G.I. Joe: Retaliation Roadblock & Beachhead (Ninja Showdown 3-Pack) In-Hand Look

The Wire

Why does he have the Arashikage tattoo?... Is this an excuse to include The Rock figure in this set by making him a ninja?...

sadly it's been confirmed that Roadblock recieves ninja commando training from snake-eyes and using "Gun-Kata" which is a quick switch between close fighting with knifes and short range with pistols.

Overall Beachead disapointments me the most, why so light? They really seemed to drop the ball on coloring this set. White roadblock? Medical scrub green kamakura? and this light mustard beachead?

This ultimate se mold really needs to hit stores in a good olive drab (preferably single pack) and watch it fly off shelf's (original 13 of course! but also so much more!)

I am guessing he becomes a badass ninja with one session of training...

And he also becomes white!

I'm good on Beachhead figures. Between the 25th version, the two pack version with swappable heads, the Resolute version, and the POC version, there is a Beachhead for pretty much anyone. This one is cool but not needed.

I'll end up getting the set for custom fodder,

RB = Major Barrage w/ head swap

BH = idk I'll have to think, but he'll be getting some paint

K = some part swapping and some paint and he'll be good to go

I am guessing he becomes a badass ninja with one session of training...

And he also becomes white!

That's the toy company mentality for ya. Heaven forbid a black guy be the main character. Anyone else notice that Static Shock never got a toy line despite its good ratings? >>

That's the toy company mentality for ya. Heaven forbid a black guy be the main character. Anyone else notice that Static Shock never got a toy line despite its good ratings? >>

I'm not gonna read too much into it. If all Roadblock figures were inexplicably white, I'd be POed. Just write it off as an odd choice for now.

I'm actually very excited to get a Rock GI Joe (not THIS one), and Bruce Willis for that matter. To me this is right up there with Sgt. Slaughter and the Fridge from back in the day. I know they're not PLAYING themselves, but it's still neat, I think.

Why does he have the Arashikage tattoo?... Is this an excuse to include The Rock figure in this set by making him a ninja?...

Nah...they just gave him the honorary member/commemorative t-shirt. (lol)

I love this set. I do wish Roadblock's skin tone was more accurate and Beachhead's colors were darker with a little camo, but overall I love it. Roadblock just has this Night Force vibe I'm digging.

I'm not gonna read too much into it. If all Roadblock figures were inexplicably white, I'd be POed. Just write it off as an odd choice for now.

I'm actually very excited to get a Rock GI Joe (not THIS one), and Bruce Willis for that matter. To me this is right up there with Sgt. Slaughter and the Fridge from back in the day. I know they're not PLAYING themselves, but it's still neat, I think.

I know. I wish I had some sort of new style Sgt. Slaughter. A picture of him wrestling with The Rock would be awesome! Since they're both wrestlers and all ;p

I know. I wish I had some sort of new style Sgt. Slaughter. A picture of him wrestling with The Rock would be awesome! Since they're both wrestlers and all ;p

I'm holding out hope of seeing a Sgt. Slaughter cameo in the movie. What a great nod that would be to the fans. And you know you'd get a figure out of it!

The Retaliation figures look sooo much better that ROC. I can't wait for to smell what Roadblock is cookin and for the figs of SLICE, Kamakura, BRUCE WILLIS, etc.

The Retaliation figures look sooo much better that ROC. I can't wait for to smell what Roadblock is cookin and for the figs of SLICE, Kamakura, BRUCE WILLIS, etc.

I agree. Not planning to go nuts with this line but there are a few choice figures I'm definately looking forward to!

Totally. I didn't want any RoC figures until after I saw the movie. This on the other hand, I'm going to be buying into some of before I see its movie.

As for white Roadblock, I think most of them look a little... pale. But as I think about it, The Rock has a rather unique shade that I imagine could be difficult to capture in toy form

I really don't get all the hate for the ROC figures. Sure some of the designs were off, but the figures themselves were pretty good. Atleast with ROC we got figure that represented how the characters looked in the movie. So far we only have four Retaliation figures that look like they do in the movie (CC,SE, yellow Jinx and Roadblock).

I'm holding out hope of seeing a Sgt. Slaughter cameo in the movie. What a great nod that would be to the fans. And you know you'd get a figure out of it!

That would a nice gesture to give fans a second shot at Triple T Slaughter...

I really don't get all the hate for the ROC figures. Sure some of the designs were off, but the figures themselves were pretty good. Atleast with ROC we got figure that represented how the characters looked in the movie. So far we only have four Retaliation figures that look like they do in the movie (CC,SE, yellow Jinx and Roadblock).

What about Joe Colton? He looks pretty spot on