The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

from: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/toyworld-prototype-images-of-tw-h02-brainstorm-tw-t03-throttlebot-3-and-tw-02-idw-optimus-prime-177395/

"ToyWorld have updated their website with images of prototypes of not one, not two but three new upcoming releases. First up is their TW-H02 "Brainstorm" Headmaster, a follow-on to their Hardbone. Next is TW-02, the partner piece to their first release Hegemon, based on IDW's version of Optimus Prime. Lastly images of TW-T03 have been posted. That one is thought to be an unofficial version of the red Throttlebot, Chase."

this is just a 3rd party figure not a future hastak mp

Thanks for the clarification redrum. It looks like an MP. I'm sorry if I misled anyone.

ultramagnus I am sure will happen at some point didn't the designer say it was one of his favorite toys as a kid?.

from: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/toyworld-prototype-images-of-tw-h02-brainstorm-tw-t03-throttlebot-3-and-tw-02-idw-optimus-prime-177395/

"ToyWorld have updated their website with images of prototypes of not one, not two but three new upcoming releases. First up is their TW-H02 "Brainstorm" Headmaster, a follow-on to their Hardbone. Next is TW-02, the partner piece to their first release Hegemon, based on IDW's version of Optimus Prime. Lastly images of TW-T03 have been posted. That one is thought to be an unofficial version of the red Throttlebot, Chase."

this is just a 3rd party figure not a future hastak mp

Thanks for the clarification redrum. It looks like an MP. I'm sorry if I misled anyone.

no prob, i'm big on the 3rd party stuff so I knew it when I saw it, I've begged several times to get this thread and the 3rd party thread stickied lol though both threads have been very quiet recently and probably will til soundwave is released or a new mp is revealed and until both predakings and meansor is complete

• 1 month later...

I've just read about the amazon.co.jp exclusive shoulder launchers for Prowl and Bluestreak, and how only one launcher is packaged with each figure, encouraging people to buy both.

-But-

Does anyone know if the launchers are designed for left and right sides of the head, or if I were to get two Bluestreaks will I be able to affix each launcher to either side of his head?

I'm not a member of any Transformers forum where this is being discussed in more detail, so I thought I'd try here. Figured some of you might frequent those forums where this may have come up.

Thanks

I've just read about the amazon.co.jp exclusive shoulder launchers for Prowl and Bluestreak, and how only one launcher is packaged with each figure, encouraging people to buy both.

-But-

Does anyone know if the launchers are designed for left and right sides of the head, or if I were to get two Bluestreaks will I be able to affix each launcher to either side of his head?

I'm not a member of any Transformers forum where this is being discussed in more detail, so I thought I'd try here. Figured some of you might frequent those forums where this may have come up.

Thanks

Not sure, but it would make sense to have them swappable otherwise what would be the point of getting two? I would also think it likely since they would only have to produce one kind of launcher instead of two; two unique launchers would make little financial sense when you could just produce one.

He looks great from what I see. I'm going to wait a little bit before I do my per-order for him. I also need to get the money first before I can do the per-order.

I have never liked bluestreaks or smokescreens guns .... & bulking & out right ugly looking imo its one thing I wish they would have taken a bit more creativity on with these ... Though bluestreaks shoulder cannons I do not actually mind ...

Just wonder how much Soundwave is going to be. I already have $100 safe up for him.

hasbro said it was going to be $100 so if you have $100 saved up for him you should be good ... maybe set aside an extra $100 if you can just to be on the safe side though say it winds up being $130 ish plus you also got taxes & what not that is presuming you are planning on finding it at tru & not buying it online someplace or from a lcs if you are expect it to be more than $100 for sure

Yeah well anyway I do work at a TRU and I may get it a little cheaper with my Discount card. I was thinking of saving about $20 more to be on the safe side. Cause I remember when Prime came out he was going to go for 100 but by the time he came out it when up to 119. So thanks on the info of the price range.

never noticed it but the legs on all of them look like they are taking a wide pose ... is that as straight as they can go I wonder ?.. cause now that I notice it looks rather funny I think I'd have to display them all in car mode @loll@

I already have plans to have Bluestreak in robot mode and Smokescreen in car mode. From the MP figures I have right none of them are in there car or dinosaure or tape form there all in robot mode. I need some in there other forms.

Wow. The toon head does not look good.

I see where you're coming from, but I like it, especially now that I've gotten used to it. Not as slick as Prowl's and Streak's maybe, but it's toon accurate. I mean, what can ya do? Plus he compensates by having the most awesome car mode of the 3. B)

Wow. The toon head does not look good.

I see where you're coming from, but I like it, especially now that I've gotten used to it. Not as slick as Prowl's and Streak's maybe, but it's toon accurate. I mean, what can ya do? Plus he compensates by having the most awesome car mode of the 3. B)

Yeah I never liked that face in the middle of a brick look for his toon counterpart. I might just take my spare Alternator Smokescreen and do a head swap.

The additions to Smokescreen look pretty cool, and I like the extra bulk it gives him.

I still like Prowl the best though, and I only need one of any given mold.* I didn't know about his shoulder cannons being an Amazon.jp exclusive. I hope some enterprising 3rd party makes cool shoulder cannon snap-ons for Prowl - those little things I've been seeing on him and Bluestreak are not very exciting.

*plus, I really really like the Binaltech Smokescreen. A lot. Cartoon accuracy be damned.

Only Bluestreak and Smokescreen I'm getting. Have the money and per-order already for Bluestreak but have to wait to get the money for Smokescreen before I can do a per-order for him.