The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

OK, well there we go.

Looks like a 1302 Super beetle from 1971 or 1972 (Wide front, flat windshield), real-world not chibi, which I was hoping for.

BBTS already dropping the price. Added fully-transforming exo-suit w/ Spike or Daniel.

I guess that does kinda make up for the small size, or what I'm assuming is a small size.

Not that I want the exo-suit at all, but I know a lot of people that do.

I like the tire on his back. That's nice. The thing does look good.

I may wait to see if Hasbro brings it over to the US, because how can they not??

It's nice to see a removable faceplate, but what is the purpose of that?

Is there gonna be a second swappable face? One angry and one smiling?

Or do they want to give him a toy-based face and a toon based face?

OK, well there we go.

Looks like post-war VW bug, like a 1967 model, real-world not chibi, which I was hoping for.

BBTS already dropping the price. Added fully-transforming exo-suit w/ Spike or Daniel.

I guess that does kinda make up for the small size, or what I'm assuming is a small size.

I may wait to see if Hasbro brings it over to the US, because how can they not??

I am assuming for people that like to display him in dynamic poses...

wow, that's pretty damn great looking thus far! i'm a little disapointed on the size. i know he'll be "in scale" but he looks to be about 5 inches tall in bot mode. if that's the case...that sucks. but hey, i understand that there's only so much you can do to make a robot fit into the form of a tiny vw beetle, so i'm still thrilled that it's being made available.

OK, well there we go.

Looks like post-war VW bug, like a 1967 model, real-world not chibi, which I was hoping for.

or different styled face ... cartoon, comic , video game ... maybe its a bumblejumper or whatever variant ...

I am assuming for people that like to display him in dynamic poses...

Now I just need to see a comparison picture witrh Bublebee and some of the other cars.

Looking at the 'holy scale chart', Bee can come out really small. I imagine around 5 inches tall would be about right for me, but that's because I am enjoying the Classics Bumblebee in my MP display and he's about 5 inches tall.

I already know a lot of people who are not getting MP Bubmlebee because he's not chibi in vehivle mode just like his G1 Penny Racer self, and I know a lot of people are bitching that if he comes out too small they won't buy him too, but I still am gonna say this MP will sell very very well. People are nuts about Bumblebee.

I don't want him and it's not because he be small if he is the only way I will get him is as Goldbug. I have nothing against Bumblebee he has been one of my favorite characters but I just want his upgrade form more then his former self.

I have to admit, initially I wasn't too enthusiastic at the prospect of Masterpiece BB. I was 90% prepared to pass on this one... until I saw the prototype. Totally won me over. Nice job, TakaraTomy.

As far as the fan gripes go, I can understand the apprehension about his size, and ultimately I do think he will be a bit on the small side, but this is why he smartly includes Exo Suit Spike as a bonus. The chibi thing, well, I was never really expecting TT to go that route. Since they revamped the MP line, they've proven that they're going for licensed, realistic alt modes and animation accurate robot modes, which is what we have here. I'm sorry if some fans are disappointed, but the realistic alt modes have been a draw for me, so I'm happy.

I agree with you StrangePlanet, BB is gonna be a hot seller.

Now I just need to see a comparison picture witrh Bublebee and some of the other cars.

Looking at the 'holy scale chart', Bee can come out really small. I imagine around 5 inches tall would be about right for me, but that's because I am enjoying the Classics Bumblebee in my MP display and he's about 5 inches tall.

I already know a lot of people who are not getting MP Bubmlebee because he's not chibi in vehivle mode just like his G1 Penny Racer self, and I know a lot of people are bitching that if he comes out too small they won't buy him too, but I still am gonna say this MP will sell very very well. People are nuts about Bumblebee.

i was hoping for a 7 inch tall BB...

I preordered this from bbts and i'm excited.I wonder how Takara got Volkswagon to give in and make him a beetle

TakaraTomy's lead Masterpiece designer said that Tomy's Tomica die-cast car brand (similar to Hot Wheels) has opened the door to a lot of licenses that were hard to obtain back when it was just Takara.

Do you guys think they will reuse this mode for him as Goldbug. I mean his car mode is the same but yeah his robot mode is a little different then Bumblebee's. I think it be cool if they do Goldbug have him come with some kind of hate plaque [ms] or have that spase sider with him from The Return Of Optimus Prime.

Do you guys think they will reuse this mode for him as Goldbug. I mean his car mode is the same but yeah his robot mode is a little different then Bumblebee's. I think it be cool if they do Goldbug have him come with some kind of hate plaque [ms] or have that spase sider with him from The Return Of Optimus Prime.

You never know, TakaraTomy may have designed Bee with the intention of releasing Goldbug as well. They do like to maximize their mold use with MPs. It would probably take some remolding to the upper body if they were going for this look:

Z3Hh7Uy.jpg

Actually I've been wondering something similar: do you guys think TT could possibly re-skin Bee to make Cliffjumper? A proper Porsche 924 CJ. Looking at Bee, and at how differently the Beetle and Porsche are shaped, you might not immediately think so. But with some clever engineering and foresight on their part, I think it could be possible, especially since the two characters basically share the same transformation.

You never know, TakaraTomy may have designed Bee with the intention of releasing Goldbug as well. They do like to maximize their mold use with MPs. It would probably take some remolding to the upper body if they were going for this look:

Z3Hh7Uy.jpg

Actually I've been wondering something similar: do you guys think TT could possibly re-skin Bee to make Cliffjumper? A proper Porsche 924 CJ. Looking at Bee, and at how differently the Beetle and Porsche are shaped, you might not immediately think so. But with some clever engineering and foresight on their part, I think it could be possible, especially since the two characters basically share the same transformation.

Yeah, Cliffjumper's car mode may or may not have been based on the Porsche 924 cj, but it was chibified so much that it is now its own style vehicle. I would rather tommy/takara design the MP CJ in the resemblance of the toy/toon vehicle style than the Porsche. It would be minimal tooling for the already established BB figure and maybe they'll save some royalty money from not having to use a "real" car model.

If that is a real Cliffjumper then I will get him. He doesn't look that bad. I hope when they do a MP Cliffjumper that he will come with his connon blaster that he use in the first show where he and Hound when looking for Decepticons and he was going to fire on Megatron. But also he would have to come with something else to have the same price range as Bumblebee.

This is what I was talking about that I hope Cliffjumper will come with when they make a MP of him.

280126-cliffgun_zps6500a021.jpg

This is what I was talking about that I hope Cliffjumper will come with when they make a MP of him.

280126-cliffgun_zps6500a021.jpg

I am with ya on that one I just hope he can pose with it as well... Him taking a shot at megatron is IMO an iconic part of TF history