The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Goldbug is really really angular, unlike the curves of Bumblebee. Same alt mode, very very different robot mode. I don't think they'd save much by having to make the entire robot mode different. Might as well just make an entire unique mold. But if they can use some of Bumblebee, more power to them.

Cliffjumper is kinda similar in robot mode, but completely different in alt mode. That fan-made digibash shows how a robot mode might look, but everything about the car would have to be different. May as well make a completely unique mold. The G1 Bumblebee and the G1 Cliffjumper were completely unique molds - I'd hope the Masterpieces were also. Ideally Cliffjumper should be taller than Bumblebee too if they want to go for cartoon-based scale, and they do.

It wouldn't affect me either way they go, because I'm not getting a Goldbug nor a Cliffjumper, but I just like the Masterpiece line and don't want it to cut corners and make a bunch of repaints that don't really make sense. That kind of crap may fly in the Classics line, but Masterpiece is suppossed to be quality.

Don't like the coloring of Wheeljack to me it doesn't look right. I wasn't going to pick him up anyways but still don't like the colors to him.

Don't like the coloring of Wheeljack to me it doesn't look right. I wasn't going to pick him up anyways but still don't like the colors to him.

it might just be the magazine. i think it'll look better when we see official pics.

I really do think that photo of Wheeljack isn't doing him any favors.

Japanese publications love to shoot toys at just that angle, with the puffed out chest and from below. I see it all the time, but it just exagerates Wheeljack's barrel-chested, bowlegged qualities.

I'm super happy with the colors. Of the 3 companies involved with doing that - Takara, Lancia and Alitlaia, it was Alitlaia that I thought would be the most trouble if you look at the history.

SO happy that racecar livery was nailed. And red wheels and everything!!! That is super awesome. In this case, car mode accuracy is a huge win.

I haven't been this excited for a MP since Soundwave.

Me too, you are not alone. I was very excited by the prototype but this latest revelation just killed it for me. He looks like he's wearing the Xmas red and green sweater, lol. Not a fan of the black color too. Looks like WJ may be joining my wait for Hasbro release just like Red Alert unless there's a toon exclusive redeco down the line.

Glad, MP UM is finally confirmed by TTomy. The silhouette looks great, my only complaint is I wish his rifle was a little bit bigger.

Wow, he's tiny. Smaller than a deluxe. I mentioned before that I thought TakaraTomy would only make Bee about a head smaller than the others so as to keep up the illusion of scale, while still giving us something substantial to hold in our hands. Right now, looking at that pic, I wish they had gone that route. I don't know if the inclusion of Spike offsets that feeling for me. Maybe I'll come around though, I dunno.

So now we may all know how the likes of Cliffjumper,Beachcomber,Warpath,Gears and the others will look like in size along with Prowl,Smokescreen and the others.

Same here he is one of my top 6 I really want in MP form. The other 5 I really want are.

Goldbug

Jazz

Sunstreaker

Astrotrain

Thrust

These are my must have in MP form

Same here he is one of my top 6 I really want in MP form. The other 5 I really want are.

Goldbug

Jazz

Sunstreaker

Astrotrain

Thrust

These are my must have in MP form

the only two I can see them making for certain from your list would be Jazz. i can also see Ironhide and Ratchet being a definite mainly because they share the same mould.

At some point, hopefully in the near future, I'd love to see:

Mirage

Braun

Beachcomber

Seaspray

Cosmos

Warpath

As much as I would LOVE to have an MP insecticons set, I don’t see it happening. Do you guys think that TomyTak will make a set of bugs that will be the same size as a lambo and a Nissan 240?

I think they could do Kickback and the other two the size for them is nothing to worry about send there not cars or planes. But if I remember right I think there about the same size in insect mode as Wheeljack and Sideswipe in there car modes but I could be wrong I got to fine some photos of them.

Ideally Cliffjumper should be taller than Bumblebee too if they want to go for cartoon-based scale, and they do.

as I already posted a few pages back, asides from animation errors,Bumblebee and Cliffjumper were the same hight

That's a nice picture.

Take a look at the one attached.

b01o.jpg

Notice the difference?

See how Bumblebee has his own line to indicate that he is a bit shorter than the other minibots, including Cliffjumper right there?

Truth is these scale charts don't mean much of anything.

If they really were used as guides for the animation, then isn't the animation the real thing you should judge things on?

Unless you liked the comics, then maybe you'd use that as a guide.

The reality is, we all have an idea in our heads about how these things should scale relative to each other.

I've watched those episodes a bunch of times and I already have it in my head - Bumblebee was always protrayed as the smallest Autobot.

I found a scale chart that agrees with my assesment - hooray. But so what.

That's not proof. It doesn't mean my way is absolutely correct. It's just evidence.

The idea you have in your head - that's what's important. But only to you.

post-41606-0-13944300-1395955811_thumb.jpg

I do have a question between Bumblebee and Cosmos. That is isn't Cosmos smaller then Bumblebee or are they the same size. Also I couldn't fine any photos of the insecticons in there bug forms next to any of the Autobots in there car mode. But I'm sure that the Insecticons are the same size as Sideswipe and the others in car mode.

That's a nice picture.

Take a look at the one attached.

b01o.jpg

Notice the difference?

See how Bumblebee has his own line to indicate that he is a bit shorter than the other minibots, including Cliffjumper right there?

Truth is these scale charts don't mean much of anything.

If they really were used as guides for the animation, then isn't the animation the real thing you should judge things on?

Unless you liked the comics, then maybe you'd use that as a guide.

The reality is, we all have an idea in our heads about how these things should scale relative to each other.

I've watched those episodes a bunch of times and I already have it in my head - Bumblebee was always protrayed as the smallest Autobot.

I found a scale chart that agrees with my assesment - hooray. But so what.

That's not proof. It doesn't mean my way is absolutely correct. It's just evidence.

The idea you have in your head - that's what's important. But only to you.

Thanks for saying its a nice picture.

If you feel this issue is not important to you I'm not sure why you even bothered to replied.

I took a very close look at the image you attached to your post.

Guess what I Noticed?

Cliffjumper isn't anywhere in the image you posted.

From left to right I see an arm[prime likely], Bluestreak, Bumblebee, Huffer,Windcharger,Brawn and Gears.

But no Cliffjumper at all.How can you try to win an argument by providing a picture as evidence when that picture contains no evidence what so ever to help your case??

Truth is these scale charts were made from official materials from the Sunbow animation team.True there were many size animation mistakes made in the series but this is the official size charts that the animators used for season 1 and 2.And for your information, the comics used a different scale system , some characters were completely different sizes from their toon counterparts.

I've watched those episodes more times then I could possible ever begin to count and I understand why You may have it in your head that Bumblebee should be smaller,and on a personal level I don't exactly disagree with you, but you haven't provided anything to support what you think.i

The reality here is, the scale chart you found completely and utterly failed to support your argument and claims..

With out a rendering of Cliffjumper....Its not proof, its not evidence, its nothing, its worthless in regards to this conversation.

For the record, if you feel this intin important, then don't reply.

Copy2ofCopyofescalaautobotsg1b_zpscd6b360e.jpg

ahsn1_zps920b6b40.jpg

ahsn_zpsf92c5d22.jpg

I do have a question between Bumblebee and Cosmos. That is isn't Cosmos smaller then Bumblebee or are they the same size. Also I couldn't fine any photos of the insecticons in there bug forms next to any of the Autobots in there car mode. But I'm sure that the Insecticons are the same size as Sideswipe and the others in car mode.

here you go.

ahsn_zpsf92c5d22.jpg

sunbow_scale_zps9e6b7b74.jpg