The Masterpiece Thread

Agent Adam

I would love to see a MP Cyclonus.

Me too, for sure. And Scourge. Though I suppose Galvatron would have to logically come first. The season 3 Cons had great character designs.

Interesting thought on the Sideswipe mold being used for Breakdown. I don't think the non-combining thing would hold TakaraTomy back. Like Doom Saber says, it hasn't stopped them before. They were willing to release a white Optimus Prime and call it Masterpiece Ultra Magnus. Whatever they can get away with. :P

• Like 1

Me too, for sure. And Scourge. Though I suppose Galvatron would have to logically come first. The season 3 Cons had great character designs.

Interesting thought on the Sideswipe mold being used for Breakdown. I don't think the non-combining thing would hold TakaraTomy back. Like Doom Saber says, it hasn't stopped them before. They were willing to release a white Optimus Prime and call it Masterpiece Ultra Magnus. Whatever they can get away with. :P

Well, G1 Ultra Magnus was a WHITE Optimus with out the trailer armor.

That was a good excuse for cheapness. That doesn't make it right.

true

true

Didnt they make it official in one of the comics?...

true

Again, that still doesn't make it right. That happened in the Transformers comic book from Dreamwave, not exactly the best place to get official Transformers canon. Pat Lee's excuse was the G1 toy, but Ultra Magnus was never just a white Optimus Prime in the cartoon.

I hope Sideswipe will not be that much I really want to get him but if he comes out to be over $110 then no way I will be able to get him. Even at $110 is to much I can go for $60 or even $90 but anymore then 110 is way to much for me for a MP Sideswipe's size.

true

Yes, Dreamwave.

Again, that still doesn't make it right. That happened in the Transformers comic book from Dreamwave, not exactly the best place to get official Transformers canon. Pat Lee's excuse was the G1 toy, but Ultra Magnus was never just a white Optimus Prime in the cartoon.

Are you trying to suggest that the G1 cartoon, with all of the character inconsistencies, is a higher source of official Transformers canon?

Sorry buddy but that would be a fail.

The Dreamwave comics , althou a different continuity from the G1 toon,are indeed "official Transformers canon", anything approved from Hasbro is.The G1 cartoon may predate Dreamwave, but its not the ORIGINAL source of TF canon, nor does it superseded Dreamwave,IDW or any other continuities that have aired or been published.The G1 cartoon got a hell of a lot wrong/or deviated from the intended course set by the first and original source of canon for TF fiction............the Tech specs.

• Like 1

I hope Sideswipe will not be that much I really want to get him but if he comes out to be over $110 then no way I will be able to get him. Even at $110 is to much I can go for $60 or even $90 but anymore then 110 is way to much for me for a MP Sideswipe's size.

Lets hope we get a Hasbro version... There is no way Takara will be in that price range...

Lets hope we get a Hasbro version... There is no way Takara will be in that price range...

At this point I'd be glad to hear news about any MP from Hasbro.

what new optimus ?.. Link/pics ? :) & wow @ that price... rodimus was bad enough but honestly I may just skip this entire line if they are all priced that high from now on

way to much definate pass

Don't forget for another $2 you can upgrade to a collector's grade! @smilepunch@

BBTS gets me every time... I might as well pay the $2 for a minty box until I realized I just spent and extra $10 on 5 figures...

way to much definate pass

Don't forget for another $2 you can upgrade to a collector's grade! @smilepunch@

plus 12.50 for shipping :P

It's dumb, Prime is $250 so why is any other future MP cost more than him? I hope Hasbro doesn't change much if they release this. Keep the paint job the same, just don't have the trailer come with it and keep it under $100.

That price on Sunstorm is a joke! MP10 was already steep, I just can't see how Sunstorm goes over 200. Easily pass for me. MP11 Screamer and hopefully TC and SW to come would be enough for me. I don't a forth one.

As for MP12, he's better be shorter than MP Hot Rod and that price better be less than 100.

It's dumb, Prime is $250 so why is any other future MP cost more than him? I hope Hasbro doesn't change much if they release this. Keep the paint job the same, just don't have the trailer come with it and keep it under $100.

Sunstorm is a japanese Amazon exclusive, hence the price - BBTS is known to charge an arm or a leg for exclusives.