Star Wars - Toy Fair 2012

Bespin refugee

I wish that the Battle Droids were folded up in the MTT, but I can see that as far as play-value goes the standing droids were probably a better choice.

Generally speaking I am not a prequel fan, but there are a number of toys that are appealing. Namely the new Naboo Starfighter, Ashoka and even Jar Jar Binks!

The Imperial Guards look good (normally I don't go for cloth on my figures, but this reminds me of my original figures too much)as well as Nien Numb, all of Jabba's goons, Bespin Leia, and that Sandtrooper (is that a folding stock on his blaster???). Hope to see more on the Hoth Luke soon.

Tarkin is a slight disappointment. I don't mind that his uniform is green as opposed to grey (matching previous figures) but the cloth skirt is not working for me. As a kid it would not have bothered me that he cannot sit down because I probably wouldn't have played with an old man figure that much (just ask my near-mint condition Obi-Wan from the early '80s). The collector in me, who will just put the figure on a shelf, thinks that the cloth skirt looks cheap and out of place. It detracts from a well sculpted figure.

I will probably pass on the SDCC stuff but the Jar Jar in carbonite is hilarious!

Looking forward to Bespin Leia, Hoth Luke and the Royal Guard. Tarkin I will have to see in person. The soft goods bother me at this point but the rest of the figure looks good. I will buy a Naboo fighter since I don't have the original.

the only ones I'm looking at are the old republic figures I may get a few of the clones also if I have the left over cash I was hoping for a new version of Cad Bane one the same size as the trilogy figures instead of the puny clone wars figure

• 3 weeks later...

^Oh, I will too, I was just hoping for a homerun over a double/triple.;)

more like failed sacrifice bunt/squeeze play

cloth skirt + failed likeness + about $9/figure = a score?

a kitbash with the POTF2 head and some Imperial officer would be as if not less costly, yet more passable in my book

but, we'll just have to wait and see the final product in hand.

that Bespin Princess, too...cloth skirt and awkward leg stance...gross

I personally love the cloth accessories. Capes, skirts, vests...that's one thing-besides articulation-that the newer figures have over POTF2.

I'm just not into the Tarkin because I don't think the likeness is there. Maybe when I see him in person. I might be down for Bespin Leia and Nein Numb but these prices are getting too high for me.

• 3 weeks later...