The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Hey, PlayItLoud. Make sure you inspect Rodimus carefully; the US release has a fairly common problem with the arm(s) breaking off at the shoulder due to a defect.

Thanks Crow. I'll make sure to check it when I drop by my friend's place this weekend.

The TRU near me has been consistently getting 2 MP Primes for 3 weeks now, but sadly I still didn't get one today since I came in around 930am today 3 peeps way ahead of me they told me they were there at 830a 2 of them got 2 that came today. Being a nice guy since the 20% coupon expires Monday I gave it to one of them. Also saw TF Generations Wheelie, Springer and Swerve but I pass since I want to stick to MP and Prime lines.

But before I left the store I saw the 2 managers that already knows me (how could they not I'm always there every week) and they know I've been trying to hunt MP Optimus so they track a store that has a lot in stock and they were able to do a phone order for me store was from another state and here's hoping I get it delivered next week, shipping was free. I just checked my acct and I had been charged by the out of state store for 106.99 if it works cool if not I trust the managers in our TRU to get me my money back.

They didn't let you use the coupon?...

They didn't but at that point I was like what the heck just let this order go thru. Plus I'll be late for work LOL.

I'm not sure myself. My work still hasn't got anymore in send that one time and I have notes on our computer he isn't listed yet either so I have no idea how we got that one case 3 weeks ago when he isn't showing up on the computers. I have been checking on him every time I work and nothing other then Thundercracker.

I was at my TRU a littlw while ago and now I notice the shelf tag for the MP Optimus has been removed.Can someone who works for TRU explain this to me?

They may have removed it because they didn't currently have any in stock. It's NOT a sign of them not getting any more.

I was at my TRU a littlw while ago and now I notice the shelf tag for the MP Optimus has been removed.Can someone who works for TRU explain this to me?

They may have removed it because they didn't currently have any in stock. It's NOT a sign of them not getting any more.

Last week my TRU took down the label but when I was in there a few days ago it was back up

Well TRU came thru for me. The store to store order was a success.....

Optimus is in the house (literally)

DSC_1162_zps26527d18.jpg

I would watch that review, but opti-whatever is not a good reviewer, and also kind of a dick.

Other than peaugh, I also watch TJ Duckett for TF reviews just discovered him since I think he was the first to review TRU MP Prime.

funny, just yesterday i stated i couldnt find prime. well i stopped by my local TRU and low and behold they had ONE sitting at the customer service desk. so i grabbed it (asked if it belonged to anyone first) and leo and donnie TMNT classic figures and put them on lay-a-way :D that prime is a great looking set. the packaging is sweet and it comes with all sorts of great acessories that i wasnt aware of. up until i saw it in the store, the only pics i've seen were figure only.

funny, just yesterday i stated i couldnt find prime. well i stopped by my local TRU and low and behold they had ONE sitting at the customer service desk. so i grabbed it (asked if it belonged to anyone first) and leo and donnie TMNT classic figures and put them on lay-a-way :D that prime is a great looking set. the packaging is sweet and it comes with all sorts of great acessories that i wasnt aware of. up until i saw it in the store, the only pics i've seen were figure only.

Don't you love that feeling when you find the thing you want? Its like your on cloud nine and can't wait to get home to open it

Don't you love that feeling when you find the thing you want? Its like your on cloud nine and can't wait to get home to open it

yeah, it felt good. though, i wont actually pay off the layaway until just before Christmas. i havent bought a TF in...well, years. the only other one i plan to get is mp soundwave.

yeah, it felt good. though, i wont actually pay off the layaway until just before Christmas. i havent bought a TF in...well, years. the only other one i plan to get is mp soundwave.

I'm going to wait and hopefully TRU will get that next year

haha yup it's like some wonderful legal high but my problem is I get it home and then don't want to open it, some of the boxes designs are koolio when disthplayed (sid the sloth voice) in an awesome manner......I hope to at least see MP Prime, were swimming in Thundercrackers down here.......I'm keeping my eyes open at Ross I bet when TRU gets sick of Thundercrackers clogging the shelves well see them sweeping the floors at Ross and various other Ross-like stores.....

Hello everybody! So I recently started collecting transformers again and I'm really LOVING the masterpiece figures. This thread is really long, but I was just wondering, if its ever come up in the past, the idea of putting the MP figures in the old style 1980s packaging. You know, the same way that hasbro did with the 25 anniversary GI Joes. I wrote a letter to hasbro to see what their thought on that was. I received a pretty generic response. And I'm sure other people have thought about it too. But man could you imagine walking into a store and seeing all these masterpiece figures being sold in those 1980s style boxes just like when you were a kid? A shelf filled with sideswipes, grimlocks, red alerts. Under that shelf Optimus prime, megatron, and soundwave, starscream, etc... THAT WOULD ROCK!!!! Wouldn't it!?

Hello everybody! So I recently started collecting transformers again and I'm really LOVING the masterpiece figures. This thread is really long, but I was just wondering, if its ever come up in the past, the idea of putting the MP figures in the old style 1980s packaging. You know, the same way that hasbro did with the 25 anniversary GI Joes. I wrote a letter to hasbro to see what their thought on that was. I received a pretty generic response. And I'm sure other people have thought about it too. But man could you imagine walking into a store and seeing all these masterpiece figures being sold in those 1980s style boxes just like when you were a kid? A shelf filled with sideswipes, grimlocks, red alerts. Under that shelf Optimus prime, megatron, and soundwave, starscream, etc... THAT WOULD ROCK!!!! Wouldn't it!?

I would love to see that

I wish they did that now with the current lines also

TRU MP Prime has increased to 119.99 in my area TRU. just saw the price tag on the shelf but no MP Prime today.