The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Man why is Hasbro having Soundwave with Yellow eyes and not red. I like his red eyes better hope they change the color before it comes out later in the year.

Probably to convince people like me to buy both...

I'll still get him but I was hoping he had his red eyes. This is the one reason why I got Tarka's verison of Red ALert cause if and when Hasbro does do Red Alert they will have him with a black head and not his red. Well I still will get him.

They should have done the eyes changing gimmick...

Man why is Hasbro having Soundwave with Yellow eyes and not red. I like his red eyes better hope they change the color before it comes out later in the year.

I can't stand the yellow eyes. Usually I'm not nit-picky about these little details, but in this case the Takara version just works better. Going to contact Hasbro and give them some feedback, I suggest others do the same if don't want a yellow visor.

I can't stand the yellow eyes. Usually I'm not nit-picky about these little details, but in this case the Takara version just works better. Going to contact Hasbro and give them some feedback, I suggest others do the same if don't want a yellow visor.

I doubt that makes a difference... You at best going to get a generic response...

I knew that would happen.

It makes a lot of sense for the US Soundwave to have yellow eyes.

You knew they were gonna change something, and the TV/toy difference is the eyes.

And y'know, looking at it now, the yellow eyes look pretty good.

Hasbro has their way of Photoshopping the heck out of their pics, so it'll look nothing like that, but the yellow eyes look nice.

Still glad I got the Takara version, but still....

Was just on Bigbadtoy store and they got some new pics up on Prowl and Bluestreak and it looks like the numbers for Bluestreak and Smokesceen have change but the date releast is the same. Either BBTS got the numbers mix up or they where change. Here are new photos of Bluestreak and Prowl.

Bluestreak

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11679&mode=retail

Prowl

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11677&mode=retail

Robotkingdom shared a link.

17 hours ago

Dear customers,

Here are the confirmed information from Takara regarding the items of MP-17 to MP-19.

Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl.

Preorder.

USD59.9

Available in August 2013.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType&II=TFTRMP17&lang=us&CatID

Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak.

Preorder.

USD59.9

Available in August 2013.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType&II=TFTRMP18&lang=us&CatID

Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen.

Preorder.

USD59.9

Available in September 2013.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType&II=TFTRMP18&lang=us&CatID

I put a per-order for Bluestreak the other day on BBTS. Now all I need is the money to get him. Hopely I can get my income tax done this weekend so I know how much I'll get back to use that money on him and if there is alot I will pre-order Smokescreen as well.

I had to go and order Bluestreak even though I was only planning to get Smokescreen. That alt mode. <3

so are there any pics of the Hasbro yellow eyed/visor soundwave?

20vARiC.jpg

More: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/new-transformers-skus-from-toys-r-us-canada-177013/

I had to go and order Bluestreak even though I was only planning to get Smokescreen. That alt mode. <3

20vARiC.jpg

More: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/new-transformers-skus-from-toys-r-us-canada-177013/

meh looks fine to me, guess i'm not that picky, but who knows maybe he will have the grimlock eye treatment.....then again we did just get 5 tapes, so with all these bots we better see jazz/meister soon, and what about ratbat? didn't he get enough screen time to warrant a figure?

20vARiC.jpg

meh looks fine to me, guess i'm not that picky, but who knows maybe he will have the grimlock eye treatment.....then again we did just get 5 tapes, so with all these bots we better see jazz/meister soon, and what about ratbat? didn't he get enough screen time to warrant a figure?

Don't forget about Overkill and Slugfest. I know they where in only one epiod but I still count them in the cartoon.

they really did a knockout job with prowl and bluestreak! i soooo cant wait to see smokescreen. i agree, the set of cassettes over the energon cubes is a total win.

i much prefer the red eyes for soundwave, but the yellow is not a deal breaker for me. i'll just repaint them. seeing all of these new MP's gives me great hope that we may get a Mirage in the future.

they really did a knockout job with prowl and bluestreak! i soooo cant wait to see smokescreen. i agree, the set of cassettes over the energon cubes is a total win.

i much prefer the red eyes for soundwave, but the yellow is not a deal breaker for me. i'll just repaint them. seeing all of these new MP's gives me great hope that we may get a Mirage in the future.

mirage for you jazz for me, and I agree tapes over energon cubes is a def win, speaking of his release date does anyone know around about when he is supposed to be released? I mean the only thing that Hasbro has to do is design the box

When I was at my job today I was looking at our computer and it looks like they took down all the Masterpiece listing even thou we still have the MP Thundercracker at are store (3) of them the list for him isn't up. I think it's going to be hard from here on out to tell if any TRU will have any MP in stock or not. When we got MP Prime in also during last year he wasn't even listed. either TRU is putting them somewhere else on the computer and I can't fine it or there not going to tell any of the workers other then the Mrg. if we get any in. So when MP Soundwave comes in I may never know if we did get him or not unlist I see cases for him like how I did with Optimus.

When I was at my job today I was looking at our computer and it looks like they took down all the Masterpiece listing even thou we still have the MP Thundercracker at are store (3) of them the list for him isn't up. I think it's going to be hard from here on out to tell if any TRU will have any MP in stock or not. When we got MP Prime in also during last year he wasn't even listed. either TRU is putting them somewhere else on the computer and I can't fine it or there not going to tell any of the workers other then the Mrg. if we get any in. So when MP Soundwave comes in I may never know if we did get him or not unlist I see cases for him like how I did with Optimus.

My local TRU still has two Thundercrackers left but sold out of MP Prime very fast.I think we might still see Soundwave

mirage for you jazz for me, and I agree tapes over energon cubes is a def win, speaking of his release date does anyone know around about when he is supposed to be released? I mean the only thing that Hasbro has to do is design the box

oh, i'd love a jazz too! but apparently the german car companies vw and porche (which i think are connected) are not cool with having their vehicles used as TF alt modes any more. from what i could remember it was something about their brand being connected to "violent" characters or something like that.

oh, i'd love a jazz too! but apparently the german car companies vw and porche (which i think are connected) are not cool with having their vehicles used as TF alt modes any more. from what i could remember it was something about their brand being connected to "violent" characters or something like that.

Yeah... They didn't want their brands associated with "war machines"... That is why I though it was weird we saw an Audi in Bayformers...

My top 3...

Jazz

Mirage

Wheeljack

I thought for sure that the TRU Prime would be easy to find. Certainly they'd make a ton of them and they'd be all over the place.

Nope.

I have no confidence in TRU in any way anymore. I paid some decent scratch for my Takara MP Soundwave and I'll do it again for Prowl.

MP Prowl looks way awesome and I always thought he had a cool look. Plus I was just reading a bunch of Prowl stuff from IDW comics and I said to myself if there's ever a MP of Prowl I'd jump on it. The proportions of the robot mode look good and the car looks suprisingly sweet even though I was never a fan of that car at the time, the toy looks neato.