The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Great pics there, Maestro!

It's neat top see a bunch of 3rd Party figures in there, and how well a lot of them mix right in.

Devilbat, there is only one MP Galvatron out right now and that's DX9's Tryant. I have it and it's really great, but it's a whole head taller than MP-10 Optimus, which I think makes it look too big. otherwise really great piece.

FansToys' Sovereign looks to be pretty close to done, looks great but the alt mode is for crap, however it also looks smaller, more in line with how I think it should be, closer to MP-10's height. For that reason alone I think I'll pick it up. I'm nuts about scale like that.

The one that X-Transbots is making, called Abaddon, is nothing but a render right now. I have some reservations about the quality of their products. DX9 and FansToys makes solid solid toys, but X-Trans has made some real clunkers.

Sovereign looks really great, and is pretty bulky and tough as nails looking. And it's because I will likely get it that I don't think the recently leaked MP Megatron, if real, will work for me, because it looks so thin and scrawny. But the MakeToys version, Despotron that is dropping right now, that one looks like a badass, and I really think that the two of them will look great together and match the style of MP-10.

I'm a huge fan of Galvatron, moreso that Megatron, so I'm keeping a close eye on what happening on that front.

I just want what I want and don't really care who makes it as long as they make it well, so I'll certainly get a 3rd party toy if I like it better. I happen to love Maketoys' version of Hound, GunDog, and there's no way I'm replacing it with anything, official or otherwise. I am also pretty darn sure that Takara will make a Galvatron eventually and I'll happily consider it, but if I end up liking FansToys Sovereign more, as I suspect I will, then that's my boy. There's a LOT of stuff being made right now and it's kinda cool how I have a few choices of even which MP Hoist appeals to me - how crazy is that?

I don't think the recently leaked MP Megatron, if real, will work for me, because it looks so thin and scrawny.

Well, if you look closely to the original G1 cartoon renders, you'll notice that Megatron IS pretty lean... and not at all as bulky as some of the recent Megatrons have turned out.

I don't think the recently leaked MP Megatron, if real, will work for me, because it looks so thin and scrawny.

Well, if you look closely to the original G1 cartoon renders, you'll notice that Megatron IS pretty lean... and not at all as bulky as some of the recent Megatrons have turned out.

That's all fine and dandy if you want your MPs to look like the cartoon.

I for one do not. I'd rather them look more like MP-10 Optimus.

MP-10 has all the defining characteristics of the cartoon design, but is a much better, cooler-looking detailed mid-range super-articulated robot toy.

Luckily, there are options out there for peoples' differing tastes and wants.

Looks nice, Maestro. I think Star Saber is one of the most underrated MP figure due to being a Japanese G1 character and having a simple transformation.

Thanks, Doom. I really enjoy Star Saber and the different display option you can give him. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Transformers:Victory!

I'm waiting on KFC's version of Masterpiece Victory Leo, so I can combine it with MP Star Saber. Some of the early pictures on the net have them look good together.

Great pics there, Maestro!

It's neat top see a bunch of 3rd Party figures in there, and how well a lot of them mix right in.

Devilbat, there is only one MP Galvatron out right now and that's DX9's Tryant. I have it and it's really great, but it's a whole head taller than MP-10 Optimus, which I think makes it look too big. otherwise really great piece.

FansToys' Sovereign looks to be pretty close to done, looks great but the alt mode is for crap, however it also looks smaller, more in line with how I think it should be, closer to MP-10's height. For that reason alone I think I'll pick it up. I'm nuts about scale like that.

The one that X-Transbots is making, called Abaddon, is nothing but a render right now. I have some reservations about the quality of their products. DX9 and FansToys makes solid solid toys, but X-Trans has made some real clunkers.

Sovereign looks really great, and is pretty bulky and tough as nails looking. And it's because I will likely get it that I don't think the recently leaked MP Megatron, if real, will work for me, because it looks so thin and scrawny. But the MakeToys version, Despotron that is dropping right now, that one looks like a badass, and I really think that the two of them will look great together and match the style of MP-10.

I'm a huge fan of Galvatron, moreso that Megatron, so I'm keeping a close eye on what happening on that front.

I just want what I want and don't really care who makes it as long as they make it well, so I'll certainly get a 3rd party toy if I like it better. I happen to love Maketoys' version of Hound, GunDog, and there's no way I'm replacing it with anything, official or otherwise. I am also pretty darn sure that Takara will make a Galvatron eventually and I'll happily consider it, but if I end up liking FansToys Sovereign more, as I suspect I will, then that's my boy. There's a LOT of stuff being made right now and it's kinda cool how I have a few choices of even which MP Hoist appeals to me - how crazy is that?

