The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

He was blue in the cartoon & the comic as well.

research is your friend :P

your only 1/2 right.

he was blue in the cartoon, but not in the comic.

and the comic came before the cartoon as well.

now they did use "shades of blue" to depict the color of black metal and or hair [as seen on old Superman and Huntress pics.]

Its how things were dont in the 80's.You'll see Skywarp was done the same way.

Rumble_zpscd253808.png

Frenzy_zpsd74c9d58.png

Frenzyhahaha.jpg

skywarp.jpg

dc-super-stars-17.jpg

No the cartoon came before the comics. I remember seeing the first TF comic about 3 months after the cartton came out. Yes the first 3 issuse had the Transformers look like the toys but in issue 4 they started to look like the cartoon. Like I said I go by the cartoon only to me it has more life then the comics or the toys so that is where I go with Rumble Blue,Frenzy Red, Skyfire over Jetfire and that Wheeljack,Windcharager are dead.

No the cartoon came before the comics. I remember seeing the first TF comic about 3 months after the cartton came out. Yes the first 3 issuse had the Transformers look like the toys but in issue 4 they started to look like the cartoon. Like I said I go by the cartoon only to me it has more life then the comics or the toys so that is where I go with Rumble Blue,Frenzy Red, Skyfire over Jetfire and that Wheeljack,Windcharager are dead.

As much I want to agree with you after all to me, Rumble will always be blue, but the Comic actually came first. The comic was first released on May 1984 (the cover date stated Sept.1984) while the cartoon was first aired on Sept. 1984:

"The Transformers"

Publisher Marvel Comics

First published May 8, 1984

Cover date September 1984

Plot Bill Mantlo

Script Ralph Macchio

Pencils Frank Springer

Inks Kim DeMulder

Colors Nelson Yomtov

Lettering Michael Higgins, Rick Parker

Editor Bob Budiansky

Continuity Marvel Comics continuity

Packaged with Optimus Prime

Source: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers_%28issue%29

Man, the Superman art sure reminds me of the 80s.

Not sure what the DC comic Secret Origin had to do with TF or Thundercracker had to do RIBFIR, debate, lol.

Sorry but you are completly incorrect

Marvels Transformers number 1 was first published/released on May 8, 1984

The first cartoon aired September 17, 1984

So, unless you lived outside the US , your memory is faulty.

Even the first transformers tv add was for the comic.March/April of 1984

and really, I cant believe there are any TF fans left that dont know the comics csame first...........and I'm shocked you wouldnt do some basic research to see it you were correct before posting false info.

If you want to go by the cartoon only thats fine, but its not how they originally were presented to the public.

The toys came first

The comics came next.

And the guy that named the toys wrote the comic

The cartoon was last and had the color error

originally Rumble red,Frenzy blue,

Wheeljack,Windcharager were never confirmed dead in the narrative. @loll@

So with the release of mp soundwave and smokescreen announced we now have the faces of the transformers autobot/decepticon symbols

G1 Smokescreen? How does his face look like the Autobot logo?

What AA said and trying to just take the discussion else where because the mp and 3rd party are pretty much the only threads i post in and i don't want them locked, personally as long as they've been going on I think its time they both got stickied since both have grown well beyond the simple threads

The thread was not in danger of being locked. ;)

But thanks for getting it back on topic.

no problem

did we ever get a final price and date on us mp soundwave or still just the $100-120 estimate?

Its probably going to be $100 initially and rises to $120 like MP Optimus...

Either way it'll be cheaper than import

I just hope its not going to be a pain in the butt to get ahold of. I can't get to TRU when they open because of work. I may need tome assistance in getting this one. TRU in my area did a terrible job with the MP Prime. They were slow to get them in and our Area has been always been plagued with getting stuff late. The employees at our TRU are usually clueless when it comes to their own exclusives.

Man why is Hasbro having Soundwave with Yellow eyes and not red. I like his red eyes better hope they change the color before it comes out later in the year.

Man why is Hasbro having Soundwave with Yellow eyes and not red. I like his red eyes better hope they change the color before it comes out later in the year.

Probably to convince people like me to buy both...

I'll still get him but I was hoping he had his red eyes. This is the one reason why I got Tarka's verison of Red ALert cause if and when Hasbro does do Red Alert they will have him with a black head and not his red. Well I still will get him.