Thinking about going to SDCC this year

SKYWARP

Some of my friends and I are thinking about going to the SDCC this year. So I was wondering from anybody that has been in years past what all do I need to know? Any helpful tips or anything? Whats the deal with the Badges and everything? Thanks in advance for any answers.

tickets already sold out didn't they ?.. May want to check into that before you start making plans... all i can say is its worth going at least once just for the experience

It was ridiculous...the link they gave us didn't work so I lost a good 15 mins that way. By the time it was my turn all 4 day badges were gone, and singles for Friday and Saturday were gone! So I just closed it. Disappointed. But Skywarp there is still a chance. They will resale the returned badges in late May early June. After this fiasco though I don't know if I can stomach trying again.

nobody got tickets?

No people got tickets. It is officially sold out now. I just didn't get any. The link they told us was the only one to use for the tickets in an email turned out to be broken and so the 15 minutes I spent trying to get that to work cost me. By the time I went to the site and went from there I was 23k in line and they only had Thursday and Sunday left. So no SDCC for me. The worst part jjlecaros is that my boy was only 2k in line at the start then he goes and takes a shower instead of just waiting. By the time he gets back it past him up. I thought we had 4 day passes for sure and then that happens! So needless to say I may have to hit you up for an exclusive @loll@

I managed to get tickets for Saturday and Sunday... My wife can't get off during the week so we figured we would just go on the weekend. I don't know if i am going to miss anything good from not going the first two days. But as nevermore said, the site didn't work for the first 15 or so minutes, and when i did manage to get in i was #13000 in line. I got down to about 1000 people in front of me and that's when the four day passes sold out. So i was kind of bummed about that. But at least i got in.

Know what you wanna buy and know the price range you want it in. Then when you see it, get it and don't sweet possibly finding it cheaper. Another tip, map out some things you wanna do if possible using the program guide and the m included.

• Like 1

I apologize Starscream49, I was trying to give u a +1 but my fat finger hit the negative instead. Sorry about that!! I'll change it when I can get to a computer.

As for those of you, who are going for the 1st time, all I can say is if you're looking for exclusives, you may wanna hit those lines first. Last year I pretty much spent all of Thursday in line for Hasbro (which was by far THE worst line ever), Mattel & Entertainment Earth. Once I got everything that I was hunting for, I was able to just relax & enjoy Friday. Like others have said, map out the booths & panels you want to see before going in and that should help. Another suggestion is if you have any Mattel items you want, just pre-order them & pick them up last since it'll be set aside for you. oh, and pack some sandwiches or snacks & water cuz that stuff is expensive there, or you could just hit up the Gaslamp District to try the food there.Also, be prepared to wait in a super long line JUST to pick up your badge(s). You can usually do that at the convention center or the off-site location but either way they're both just as long (though I heard it wasnt too bad early in the day on Wednesday). Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Cool thanks Darkflash :D

Here's another trick, a couple days prior and the day before, start checking eBay for show exclusives. Notice the ones that are the most expensive and try to score them to resell. Some people might consider that scalping but you can pay yourself back for a lot of the trip of you get really good pieces.

• Like 1

Cool thanks Darkflash :D

Here's another trick, a couple days prior and the day before, start checking eBay for show exclusives. Notice the ones that are the most expensive and try to score them to resell. Some people might consider that scalping but you can pay yourself back for a lot of the trip of you get really good pieces.

Just as skeezy as the junior highs you hang out in front of Pat. Class act, but I still man love you

I've thought about going to this Con for years but two things have held me back.

1. I already live in driving distance of Pittsburgh, Philly, Baltimore and New York, so I can hit major East Coast shows every year.

2. Bigger shows aren't always better. I drove out to Chicago a few years ago and it was one of the worst shows I've ever been to.

Be prepared to wait in line. I believe the mathematical equation is 4 hours of line waiting for every 10 minutes of enjoyment. That goes for buying toys or waiting to get into a panel. So, wanting to go to a certain panel (like the Mattel Toy Panel or a Marvel Comic panel) means you'll have to sacrifice doing anything else that day since you have to get in line first thing in the morning because the room only holds 500 people and there are 120,000+ people at the convention. And if you want to go to Hall H where they show all the sneak previews and trailers, you have to camp out at 4:00AM and then spend ALL DAY in Hall H. Because if you leave, you'll never get back in.

Then there's the fun of traversing the main floor where people are packed so tight and only about 10% of them know what 'to shower' means.

Have a good time. ;)

• Like 1