Thanks. :)

I like that some of the 3rd party companies offer characters to fill the gaps in my masterpiece collection that Takara Tomy hasn't issued yet. Some of the 3rd parties nail the overall aesthetic of the MP line, so they do look good with the official stuff.

For me, I held off on DX9's Tyrant even though the alt mode looked great. In robot mode, I wasn't a fan of the feet or the odd looking hands. Yeah, he also has to be the same height as Prime for me to put it in my collections. Tyrant is a bit tall. Most likely I'll buy FT's, but if XTB knocks it out of the park with Abaddon like their Scourge, I will end up getting that one. Always good to have options.

Next batch of MP closeups...

FansToys Ft-04 Iron Dibots Scoria (MP Slag)

mpsclose41_zpsk7ammzsb.jpg

MP-03 Starscream (Takara)

mpsclose42_zps8f1s8o6x.jpg

Masterpiece Starscream Walmart Exclusive (Hasbro)

mpsclose49_zps2wembmqu.jpg

MP-11T Thundercracker (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose50_zpscrqswkim.jpg

MP-23 Exhaust (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose44_zpsufpg5kab.jpg

MP-21G Bumblebee G2 Version (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose45_zpseliziozs.jpg

MP-12G Lambor (Sideswipe) G2 version (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose46_zpsp2fupkel.jpg

MP-13B Ratbat (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose47_zpszpqocrk2.jpg

MP-15 Jaguar (Ravage) (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose48_zpse63ji2rp.jpg

MP-22 Ultra Magnus (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose51_zpshu4yoesr.jpg

Maestro how many MP's do you own in all? Great pics too!

Thanks.

I haven't officially counted recently, because it fluctuates. I had to sell a few, then I ended up buying a few new ones after that. I'll count them soon. :)

What do you have Ratbat sitting on?

It's MP Loudpedal's flight stand. I'll usually use that or I'll use a Tamashii stand to pose them.

I finally counted, and I have 59 Masterpiece/3rd Party Masterpiece figures combined in my collection.

And my final batch of closeups with the last few figures. I don't remember the last time I messed with my MP-5 Megatron, but he got in on the photo shoot.

MP-01 Convoy/Optimus Prime (Takara)

mpsclose60_zpsj7zdb7fc.jpg

MP-05 Megatron (Takara)

mpsclose61_zpsvwemc9sm.jpg

MP-02 Ultra Magnus (Takara)

mpsclose54_zpsm7gvfixy.jpg

MP-06 Skywarp

mpsclose52_zpszdh1fjdw.jpg

MP-28 Hot Rodimus/Hot Rod (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose53_zpsnz4vgs5b.jpg

• Like 1

X-Transbots MX-II -B Bane (Sweep)

mpsclose55_zpsykgv8fpk.jpg

MP-08 Grimlock (Takara)

mpsclose56_zpsrqazlgia.jpg

MP-09B Black Rodimus Convoy (Takara)

mpsclose58_zpsanappjsn.jpg

MP-21 Bumblebee (Takara Tomy)

mpsclose62_zpszfld701c.jpg

Masterpiece Thundercracker (Hasbro)

mpsclose63_zpsmgxmkeqe.jpg

• Like 1

Final batch...

MP-12T Tigertrack

mpsclose64a_zpsq1ajzy4f.jpg

X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon

mpsclose59_zpssxrwtpx8.jpg

Masterpiece Optimus Prime (Hasbro)

mpsclose57_zpsttkijdta.jpg

• Like 1

I am surprise Takara never release a G1 reissue of Artfire. Since I cant get it in G1, i would take an MP version.

They did do a Ricochet

(Jazz repaint). I'm hoping they get to MP Jazz soon.

From the tformers site:

Photos%20Of%20Unknown%20MP-Style%20Megat

http://tformers.com/photos-of-unknown-mp-style-megatron-figure-surface-is-this-masterpiece-megatron-version-2/30051/news.html

What do y\all think? Third party or official? I think it is the latter since the transformation looks complicated enough for an official figure, and the design doesn't have anything too stylish going on like unlike third party figures..

It must be I mean it looks like he has two extra faces like how Inferno,Grapple and some others are coming with anymore. So I would say yes he is the real Megatron.

That was my thought too.

Looks nice, Maestro. I think Star Saber is one of the most underrated MP figure due to being a Japanese G1 character and having a simple transformation.

I only skipped him because of the price & I wan to stay focused on the G1 characters for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going over some of the figures I picked up in 2016 so far, and these are my top MP picks right now. There are still a few releases left for the year, so I may update my list.

mps2016a1_zpsrpwyledl.jpg

Also, who is ready for more comeheads? I know I am!

mpsram1_zpsb8jjh7cl.jpg

I'm hoping that Thrust is out next week since from what I have seen from BBTS they have both him and Optimus Primal out the same month so I would say Thrust be out before Primal is.

