The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

Also who knows Hasbro may do more then Laserbeak. They may do Ravage or even have Buzzsaw with Soundwave. I'm glad that I haven't put any pre-orders in for any of them just yet. I want to see the full colors to them and wait till the full price is set in stone before I can make up my mine of who I want to get.

The Hasbro version will probably come out with Ravage.

Anywho, a little off topic but still Masterpiece related. I'm I crazy for wanting to pick the Takara version of MP-10 Prime? I still haven't bought one yet and i know Hasbro's will be around $100. I want to wait till a side by side comparison on YouTube to make my final decision. For now I still prefer the Takara version because of the paint job. I enjoy the darker hues to Hasbro's brighter colors. I know its a $150 difference but i don't want the price to be the end all say all. I just want the perfect Ultimate Prime. I won't care about the extra $150 years from now.

Also who knows Hasbro may do more then Laserbeak. They may do Ravage or even have Buzzsaw with Soundwave. I'm glad that I haven't put any pre-orders in for any of them just yet. I want to see the full colors to them and wait till the full price is set in stone before I can make up my mine of who I want to get.

That is why I preorder from BBTS... They allow cancellation...

The Hasbro version will probably come out with Ravage.

Anywho, a little off topic but still Masterpiece related. I'm I crazy for wanting to pick the Takara version of MP-10 Prime? I still haven't bought one yet and i know Hasbro's will be around $100. I want to wait till a side by side comparison on YouTube to make my final decision. For now I still prefer the Takara version because of the paint job. I enjoy the darker hues to Hasbro's brighter colors. I know its a $150 difference but i don't want the price to be the end all say all. I just want the perfect Ultimate Prime. I won't care about the extra $150 years from now.

I am going with the Hasbro version... The price difference is way too much...

There is a second run of the Takara version coming later this year, so there should be some available if you really want to wait and see comparisons.

Why are they doing another run for? It's not like they sold out? I doubt it...unless they are doing a battle damage version?? I'll pass on that...or unless they are doing and fixing some issues they didn't like just like with Rodimus?? The only thing i didn't like about this figure were his legs (where the tires are).

Yeah i can understand why people would wait for the Hasbro, that's what i originally planned on doing. I'm still torn. I don't want the price to be the ultimate factor, i just want the best prime period!

Why are they doing another run for? It's not like they sold out?

Do you mean from places like BBTS, etc? Those don't really count since Takara mainly manufactures for domestic Japanese release. The question is, are they sold out in Japan?

I may also be incorrect about the re-release as I can't find the listing for it that I saw before.

No Ravage bugs me. I was hoping MP-13 would come with 2 cassettes. I agree with khamla that a Hasbro version would likely include Ravage as a little incentive, similar to MP Hot Rod's Targetmaster. I'm such a Soundwave fiend that I really want to order Takara's since it's coming first, but now I dunno.

And hey, you guys are talking about Hasbro releasing MP-10... is this just rhetorical discussion? Or have they actually mentioned that it's getting a North American release?

No Ravage bugs me. I was hoping MP-13 would come with 2 cassettes. I agree with khamla that a Hasbro version would likely include Ravage as a little incentive, similar to MP Hot Rod's Targetmaster. I'm such a Soundwave fiend that I really want to order Takara's since it's coming first, but now I dunno.

And hey, you guys are talking about Hasbro releasing MP-10... is this just rhetorical discussion? Or have they actually mentioned that it's getting a North American release?

Yes Hasbro is releasing MP-10. The colors are brighter, the headlights on his chest are colored in and the trailer is included. Roller is Blue instead of Silver. Price will probably be around $100.

Color MP-12 Sideswipe pics: http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/shopdetail/002013000010/

I really like how he turned out and I may jump the gun and get the Takara one.. we shall see.

They showed him in package at Botcon.

DSCF1307.JPG?gl=US

DSCF1306.JPG?gl=US

I couldn't wait anymore, i went ahead and bought Takara's MP Prime :P

It's ok, i've only bought Takara's MPs. Right now i have MP 1 Prime, Megatron, Grimlock and Takara V1 Rodimus and now this.

The only good news I have to share is I did use a $100 gift card from Amazon so it saved me a bunch.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-takara-transformers/17766/news.html

First look at Soundwave... It looks like Amazon Japan is getting energon cubes as exclusives...

I have read he is just getting *extra* energon cubes.

It's safe to say that Hasbro and Takara knocked it out of the park with Soundwave.

I may have to find my mp megatron & attempt to finish transforming it now .. or at least put it back to robot mode ... @loll@

MP Sideswipe looks pretty good. :)

#US1#

I agree but it's sad that Amazon JP is the only place you can get Sideswipe's Jackhammer. I hope Hasbro brings the jackhammer out. I had plans for his jackhammer of how I wanted him to be pose.

Sorry but who here was really planning on displaying him with those hmm?.. I bet you didn't even think of them until you read about the exclusive @firedevil@

No I have though they where the other ones that they show him with until someone said that the others where his rock crusher when he and Brawn where pounding there headquoters when they first saw the bones of the dinosaurs. I've been planing in my mine on how I want to displace him when I get Sideswipe if it's from Tarka or from Hasbro. There has been about 3 or 4 ideals that I've been thinking to do with him. So when I saw his jackhammer I figure that be a good pose to do with him but now I got to go back to squre one and figure how I would have Sideswipe.