The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

I think the original release here was the battle damaged one which just made him look dirty in some spots. Then they re-released it as a clean version. May have had a 3rd release, but I can't recall.

I remember that one what a joke ... "felt marker" battle damage... a 5 year old could do better with some paint & a brush :S

great pics!!! man, i'm loving that prowl!!

anyone know or speculate if they will re-release MP10? i missed out on the first one and i really would like to get one :(

Takara might do a re-release but historically Hasbro has never done one...

i guess i'll just have to save/spend $300 to get one @grumpy@

anyone know or speculate if they will re-release MP10? i missed out on the first one and i really would like to get one :(

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-10-optimus-prime/ now with a figure stand.

I gave my mp10 the mp01 2nd release that came with the talking stand

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379801_442902945826776_863452247_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1380055_442902952493442_103863182_n.jpg

Here's the Prowl that came recently with Sideswipe.Both look really cool, no major paint issues, scratches, nor joint problems. Both face sculpts were amazing with diecast body parts. Still good deals for forty bucks each. Im not promoting though, just wanna give a feedback on these items..

Prowl's helmet at the edges where his cheeks would be, have rough white painting on it though, especially the left, right's almost negligible. Overall, still ok. No major problems so far, perhaps I guess with some differences with the original, they say Lambor's eyes on the real one was squinted, compared to this one-which has more of the Sideswipe look based on the cartoons. But I guess that's it.

Thanks for the pics and feedback. Do you think your Prowl is genuine? I'd be surprised if they managed to KO him so quickly, but it wouldn't be unheard of.

thanks man. both the Prowl and Sideswipe are awesome, I have a pal who has an original Sideswipe, and I didnt see any much difference even the feel of the plastic between the two, theyre nearly identical, we could

have interchanged figures if not for differences of the Sideswipe eyes.

on car mode, they say, its where the KO loses its touch, but Im not much bothered with it, well youve seen the pic, it doesnt have the wide gaps between the attachment creases that most people talk about, and those are really tight to pull apart when I was transforming him.

https://scontent-b-o...863452247_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-o...103863182_n.jpg

Here's the Prowl that came recently with Sideswipe.Both look really cool, no major paint issues, scratches, nor joint problems. Both face sculpts were amazing with diecast body parts. Still good deals for forty bucks each. Im not promoting though, just wanna give a feedback on these items..

Prowl's helmet at the edges where his cheeks would be, have rough white painting on it though, especially the left, right's almost negligible. Overall, still ok. No major problems so far, perhaps I guess with some differences with the original, they say Lambor's eyes on the real one was squinted, compared to this one-which has more of the Sideswipe look based on the cartoons. But I guess that's it.

Thanks for the pics and feedback. Do you think your Prowl is genuine? I'd be surprised if they managed to KO him so quickly, but it wouldn't be unheard of.

Im not really sure man, and not that I dont care, but Im not really bothered with it being KO or original. I mean I have the Original Soundwave, Thunder Cracker and SkyWarp Masterpiece, they dont present any different feel compared to my Prowl and Sideswipe. Im guessing it is KO, considering the price. Both are awesome though.

They say the Tigertrack presents the worst faulty details, I'll post him in car and robot mode when he arrives, I guess he's still crossing the Pacific. lol.

I would still advise anyone to get the Original Prowl from our local traders since he's a new release, it just so happened when I was purchasing Sideswipe online, I stumbled on the Prowl offer, so I grabbed both.

What are the chances the rest of the Dinobots get released as Masterpiece? Its frustrating that on some Transformers line, only a Grimlock is issued. I still have my Dinobots from the 80s, but he just doesn't fit in.. Hope they'd have a release as masterpiece.

Good question. Where do you think the Dinobots fit in? The bigger MP line is the only place they could really be in scale with Grimlock, but TakaraTomy only releases one new MP about every 2 years (not counting repaints/re-releases). The Dinobots would tie up development for quite some time if they decided to complete the team. Plus, up until this point, the main MP line has been reserved for high ranking characters such as Convoy and Ultra Magnus. Grimlock being the Dinobot commander fits in here as well.

On the other hand, the smaller MP line has proven itself successful releasing 2nd tier type characters at a fairly rapid rate, but released here, the Dinobots definitely wouldn't be in scale with Grimlock (except maybe Swoop), and this would pretty much defeat the purpose of releasing them for many people.

Never say never, but I have a feeling 3rd party might get around to completing the team in MP-style before Masterpiece does.

I think Grimlock would be perfect if they got his scale correct, he's the only one not perfectly inscale, he should be a lot bigger. His dinosaur mode looks weird standing next to everyone else.

I know MP Bluestreak is coming out this month but does anyone know what day. Like with Prowl they said he was out on Sept. 28th I believe so was there a day that Bluestreak was said to be out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my MP Bluestreak today from BBTS. I didn't really had any trouble transforming him from car to robot but I did a little bit back into car with his legs. They wouldn't go in all the way. Anyways here are some photos of MP Bluestreak along with my G1 Bluestreak.

GEDC0720_zpsa03a6ddf.jpg

GEDC0722_zps67296b4f.jpg

GEDC0723_zps226efdbf.jpg

The reason I got Bluestreak is because he was my very first Transformer that I ever got when he came out in 84 so I had to get this MP Bluestreak. I didn't own Prowl so that is another reason why I didn't get him also that they kill him off in the 86 movie and I go by the cartoon/movie ways of my Transformers that I get. If they've been kill off I will not get anything from that character or if they where reform-mated then I will not get there old form but go with there new looks. This only goes for the G1 Transformers.

Y'know, I don't do repaints or re-decos, in TF or any line. Just one of any sculpt, thanks.

I've made my choice with Prowl, he is awesome, but all the pics of the Streak here really are tempting.

Hey Strange, I don't know if it would make any difference to you, but the Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen, and Bluestreak all have different head molds. I love all three of them, I just can't afford Masterpiece figures right now.