DCU Allstars Changes

spidermanskrull

Maybe removing Flash is a good thing. They need to go back to the original design anyway, the updated Flash is horrible and goofy.

I am not a fan of the new DCU but I am digging these designs and outfits. I am really anticipating these figs. Even the Alfred E Newman Supes doesn't rattle me too much, but I do admit I hope we get a more definative version for the DCUC line. The standard one we have doesn't look enough like Supes to me.

With or without Flash, that is a huge beginning line-up. Superman, Superboy, Batman and Robin.

• Like 1

A double jointed Bats is like the Holy Grail. They make it and you never have to buy another Bats ever again, and that's bad for business.

Yeah tell me about it. But if it was just a new 52 Bats I would still buy a Batman Inc or any other double jointed Bats.

Wave 1... read carefully this is the ONLY wave. Its being reported ALL Stars are cancelled and this is the only assortment. This is the next to last nail in DCUC coffin imo!

Draven

Maybe, just maybe, hear me out here, I know this is a crazy idea, but perhaps Matty listened for once and realized that we do not want to buy a bunch of repainted DCSH figures (Steel, Batgirl, Supergirl), a figure that no one would ask for (FP Plastic Man), a rerelease of a DCUC figure that may or may not have accessories (Batman Beyond). If we do see a wave 2, I bet we do see the Flash and Hawkman figures that were previously announced, as well as Larfleeze ( if they don't move him to the sub).

Do you think the people from Mattel just sit around the office saying how can we put the screws to the DC fans today??@smilepunch@

• Like 1

I think Mattel is probably ticked at WB/DC.

They were like "Marvel put out THREE awesome comic movies last year, and you morons pooped out one of the top five crappiest movies of ALL TIME. Our faith in your product is...diminished to say the least. We kinda wish we'd gone after the Marvel License in hindsight.

Oh, and the retailers didn't order anything after NYToyFair"

Wave 1... read carefully this is the ONLY wave. Its being reported ALL Stars are cancelled and this is the only assortment. This is the next to last nail in DCUC coffin imo!

Draven

That is NOT confirmed. All we know for sure is Wave 1 has been changed. And I for one am not surprised. In all the years I've been collecting, the original Wave 1 was the weakest Wave I have EVER seen. Even worse, this was their opening act!

I'm sure All-Stars hasn't been cancelled.

Then again, if it has, would anybody be surprised?

Either way... Welcome to Mattyville.

Well considering BBTS and other etailers are saying all future waves and figs are cancelled and comic stores getting same info from diamond I think its pretty close to being confirmed. @loll@

Draven

i wanted these four anyway so i ordered them again. i can understand retailers to. batman beyond again? supergirl again? hawkman again? who is plastic man? another lantern? it doesnt really suprises me. well nothing really suprises me with mattel lately. i doubt that flash and larfleeze are cancelled. they will show up anyway. in the sub or in 2-packs.

I'm in the minority, too, but because I liked that Flash. I like his updated look a lot. I think it's the best of the new 52 (Superman looks awful without the trunks, and Batman looks a little less cool than he used to).

I think this Superboy is awful and ridiculous looking. I would have taken him out for The Flash, but if they plan on future waves, they can't put all the big guns in the first wave.

As for the status of the line, who knows what Mattel is thinking. The original Wave 1 was just awful, so it's good they reworked it. And we don't need anymore repaint or non-repainted DCSH, especially not Supergirl, which is the worst DCUC or DCSH figure ever made. But if they're not planning more waves, that's a bummer for New 52 fans and regular DC fans alike.

With Mattel and silence I tend to believe etailers are right. I'm sorry but why would anyone be optimistic about the worst major toy company ever.... they kill every boys action figure line they touch! @loll@ If its not Barbie or Hot Wheels or Monster High they have no fing clue!

Draven

The most likely reason is that the pre-orders from retailers are very poor so Mattel had to change the line up to a stronger and safer Superman and Batman along with somewhat recognizable characters like Superman Prime and Red Robin.

I actually like the new line up now. I am so tired of Mattel's half ass repaints and re-releases. If you are making an evil Supergirl, at least give us a new headsculpt with an evil grin or a more menacing expression. Flash will be in a future waves for sure so I'm not too worried about not being able to get him yet.