The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Mp 10 Black Convoy came with a trailer? Is the trailer a custom or a third party product?

Custom from the "Year of the Horse" Optimus Prime Trailer.

I apologize if I offend anyone, but when it comes to MP figures, I tend to prefer the official versions such as the upcoming Megatron that Wheeljack35 posted a link of. The reason is because Takara Tomy tends to spend years of R&D on the toys they make where I think the third party company comes with a design that somewhat resembles the original source in car and robot mode and call it a day. If I remember correctly, the designer of the official MP Laserbeak figure made a dozen prototypes of the figure until one was picked to be released.

Third party figures are great for non-MP figures as they tend to be superior than the official figures simply because they aren't constrained by toy safety standards and price points - the third party toys are also made for adults in mind.

• 1 month later...

I ordered Tracks last month....he's been sitting on my desk chilling w/Wheeljack.....great fig....little hard to transform but I got him set I think....they were never this complicated when I was lad....great fig though....action poses galore....

20161120_140831_zps9rufwccx.jpg

Friends that slay together stay together.....cheese factor 5....I put up the white background to make them feel like real model....not like those cheap frenchgirls that Jack draws....

20161120_141000_zpssggv1iwb.jpg

annndd.....later on we danced & watched foosball.....

20161120_135235_zpsdjwjqv3n.jpg

• Like 1

Dusting for the holidays, so I had to move Rodimus and a few of his buddies around. Photos followed...

mprod1_zpspye743y3.jpg

mprod2_zpscxme2diy.jpg

mprod3_zpshpkz1y6p.jpg

mprod4_zpseh8vsq9s.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No date or how much yet but here is the last of the conehead brothers to the MP family Dirge.

MP-Dirge-10_zpsifltgldp.jpg

MP-Dirge-06_zpsfjciczr3.jpg

MP-Dirge-02_zpseyquckwc.jpg

MP-Dirge-04_zpsexll0ugq.jpg

• Like 2

I'm going to have to wait until he get's a KO. It sucks that Takara made them exclusives. The mark-ups are insane.

Lucky that I don't want him the only conehead I wanted and got is Thurst. He was the only one from the 3 that was my favorite and also the only one besides Starscream that I have in the G1 toys. I've been only getting the MP version of the characters that I have in the 84-86 TF G1 toy form.

Peace and goodwill to all robotkind! Although, Megatron and Ironhide are still trying to figure out the concept.

Wishing everybody a safe and Happy Holiday! Hope you get that action figure that you wanted this weekend!

The Maestro

mpholiday1a1_zpsumkmuuvl.jpg

mpholiday2_zpsoauopdya.jpg

mpholiday3_zpsef26wiq7.jpg

mpholiday4_zps76s0fqcl.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Some recent shots of MP Dirge with his conehead brothers from Takara Tomy's Twitter:

mpdirge1_zpsmaqbaxa6.jpg

mpdirge2_zpskokyah6p.jpg

And one from me:

Shockwave continues his unholy cloning experiments in his logical pursuit to overthrow Megatron.

So, who should be the next black repaint in the MP line?

mpshock9a_zpszsk0qtvj.jpg

On a routine energon run from Autobot City to Moonbase1, Ironhide had to make a brief detour on the planet of junk for other supplies. There was a little bit of a communications breakdown when he arrived there...

Wreck-Gar: "The squeaky wheel gets the red out!"

Ironhide: "I wish I knew what you were talkin' about."

mpironjunk1_zpsq6clqcxs.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of these black Autobots remakes only Trailbreaker,Runabout & Skywarp where the true black bots and cons.

I go by the Cartoon version never the toy version and the way these MP are they are from the cartoon not the toy and another thing is I've never seen any of those before.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I woke up this morning to some good news that I found on TFW2005. There is going to be a new MP 39 coming out no date on when he is coming out but Sunstreaker & Chip gets to join Sideswipe,Spike and the others. Here are some photos that they have snown.

Sunstreaker-01_zpsbdkmds5n.jpg

Sunstreaker-04_zpsgfi775fq.jpg

Sunstreaker-02_zpsjfoibau4.jpg

Sunstreaker-03_zpsknc3vyfm.jpg

Sunstreaker-05_zpsaowussel.jpg

• Like 1