The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

He looks great but just to big for my shelfs I wouldn't be able to put him up with the others. So I'm going have to skip him. I just hope if they do Glavatron he will not be this big. If I remember right I think he was the same size as Optimus in the cartoon.

He's such a hard figure to engineer. I think its a great attempt, i wonder if they'll do another redo of him to get him perfect and less bulky. But i already pre-ordered, was a huge fan of him as a kid. Now just need Galvatron and i'm done.

I think Ultra Magnus is gonna be a hell of a toy once we get to play with it.

But I'm just as happy to see how Wheeljack is coming along. The latest prototype they're showing has got some changes in materials and deco. Wheeljack is still my most highly anticipated. He is looking awesome.

They should have made his legs blue instead of red. Yes i get for the trailer connecting part but you don't really see it, its more of a distraction on the robot mode than vehicle.

Hasbro seems to have confirmed that Sideswipe and Bluestreak are coming.

From: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2014-hasbro-transformers-toys-panel-180453/

11:39

BLUESTREAKM iS COMING TOO!

11:39

And he's not alone!

11:38

Masterpiece Sideswipe confirmed for the US!!!![

Got a little lucky today at TRU.. Found an MP-Prime and a King Grimlock... Grimlock was sold for 50% if you buy the Prime... Plus 2 free movie passes. ... Better check your local TRUs to those who don't have either an MP Prime and/or Grimlock.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no point in buying these unless you are either a Hasbro fanboy or a completest. I think the only figures that are worth getting if you don't mind the different paint apps are the bigger Masterpiece figures. That Sunstorm is priced way lower than the Japanese version, though I am sure he would have the Starscream accessories. Would ppl start buying the bootlegs because of how overpriced these are?

There is no point in buying these unless you are either a Hasbro fanboy or a completest. I think the only figures that are worth getting if you don't mind the different paint apps are the bigger Masterpiece figures. That Sunstorm is priced way lower than the Japanese version, though I am sure he would have the Starscream accessories. Would ppl start buying the bootlegs because of how overpriced these are?

I rather not have bootlegs in my collection... I do hear good things about them though for half the price...

I rather not have bootlegs in my collection... I do hear good things about them though for half the price...

Same here, although I might have to buy one to replace the right hand for my Takara Tigertracks - my yellow lambor has two left sets of fingers. When it comes to mp, I usually buy the Takara versions unless it is a figure hard to obtain within the normal price range (the seekers), a figure with new accessories (Hot Rod), or figures that haven't been made in the Takara line (Acid Storm, whom I have yet to purchase)

Latest pic

Love the chest matrix, the pic with Kobayashi holdiing MP22, lower inner legs appear to be blue with white face on the front??

Color shot of the white Magnus head, Spike and Daniel sitting inside the cab.

Can't wait to have this baby.

Untitled-1copy_zps00474630.jpg

dm140902-765x1024__scaled_800_zps92a86aab.jpg

Latest pic

Love the chest matrix, the pic with Kobayashi holdiing MP22, lower inner legs appear to be blue with white face on the front??

Color shot of the white Magnus head, Spike and Daniel sitting inside the cab.

Can't wait to have this baby.

Untitled-1copy_zps00474630.jpg

dm140902-765x1024__scaled_800_zps92a86aab.jpg

this figure is simply brilliant

For anyone who didn't know already MP Prowl is up on TRU.com.....I ordered cause I hateeeee driving around & calling ahead.....I was lucky enough to find Grimlock but never saw him once at retail.....I used my 10 dollar off coupon as well.....TG for free shipping....good luck hunters

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32714646&cp=&parentPage=search

$70 though! Come on Hasbro/TRU, you're not giving us much incentive to buy your product when it's actually cheaper to import one from Japan. At least include the Amazon launchers or something.

But uh, not to rain on your parade, GuitarDevil. Congrats on acquiring Prowl. :D

$70 though! Come on Hasbro/TRU, you're not giving us much incentive to buy your product when it's actually cheaper to import one from Japan. At least include the Amazon launchers or something.

But uh, not to rain on your parade, GuitarDevil. Congrats on acquiring Prowl. :D

Its cool man I've got an umbrella....I know I could buy it through overseas vendors but for some reason I purchase my MP's through TRU...I guess I like getting gouged or the shiny boxes they come in....its a steep price for a little guy & I passed on the repaint of yet another Decepticon "Henchman"....howsabout a MP ShockWave or Galvatron? or something other than background Starscreams....thanks it's always a struggle here in the valley to find any MP love on the shelves....So far w/all the MP's that have come out.....GrimLock was the only one I ever found at retail....& that was a fluke that happened on my birthday of all things.....