The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

I read somewhere that the Combiner Wars Devastator released last year was for all intents and purposes also considered by Hasbro as fitting in with the Masterpiece figures. I gotta say, I don't agree with that at all. Definitely not enough details/articulation to be considered MP...

• Like 1

I don't either I have both Hook and Long Haul and I try to put them next to my MP Starscream and noway do they come close to MP and also with the looks of Mixmaster he doesn't look anything like his cartoon counterpart at all. Plus they don't have any guns other then Devastor himself.

I don't either I have both Hook and Long Haul and I try to put them next to my MP Starscream and noway do they come close to MP and also with the looks of Mixmaster he doesn't look anything like his cartoon counterpart at all. Plus they don't have any guns other then Devastor himself.

I wonder if they meant the JPN version as the individual guys come with weapons.

Also to me Long Haul doesn't look right I mean like his legs are not right. So I don't count them MP even for Japans version.

From the tformers site:

Photos%20Of%20Unknown%20MP-Style%20Megat

http://tformers.com/photos-of-unknown-mp-style-megatron-figure-surface-is-this-masterpiece-megatron-version-2/30051/news.html

What do y\all think? Third party or official? I think it is the latter since the transformation looks complicated enough for an official figure, and the design doesn't have anything too stylish going on like unlike third party figures..

• Like 1

Also to me Long Haul doesn't look right I mean like his legs are not right. So I don't count them MP even for Japans version.

Yep, same. Even the added articulation and guns in the Japanese version doesn't make it MP to me. It's just a classier version of Hasbro's Devastator.

From the tformers site:

Photos%20Of%20Unknown%20MP-Style%20Megat

http://tformers.com/photos-of-unknown-mp-style-megatron-figure-surface-is-this-masterpiece-megatron-version-2/30051/news.html

What do y\all think? Third party or official? I think it is the latter since the transformation looks complicated enough for an official figure, and the design doesn't have anything too stylish going on like unlike third party figures..

This looks amazing. I really, really hope it's official. Since I don't collect 3rd party figures, I won't be getting any of the great looking Megatrons that are coming out soon-ish. I'd be buying this one for sure when it comes out if it's Takara. Here's hoping!

It must be I mean it looks like he has two extra faces like how Inferno,Grapple and some others are coming with anymore. So I would say yes he is the real Megatron.

It must be I mean it looks like he has two extra faces like how Inferno,Grapple and some others are coming with anymore. So I would say yes he is the real Megatron.

I too think it is real as well for having two extra faceplates - I do not think any third party figures include different faces like the official MP figures. As noted before, the style of the figure looks official to the point where they consider alt mode - the third party Megatron tends to have great robot designs, but gun mode with bulky handgrips.

Man I hope that's official...I mean, I'm usually a Transformer snob and only like official figures. But recently I've adopted the "more-the-merrier" attitude, that if 3rd-party figures are done well and are quality toys, then why the heck not. I've even been tempted recently to explore even getting a couple to see what all the hub-bub's about...

But yeah...I've been wanting a superior update for Megatron for years. I'd get one in a heartbeat. And I'd prefer the official version whenever possible. But I'm slowly coming around to entertaining 3rd-party figures...

But recently I've adopted the "more-the-merrier" attitude, that if 3rd-party figures are done well and are quality toys, then why the heck not. I've even been tempted recently to explore even getting a couple to see what all the hub-bub's about...

But I'm slowly coming around to entertaining 3rd-party figures...

I know what you mean. I was resistant to getting 3rd party stuff. I have since converted. However, I dont want junk, so I look at reviews carefully.

I'm in the same way. I'm not into the 3rd party Transformers I really don't like they way they look and how cheap looking they are. I do have a 3rd party Beachcomber even though he is ok this is just a stand in untell TT comes out with one then I well replace the 3rd party Beachcomber.

Third parties continue to improve in quality, and some of them do a nice job filling the gap in my Masterpiece collection. As for that Megatron reveal, I'm pretty sure that's an official Takara Tomy proto. I hope we see colored pics soon!

Some of my figures mugging for the camera tonight...
mpsclose1_zpshhi1s5bi.jpg
mpsclose2_zpsqz9mrqvl.jpg
mpsclose3_zpsvbjmky8x.jpg
mpsclose4_zpskqd7rfsv.jpg
mpsclose5_zpsekyd6rm5.jpg

Hound to me seems off somewhat in the face. Doesn't really look like Hound to me. Also if I remember right Hound didn't have silver for his face it was more like a light green. That maybe what is wrong with him. Also Outback seems off as well. I don't recall seeing a roof on his head. I think it was just open air above his head.

Here is my 3rd party Beachcomber that I got last year if I recall.

6FF342FB-31EB-4D28-84CE-5F5AD4A0734B_zps

16B22B16-23C6-41D1-90E8-925EAA2A2E37_zps

76674CCB-349A-4F40-856D-CB8A18F55EB8_zps

I've been tempted recently to get one of the 3rd party "Galvatron" figures, although I can't keep them all straight with their crazy names, so I can't remember who makes what. (lol) I also really like that Striker Manus (Optimus Prime) toy. I've been pretty impressed by it.

Hound to me seems off somewhat in the face. Doesn't really look like Hound to me. Also if I remember right Hound didn't have silver for his face it was more like a light green.

He comes with an alternative head that you might like better. I find it to be more toon accurate.

Hound_zpsr8wot8k9.jpg