G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie Figures Revealed

JayC

Roadblock is perfect! Notice the brighter colors, on the cobras, the olive drab on the joes, the variety overall! This looks like it is coming from a different toy company than ROC did! It looks like they have really learned and I really hope these things are a hit with the kids.

Duke looks a little funny. Is a repaint ? The body looks familiar, and also out of proportion, but that could be the angle of the shot. I don't recall seeing Duke like this, the Joe troopers, or that Zartan in a trailer, spoilers? I'm actually kinda of doubting that, on the Zartan or Duke part. I'd say they are trying to darw a little more out of kids imaginations. ROC's destro was one that we never saw in the film but we saw early on the shelves.

It's being pointed out several figs seem to be missing ankle articulation all together :( Roadblock, cc, the cobra trooper and zartan. That makes each take a severe hit in coolness factor imo. Especially roadblock. CC can just stand or sit and bark orders, but I want Roadblock ina very battle ready pose on my shelf :(

Wow! CC looks awesome must get! Gi joe trooper has a Halo feel to him, looks cool but like he belongs in a different toy line to me. Cobra trooper is sweet, better that the first movies soldiers. Duke looks like Sci Fi, except not as good. Definately getting "The Rock". Pass on Snakes & Stormy, good figs but got enough of them. Red ninjas would get because they can do double duty as the Hand for marvel.

Zartan...I get the urge to paint him green and draw eyes on the hood and call him Kermit. Meh, maybe we will get a better version in another wave.

It's being pointed out several figs seem to be missing ankle articulation all together :( Roadblock, cc, the cobra trooper and zartan. That makes each take a severe hit in coolness factor imo. Especially roadblock. CC can just stand or sit and bark orders, but I want Roadblock ina very battle ready pose on my shelf :(

You could be right, but it could also be that it's just so well integrated into the mold (combined with the lighting) that it's hard to see it, like the Joe trooper's ankle articulation looks like its just the wrinkles in it's pants (if it actually does have ankle articulation).

WOW! those figures all look great. The outfits on these guys are a welcome surprise. I love the look of these guys compared to ROC. Cobra Commander is badass and I am glad to see the Cobra Troopers look more like Cobras.. but I wish they were darker

I'll probably buy all of them except for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow

These look amazing my only complaint is futuristic firearms but I have accessories from other GIJOEs and other millitary figures to solve this problem

You could be right, but it could also be that it's just so well integrated into the mold (combined with the lighting) that it's hard to see it, like the Joe trooper's ankle articulation looks like its just the wrinkles in it's pants (if it actually does have ankle articulation).

I think they all have ankle articulation, if you look real close at the ankles there are slight ridges where the foot and leg meet, in fact it looks similar to the Renegades Scarlett ankles

I like em all except Zartan, who will most likely be bought and turned into someone else, and what the heck is Duke supposed to be wearing?

Honestly, I'm looking at these, and then looking at my POC figures, and wondering what in the heck you guys have been smoking to think these look good? @lol@

This looks like a step backwards to me...

Honestly, I'm looking at these, and then looking at my POC figures, and wondering what in the heck you guys have been smoking to think these look good? @lol@

This looks like a step backwards to me...

well they ARE movie figs Joe. So right off the bat the costume designs will be less traditional for Joe figures than we have been seeing... I see all of these guys and I see them mixing in perfectly with what we have been getting in the 30th line (besides the actor likenesses)... For a guy like Duke, I plan on getting that figure, doing a headswap, adding a vest or something, and bingo bango you have a cool new figure.

Cobra Commander - looks awesome to me. He does look a little like a normal trooper, but I think that is because his arms and gun are hiding his torso. It looks like he is wearing a traditional CC shirt and has the gold rope around his shoulder. To me, he is better than any of the CC figures we have received for a while.

Cobra Trooper - while this guy looks a bit bland, he is a huge improvement from the ROC cobra troops. He won't be taking the place of any of my POC/30th or even 25th Cobra Troopers, but I'll get one.

Duke is okay - but he screams movie figure. I'll get him, swap his head, give him a vest and some normal guns... and then he is an instant POC/30th figure.

GiJoe Trooper - I LOVE the look of this guy.. but I don't support green shirts at all. I'll get him, maybe several, to do headswaps, partswaps, whatever. He is an awesome base figure. Right away he looks like he would be a great update for Shockwave

Zartan - looks a bit futuristic... but I have to say I like him more than the odd desert nomad version we got in POC.. and way more than the ROC versions.

Red Ninja - what can you say?? If you liked 30th Stormy, then you love this guy too. He is sick and I'll get 3 of them (even though I never builded the 25th Red Ninja or the MU Hand ninja)

Snake Eyes - not a bad figure, but not as good as some of the other ones we have for 25th/POC/30th.. but he is better than the ROC ones

StormSHadow - I like him, but I don't see the need for him after the 30th Stormy.... still, I might get him just for posterity

Roadblock - I like everything about him except for the headsculpt. It's a good head, looks like Rock.. but I don't do actor likenesses.. they stick out too much with the regular figures. I'll get him and look for a headswap, but it might be difficult because it looks like he has lighter skin than the other black Joe figures

all in all.. I think these figures are great.. and I am liking these movie designs so much more than the ones we had for ROC. I can't wait to see wave 2 and the vehicles. ToyFair can't come soon enough

Looks like Hasbro has learned a bit since roc. These figures are much better. I'll definitely pick up most of these even if I don't love the character selection. Hopefully, Joe Colton and Jinx will show up in wave 2.

I think for Wave 2 we can expect Joe Colton, Jinx, Flint, Firefly and then probably some other versions of Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Duke

I would pick up all of them.......the only one I'm not too hot on is the Tatum/Duke......just looks very plain to me. I feel like the Road-Rock figure will have some kick-ass accessories which will make up for the figure overall. I tell ya what.......I own a total of 7 ROC figures and most of them I got from Marshalls/TJ Maxx..........I want all 9 of these already....and hope to pick them up when they are released. I'm liking what I'm seeing already.