The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Very nice pics, Maestro! As a huge G1 S3 fan, those pics really excite my eyes and bring back so many nostalgia, lol.

Thanks, Reminator. I'm hoping we get more of the 3rd season bots in Masterpiece form. I already have the new Hot Rod on order. I'm hoping we get characters like Kup, Arcee, Springer, and Galvatron. Would love to see those made!

Speaking of 3rd season bots, let me preface this by saying I am never, never, never, ever transforming this particuar figure again, once I put it back in robot mode! I love the look of this figure, but it's such a pain to transform, and those "peanut brittle" knee joints...ugh!

Did mainly the vehicle modes on the photo shoot...

mps373a_zpsw4yoxwzq.jpg

mps374a_zpsuuyrvrcu.jpg

mps375a_zpsmgcd848w.jpg

mps376a_zpsqcnyd6mb.jpg

Beautiful.

The deco they put on MP-09 there is so nice, and I don't even know that that's a character but I am excited for the inevitable black deco of MP-28 Hot Rod. I am having some great fun with that one and how fun and easy it is to transform (unlike MP-09) and as huge a fan as i am of that car, it'll look supah-sweet in the black deco too.

Beautiful.

The deco they put on MP-09 there is so nice, and I don't even know that that's a character but I am excited for the inevitable black deco of MP-28 Hot Rod. I am having some great fun with that one and how fun and easy it is to transform (unlike MP-09) and as huge a fan as i am of that car, it'll look supah-sweet in the black deco too.

Thanks, Andorian!

I'm looking forward to my MP Hot Rod which is still in HLJ's warehouse along with my MP Road Rage. I'm waiting for MP Shockwave to hit, then I'll ship all three figures.

I can't imagine Takara not doing a dark repaint for Hot Rod. If it's similar to the MP-9B colors, it's an instant buy. Love the colors on that figure!

Worked on another shoot this week...

Optimus Prime isn't around, so MP-10U (Masterpiece Ultra Magnus KO) is taking lead today. Megatron does not approve...

mps422a1_zpsqspzy01y.jpg

mps423a1a_zpszjdub8yk.jpg

mps424a1a_zpsxkxqp27t.jpg

mps425a1a_zpsrlwniz9k.jpg

LOL, priceless Maestro, awesome play scene with Megatron and KO MP10U!

Bummer, I need to get myself that KO MP10U. Every time I tried to pull a trigger, I ended up cancelling the order. I kept on thinking TTomy will release the white Magnus MP10 robot cab.

Other reason to get KO MP10U, not my image:

scramblecityum1_zpsjrtp7wiu.jpg

image1b_zpst4o0omxr.jpg

image2_zpss1c05rso.jpg

image3_zpsvysnnvcq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I should be getting my MP 3RD Party Beachcomber next Tuesday.

Well I just got my 3rd Party Masterpiece Beachcomber today. I did have some trouble with transforming him in the legs but thanks to the video I got him done. Here are some photos of him and the size compaire with Optimus Prime & Red Alert.

76674CCB-349A-4F40-856D-CB8A18F55EB8_zps

6FF342FB-31EB-4D28-84CE-5F5AD4A0734B_zps

16B22B16-23C6-41D1-90E8-925EAA2A2E37_zps

Beachcomber looks gorgeous! The group pic brings back 80s toon memory all over again. Man, seeing your pic, now I want Red Alert badly. Can't wait to purchase MP14+.

If you want Beachcomber I got him from BBTS. Here is the link to him.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=XTR10024&mode=retail

BTW I put his Autobot logo on he doesn't come with any.