I'm hoping that Thrust is out next week since from what I have seen from BBTS they have both him and Optimus Primal out the same month so I would say Thrust be out before Primal is.

I know both are due soon. I'm looking forward to both, but I'm really clamoring for MP Thrust. He was my favorite conehead, as I thought his design was the best of the three.

One more pic from me...

An injured Star Saber can only look on helplessly, as the Destron Emperor Deathsaurus mockingly makes his getaway in his fully energized Thunder Arrow!

mpstarsbaer1_zps4kbavmcl.jpg

I know both are due soon. I'm looking forward to both, but I'm really clamoring for MP Thrust. He was my favorite conehead, as I thought his design was the best of the three.

Yeah Thrust is also my favorite out of all the Decepticon Jets. He and Starscream are the only ones that I have from the orginal G1 Toys. Infact I got Thrust from e-bay about 11 years ago had a hard time getting him to. All the ones I saw on e-bay at the time was either to much or in peaices but I finally got one. Don't remember how much I pay for him but he is mine. And this MP version well be my soon as well.

Soooo....the other day I was drooling over MP's on Evilbay & then later Amazon....I noticed they had "KO" versions? They were cheaper & are considered "knock offs" in some circles...but I read a few reviews on certain figures & decided to take an leap of faith...& all in all I was very surprised w/the quality of this product & pros that outweigh the cons...the vehicle mode is solid & the plastic is good too...not at all cheap feeling....paint is good overall w/some things that are minor issues to me....the transformation process was enough to make me watch an youtube video on it so I didn't break him up w/my hulk hands....One issue that might be major for you but minor to me is the side "chest" piece doesn't like to stay in place if you grab it in an un-cautious manner when you move his arms....its happens on my fig every once in awhile during poses but not enough to make me want to return it....I've bought MP figs that have issues from TRU so this is no surprise....but for the price I'm very impressed w/his playability & pose-ability....

20161009_201555_zpsn7f2utet.jpg

This MP is a just a fun fig.....I loved WheelJack from BITD

20161009_201843_zpssxwu8bcj.jpg

I never owned the G1 version so this one makes me happy....it has plastic wheels, I don't own an Takara Version so I can't compare....it say Takasa Tony on the box as well

20161009_201936_zps9lcsjssh.jpg

It came with WheelJacks Invention Ray/BAG?....& I need to put his side-mirrors on as well.....

20161009_201725_zpskxpd1tk3.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Version-Transformers-Masterpiece-MP-20-Wheeljack/dp/B00W1VA2WW/ref=pd_sim_21_1/161-7490240-9386914?

ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00W1VA2WW&pd_rd_r=N51G8RYTFYQXMCTVWGX4&pd_rd_w=fJzyn&pd_rd_wg=qzOPC&psc=1&refRID=N51G8RYTFYQXMCTVWGX4

I agree w/an review I read....I don't plan on selling this guy so I don't mind owning this version...If I had kids I would probably buy this for my spoiled little autobot...or deceptibrat.....with these versions, it's buyer beware though...& lastly I can't shell out the major cash for figs like this but I hope to be there in a few years myself....I ordered one more fig from these guys.....it took about 2 weeks for delivery but it was worth it....IMO

The ko versions are nice, but they do have their own flaws. I have a KO Exhaust because at the time the original ones were going for a lot and the original I had, which I scored for regular online store price (or cheaper because it was free shipping) was good enough MISB. Anyway, KO Exahust had spurs on one of the shoulder cannons left uncliped, causing it to not go into the hole properly. The tabs on his gun wouldn't go into either hand and the hole on dish that goes onto the satellite accessory was too small

I'm in love with the KO seekers.

Takara only sells them as exclusives which put their price at $175 and up. There is no way I'm paying or affording that.

Ironically these KOs by BB7 or Yes Models are better quality than the real ones!

Thundercracker is on the way to me...

.jpg

$100 is more easier to swallow.

That's great guys, glad you're happy with those...

Personally I'm very tempted to get the "Wei Jiang" Optimus Prime KOs...I'm not usually tempted to get KO Transformers, but these particular figures are said to be of extremely good quality, rivaling even that of Hasbro/Takara. So far they've done an oversized MP-10 Prime and two "Evasion Mode" AOE Primes, one clean and one battle-damaged. They're about the size of the MP-01 Prime.

The only other KOs I might be tempted to get are the MISB G1 replicas, and that's only because I'd like to have them on display.

I think if I get any of the KO MP Seekers, it'll be the one time characters that were seen briefly in MTMTE. I wouldn't mind troop building these guys.

Btw, I started giving G1 characters their own commercial bumpers that never got one in the show. I may do a few more later.

tfbumper2a_zps09fagujn.jpg

skyfirebumper2_zpsxwqpsy00.jpg

• Like 1