The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

I've been tempted recently to get one of the 3rd party "Galvatron" figures, although I can't keep them all straight with their crazy names, so I can't remember who makes what. (lol) I also really like that Striker Manus (Optimus Prime) toy. I've been pretty impressed by it.

I know FansToys has their version of MP Galvatron (Sovereign) coming soon, which I have on preorder. X-Transbots has theirs as well, but they haven't shown any protos so far.

Hound to me seems off somewhat in the face. Doesn't really look like Hound to me. Also if I remember right Hound didn't have silver for his face it was more like a light green. That maybe what is wrong with him. Also Outback seems off as well. I don't recall seeing a roof on his head. I think it was just open air above his head.

If FansToys would have made the silver face white, I would have gone with that. The extra white face that he does come with seems slightly off to me. As for Outback, he has the extra part over his head in the animation model, but it doesn't stick out nearly as much in the show. He's still a pretty good representation though.

Here is my 3rd party Beachcomber that I got last year if I recall.

6FF342FB-31EB-4D28-84CE-5F5AD4A0734B_zps

16B22B16-23C6-41D1-90E8-925EAA2A2E37_zps

76674CCB-349A-4F40-856D-CB8A18F55EB8_zps

Nice! I still need to get this figure. I'll probably garb him at the next toy show I go to.

Thanks for sharing all those pics. I really like that Bombshell. He was the first insecticon that I ever owned. I like that red alert a lot too.

Love Bombshell, even though Shrapnel was my first Insecticon (Still have him too). I want to get the rest of the FT Insecticons.

• Like 1

Hound to me seems off somewhat in the face. Doesn't really look like Hound to me. Also if I remember right Hound didn't have silver for his face it was more like a light green.

He comes with an alternative head that you might like better. I find it to be more toon accurate.

Hound_zpsr8wot8k9.jpg

Nice But if you see from this photo he does have a little light green in his face if you look on his side you can see the green

hound_guards_ravage_zpsnua7a2n2.jpg

Hmm from the ones I have so far.

Grimlock (tru)

Targetmaster Hot Rod (tru)

Optimus Prime (tru)

Red Alert (TT)

Rumble/Buzzsaw (TT)

Soundwave/Laserbeak/Frenzy (tru)

Bluestreak (TT)

Smokescreen (TT)

G2 Sideswipe (TT)

Ratbat (Knock off or 3rd party don't know from where)

Starscream (TRU)

Beachcomber (3rd party)

I would say my favorite for right now would be maybe Soundwave. Once I get Thrust he well be my favorite send he was one of my favorite Decepticons.

Im very partial to my MP Grimlock, it was a Fathers-day gift from my wife. Leaving that Grimlock aside, Its a toss up between MP Optimus Prime and Soundwave. I like Soundwave so much that I picked up Takara's Ratbat and KFC's Slugfest, Overkill, Beastbox and Squawktalk.

There's been a Slugfest & Overkill? I've been waiting for TT to make them.

Curious, what is your favorite Masterpiece figure as of recent? You can name unofficial MP figures .

The last few MP's that I picked up recently are some of my favorites.

Fans Toys Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge) Perfect MP in my book. This guy is a beast!

KFC's Crash Hog & Dumpyard - KFC turned up the quality on these two, and are dead ringers for Wreck-Gar and the Junkions. I'm pretty sure they're plannimg more.

X-Transbots Swarmps (Masterpiece Sweeps) - Again, they look like they stepped right out of the movie, and the quality is really good. Feet are difficult to transform, but after a few transformations, I have it down.

Masterpiece Ironhide - I know the figure gets some criticism, but I think he's fun figure. He comes with a ton of accessories for different display options.

So you think the FT insecticons are worth it?

Yes, I only have FansToys Grenadier, but he's a solid figure with a lot of diecast and pretty dead on sculpt. I heard the other insecticons have the same quality.

Btw, I did some more closeups tonight.

mpsclose17_zpsc4jzgfjh.jpg

mpsclose16_zpsa74gvzad.jpg

mpsclose15_zpsat8jzokn.jpg

mpsclose14_zpsaysrcrn7.jpg

mpsclose18_zpsckfcoivj.jpg

• Like 1

So many awesome pics!

As for my fave MP, as of now, it would have to be Prowl. I always loved the G1 toy and the MP version is basically that but adapted to today's toy-production possibilities.

Granted, I haven't opened my MP Magnus, BB, Ironhide, Rodimus or Shockwave. So yeah, my choice could potentially change down the road. Also, good God, I neeed more time and shelf space!

Yes, I only have FansToys Grenadier, but he's a solid figure with a lot of diecast and pretty dead on sculpt. I heard the other insecticons have the same quality.

Thanks for the info, and awesome pics by the way! Keep em coming. Thats one heck of a MP collection you've got.

I really wanted to buy an MP Ultra Magnus.....Is this 3rd party one worth it??? Great price imop but I don't know about this company version....

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KFC10027&mode=retail

Why not just go with Takara's official MP Ultra Magnus? He's pretty great looking.

I don't know much about Citizen Stack, but I remember hearing the guys of Radio Free Cybertron saying he's not that great...

I really wanted to buy an MP Ultra Magnus.....Is this 3rd party one worth it??? Great price imop but I don't know about this company version....

I read it's been a mixed bag in quality with Citizen Stack as well. I would check some reviews before making a purchase.

Thanks for the info, and awesome pics by the way! Keep em coming. Thats one heck of a MP collection you've got.

Thanks, Skywarp! I've actually downzised the collection, and mainly focused on MP's at this point. Plus, they take up way more shelf space than the average TF figure.

did a few more tonight...

mpsclose19_zpsx6q7jomx.jpg

mpsclose25_zpswy2w4mhu.jpg

mpsclose21_zps6l8xe6hi.jpg

mpsclose22_zpsyaweghkx.jpg

mpsclose23_zpsqr1fj0e6.jpg

• Like 1

I love these pics! What camera do you use?

Thanks!

I'm just using my old GalaxyS III phone. I also picked up some lighting equipment which helps bring out the details.

I'm actually looking into getting a professional camera, so I can really do some hi-res pics of Transformers and other figures for my reviews and FB photo page.

Why not just go with Takara's official MP Ultra Magnus? He's pretty great looking.

I don't know much about Citizen Stack, but I remember hearing the guys of Radio Free Cybertron saying he's not that great...

Well the KFC price is right.....I did check some reviews & it seems the Citizen Stack is ripe w/loose hinges & a few other issues....I think I'll wait till Takara has an sale.....thanks man

Well the KFC price is right.....I did check some reviews & it seems the Citizen Stack is ripe w/loose hinges & a few other issues....I think I'll wait till Takara has an sale.....thanks man

Happy to help!

Here's hoping you can find MPs on sale somewhere. They don't seem to go down in price too often. Not counting the fact Magnus is Japan only, so no American TRU sales to watch for.