Let's paint the town COBRA in NYC

Violentfix

Hello, everyone.

Hopefully there are a number of you that remember me. I used to be very heavily involved in the online Joe community, but with work and family taking its toll, I bowed out for some time.

That time is over.

I live in NYC and love G.I. Joe to this day. I’m sure that there are many Joe collectors and enthusiasts in this town. So I had this thought to invite some old collectors to hang out in the near future… then when I really thought about it, I realized that what I really wanted was to get to know today’s Joe community.

What better way to do this than hit a local bar and TAKE OVER! If you live in New York, New Jersey… hell, anywhere that a car, train or bus can get you into NYC, then I propose that we hang out… ALL OF US!

The Place: Foley’s (located at 18 West 33rd Street)

The Day: April 21st

The Time: 5:00 PM (Starting at 5PM and going till we can’t go any further)

I really hope that everyone will consider coming. I’m hoping to show NYC just how alive G.I. Joe is… and make some new friends at the same time.

If anyone is interested in who I am and how I used to contribute to the G.I. Joe community, just check out my website… Cobra: The Inner Sanctum

I apologize if this post should have been placed in another part of the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

LOl Violentfix it looks like we are both making a comeback! I got divorced so my funds for GIJoe went away, and to be honest I got burnt out with the GIJoe online community(not offense to you guys) but now I want to get back to the GIJoe world! I would love to go to NYC for your party but saving money for JoeCon New Orleans which I hope to see you at. Is your phone number still the same?

LOl Violentfix it looks like we are both making a comeback! I got divorced so my funds for GIJoe went away, and to be honest I got burnt out with the GIJoe online community(not offense to you guys) but now I want to get back to the GIJoe world! I would love to go to NYC for your party but saving money for JoeCon New Orleans which I hope to see you at. Is your phone number still the same?

Does the one you have end in 3322?

Good to hear you're coming back. It's rough balancing life and Joe. For me it has been mostly due to the job.

As for anyone that can make it, I just want to remind you all that this is definitely happening. If you're interested, please plan for it and clear your schedule on the 21st. It will be a blast.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you're back - we gonna start seeing more dio-stories then? :)

THat's like the number one thing I've been asked over the last two months. What I will say is that I have picked up the camera again and Joes are what I'm shooting, but i can't promise anything.

I got burnt out with the GIJoe online community(not offense to you guys)

Glad your both back!

Don't feel bad nov I have felt the same way many times. Although this place is the largest home of discussions, at least it's more civil and less... insane than other boards. Each has it's pros and cons and there is no one perfect place and as a whole we have developed a bad reputation.