The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

You heard him folks. Keep your rumors and speculation to yourselves. We can only discuss OFFICIAL announcements and KNOWN figures in the Masterpiece line.

lol, that would trim this whole forum down by an easy 75%. fandom forums are for the purpose of speculating.

pretty cool, but not diggin the gold.

Me neither... I am buying it for the clear trailer...

Since my last purchase, I also have bought Tigertrack and Sideswipe. The latter was a gift for my brother for Christmas. He was pretty impressed by it, and his description of it was something like "This is what Transformers are supposed to look like. These are really quality figures and have convinced me that I might be in for a few more other than Smokescreen. Namely, Swagimus Prime (or Optimus Pimp, if you prefer) is looking pretty good to me, considering his lower price and that I haven't owned an Optimus Prime since I was a kid.

Both of my MP-12 versions are actually knock-offs, but I wouldn't have known until I looked it up. Still seems like a quality product to me- not at all what I'd imagine when I see the term "knock-off". Honestly, if these are released domestically by Hasbro, I think the 40 dollars I spent is about the right price point where more casual collectors like myself would still be on board (although I do cringe to think that they might charge the same for Bumblebee as they do for the larger cars).

As a side note, these figures convinced me to finally watch the last Michael Bay movie. Unfortunately, the movie convinced me to stick to the figures.

Sorry that I haven't post this yet been bizy with work but anyways last friday I got in the mail my MP Smokescreen here is a photo of him.

Dec272013013_zps60ee3e2b.jpg

I don't know how you guys will take it with the lastest news. Hasui will be leaving the MP Line after MP22 and move to TF Movie Line. He is responsible for MP-10 to MP22. The new MP designer is none other than the previous MP designer, Hironori Kobayashi who already did MP-1 to MP-9. Kobayshi will be handling MP23 upward. Me, I don't have any issue. Yes, Hasui was better but I would rather have Kobayshi back as oppose to some new dude.

I don't know how you guys will take it with the lastest news. Hasui will be leaving the MP Line after MP22 and move to TF Movie Line. He is responsible for MP-10 to MP22. The new MP designer is none other than the previous MP designer, Hironori Kobayashi who already did MP-1 to MP-9. Kobayshi will be handling MP23 upward. Me, I don't have any issue. Yes, Hasui was better but I would rather have Kobayshi back as oppose to some new dude.

Isn't he the same dude who won the hot dog eating contest?

I doubt a new designer will want to upset the apple cart much, so things will probably keep rolling along smoothly. Part of me does wish Hasui had gotten to Jazz though, just for consistency's sake. Unfortunately, his talents will now be wasted on me because I doubt I'll be buying many movie toys. =(

Yes, Hasui was better but I would rather have Kobayshi back as oppose to some new dude.

totally agree. will miss hasui for sure, but kobayshi is very competent.

Hasui and Kobayshi both came in around the same time and both are bigtime Transformers G1 fans, and they both have a big love of the characters and want to do this right.

Now that the line has been revamped, and then proven to be a huge success, with many of the MP-10 and higher toys going into second runs after selling out, and even inspiring some of the pre MP-10 toys to go into second runs, nobody is gonna change the way things are done now. We still have Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus (if the preorders prove true) to get through and those are by Hasui, and I suspect the direction of the line wont really change once we start seeing Kobayshi's new designs. It's gonna be a long wait, but I am pretty sure he'll do it right.

Right now I'm just dying to see actual pics of Wheeljack.

man, after looking at that smokescreen review...he may be one of my top favs to date. he looks really great! cant wait till it comes to tru. any idea on when we'll see him here in the states?

any idea on when we'll see him here in the states?

I heard all kinds of things people claimed Hasbro told them at Botcon.. some said they were told no, some claim they were advised to hold off on the Takara releases. So there's no solid info. I got all three because I believed they were worth the HLJ import price of under $60 after shipping.

any idea on when we'll see him here in the states?

I heard all kinds of things people claimed Hasbro told them at Botcon.. some said they were told no, some claim they were advised to hold off on the Takara releases. So there's no solid info. I got all three because I believed they were worth the HLJ import price of under $60 after shipping.

thanks for the input. i may opt to try and track a smokescreen down now rather than possibly miss out on the chance to own one later.

NICE! man, these guys do amazing sculpt work. they really are geniuses. i can't wait to see it with paints!!!

If I preorder it now.Will bbts take money out of my account like Matty does for the subscriptions?

No... BBTS wont charge until the item is available...

Sweet....I went ahead and preordered one

The other good thing is you can cancel without penalty as long as its still in preorder status...

If I preorder it now.Will bbts take money out of my account like Matty does for the subscriptions?

No... BBTS wont charge until the item is available...

Sweet....I went ahead and preordered one

The other good thing is you can cancel without penalty as long as its still in preorder status...

True...I have done that before but I never preordered anything before from there

Wheeljack looks amazing.

Haven't been this excited since I saw Soundwave's grey prototype back in 2012.

Really hyped, and a bit sad his date got pushed back, but that happens all the time. Kinda expected it.

We'll see what the deco looks like, and if we will likely get a set of stickers from Reprolabels to hit stuff like the Alitalia logos and such.

Looks amazing so far.