The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And on the topic of Not-so-cheap-and-easy repaints: Road Rage!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12132&mode=retail

As far as taking a regular release and modifying it with new parts, this is the most extensive we've seen, with new biceps, hips,crotch, thighs and head.

And I think the very slim Tracks mold actually looks better as a female.

But the most exciting thing about Road Rage is that the same TaoBao listing that said Tracks was MP-25 and Road Rage was MP-26, also said Ironhide was MP-27.

A new company called Voodoo is making a MP Ironhide and Ratchet, plus the TFC Toys version of MP Ironhide, which seems a little nuts if TT is making an official one, but hey, having an official Ultra Magnus didn't stop people from buying Citizen Stack.

Is there a 3P Transformers forum, because 3P is blowing up right ow with MP products in development.

All I want is TT to start making some Decepticons. The last MP I got was MP G2 Sideswipe and he's been out for the last 2 years. I want a Astrotrain and Thurst & Targetmaster Scorge.

As far as taking a regular release and modifying it with new parts, this is the most extensive we've seen, with new biceps, hips,crotch, thighs and head.

But the most exciting thing about Road Rage is that the same TaoBao listing that said Tracks was MP-25 and Road Rage was MP-26, also said Ironhide was MP-27.

A new company called Voodoo is making a MP Ironhide and Ratchet, plus the TFC Toys version of MP Ironhide, which seems a little nuts if TT is making an official one, but hey, having an official Ultra Magnus didn't stop people from buying Citizen Stack.

Is there a 3P Transformers forum, because 3P is blowing up right ow with MP products in development.

omg, he looks fantastic!!

omg, she looks fantastic!!

Fixed that for you. Road Rage is a fembot.

omg, she looks fantastic!!

Fixed that for you. Road Rage is a fembot.

oops, didnt know. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

All I want is more Decepticons need to take a break from the Autobots for now. Give us the likes like Thrust,Astrotrain,TM Scoruge, & Glavatron.

• Like 1

I'm warming up to Ironhide, although I still think the headsculpt is hideous.

But I kinda think things may change when we get some pics of the thing further along in its development, and just plain better pics.

And Kill Solo, I am done waiting for Takara to make Hound, my fave character. Both FansToys and MakeToys are making a 3rd party version of MP Hound, and they're both known for good products. Not everyone goes the 3P route but I am on board from a nice MP Hound.

are there pics of a Takara IH? i've seen pics of the TFC version which looks pretty great.

are there pics of a Takara IH? i've seen pics of the TFC version which looks pretty great.

More pics here: http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/20/tokyo-toy-show-transformers-panel-roundup-masterpiece-ironhide-unitw-warriors-devastator-more-293880

45sW2Zfh.jpg

(sorry, would've done TFormers but the pics weren't quite as good there)

I'm not fond of the MP Ironhide hip kibble, very distracting. Also the tires ass exposed and large crotch are eyes sore too but I can over come that. Athough I'll mostly purchase TTomy Ironhide, personally, I think 3rd Party Voodoo Ironhide/Ratchet just look much, much better.

I'm not fond of the MP Ironhide hip kibble, very distracting. Also the tires ass exposed and large crotch are eyes sore too but I can over come that. Athough I'll mostly purchase TTomy Ironhide, personally, I think 3rd Party Voodoo Ironhide/Ratchet just look much, much better.

I just checked out the Voodoo bots. They look good, but I think both companies' offerings have pros and cons. For one thing, the alt modes on the Voodoo figures are practically scraping the ground with robot kibble. TakaraTomy has shown that they like to start with a flawless alt mode and work their way to the bot mode from there, and this might be one reason why Voodoo's bot mode looks a little more seamless. Having the windows on the feet is a departure from animation accuracy though, and I also prefer TT's head sculpt at this point. I agree the crotch area on the Takara piece is a bit glaring. I can live with the hip kibble.

I really want to see some decent pics of MP Ironhide at this point. Something that's not a picture of a picture on a projection screen.

• 1 month later...

Ironhide is still up in the air for me. Right now I am still leaning on the Voodoo version.

Truth be told, 3P is doing it for me way more than official right now. Passed on Bumble, Saber and Tracks, might pass on Ironhide.

Meanwhile 3P has got me for a Hound, an Inferno (both MakeToys), a Megatron (that'd be Bold Form Gladius), a Galvatron (DX9), a Shockwave (Cloud 9), maybe an insecticon or 2, and likely an Ironhide (Voodoo).

Don't make no difference to me if it's official or off-brand - if it's that good I'll get it. 3P just making way more stuff that I'm into right now but I hope Takara announces some more stuff.

I'm cool with 3rd party but I generally like to support the official product when Takara/Hasbro get it right. Admittedly I'm also on the fence right now about Ironhide and I may end up passing on this one. But Bumble, Tracks and Star Saber look great to me. Takara has been churning out more hits than misses.

Yeah I have pass on alot of them lately the last MP that I got was G2 Sideswipe & a knock off of Ratbat but the ones that came after Sideswipe I pass on them. I'm going to try and get the TRU Starscream when my store gets him send I never got him when Taraka had him I also will get a 10% discount on him send I work at TRU and I could put him on layway to pay little at a time.

Starscream is only supposed to be $60, so with an employee discount that will be a pretty good deal. No coronation kit is a disappointment though. Hasbro has released this mold 3 times already, so at this point Starscream is feeling a bit plain jane to me. There's nothing special to differentiate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today at my job we got in the Masterpiece Starscream. I pull mine on Layway I only had to pay for the first payment of 5.39 so I got until Dec. if I want to, to get him but I should have the rest of the money next week to get him next weekend.