2012 Club Exclusives and credit card concerns...

Agent Adam

Thanks to Deathblade for bringing this up originally. If you have made any purchases recently* from FubPub, be it a club membership or exclusives, keep an eye on your credit card. I recommend you connect with your card's issuer and have it canceled and replaced with a new card.

*by recent I mean.. maybe just at all. Saw a guy on tfw who's last purchase was October 2011 and he got hit..

If you want Runabout Over-Run or Deadpool SG Drift, they just went up for pre-order on the club store. Their system seems to be having issues, it took a few tries to get my order through.

https://www.transformersclub.com/shop/index.cfm?&CFID=2088670&CFTOKEN=35295250

(On the drop down menu for "Line" on the left side, choose "club exclusives" and then search by categories.)

EDIT: Looks like they were having so much trouble that they shut down and took them off for now. Supposedly back up tomorrow.

They are now back up.

I really want Runabout but don't have the money to get him and with that 54 bucks there is no way I can get him. So it looks like Runabout will not get his up grade.

Need to keep the word out on this, members are reporting fraud charges after ordering from funpub AGAIN. I was hit when I ordered the botcon set this year.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...ep-eye-out.html

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?s...=84493&st=0

Then I guess that explains this post from the TFCC Facebook page:

Transformers Collectors' Club (Official)

Just to let everyone know, we have upgraded our online security systems this week after a recent audit of our internal and external procedures. Online security is a serious business and Fun Publications takes it seriously. We have implemented an ongoing review process of these security systems so that as internet thieves become more sophisticated, so will our defense systems. If you have any concerns, please let us know. When you order from anyone on any kind of device, make sure that https starts the url. This means it is under a secure socket layer and is encrypted during transmission. Additionally all information in our database is encrypted under a 256K algorithm.

I guess it's just as well that I was at home when the pre-orders went up on Monday.

Eh, unless that allspark thread is specifically talking about FunPub, then its coincidental. If they knew they had info stolen its likely they would warn people. Tried looking for said thread but didn't see it.

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84493&st=0

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/538001-sg-drift-over-run-up-pre-order-wednesday-37.html#post7203916

Try here, and YES it was funpub they were talking about. Not trying to sway you are anything, not like I care. Just putting it out there for people to be vigilant, and at most not use a debit card with your actual money attached to it. Like I said, I KNOW that haven't used that card anywhere else. Then a day later, fraud charges...uhh yeah.

Eh, unless that allspark thread is specifically talking about FunPub, then its coincidental. If they knew they had info stolen its likely they would warn people. Tried looking for said thread but didn't see it.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/538001-sg-drift-over-run-up-pre-order-wednesday-37.html#post7203916

Try here, and YES it was funpub they were talking about. Not trying to sway you are anything, not like I care. Just putting it out there for people to be vigilant, and at most not use a debit card with your actual money attached to it. Like I said, I KNOW that haven't used that card anywhere else. Then a day later, fraud charges...uhh yeah.

If there was some sort of security hole, FunPub just switched to a different company, so hopefully that resolves it if that was where the problem was. Personally, I'm not convinced it is.

The allspark thread hardly counts as any proof, since he is basing his information on what some random guy on facebook said.. not really a credible source.

If there was some sort of security hole, FunPub just switched to a different company, so hopefully that resolves it if that was where the problem was. Personally, I'm not convinced it is.

The allspark thread hardly counts as any proof, since he is basing his information on what some random guy on facebook said.. not really a credible source.

Well I am not trying to prosecute a case or anything, do what you will. I dont need to prove it to you, I know what happened to me, I know i didnt use that card anywhere but the TFCC club, end of story. For ME anyways....like I said its a heads up, believe it or dont.

I'm eating some crow. :o My CC got hit today but the bank denied the big charge and took care of another one. Card canceled, naturally.

Thanks to Deathblade for bringing this up originally. If you have made any purchases recently* from FubPub, be it a club membership or exclusives, keep an eye on your credit card. I recommend you connect with your card's issuer and have it canceled and replaced with a new card. *by recent I mean.. maybe just at all. Saw a guy on tfw who's last purchase was October 2011 and he got hit..

I'm eating some crow. :o My CC got hit today but the bank denied the big charge and took care of another one. Card canceled, naturally.

Thanks to Deathblade for bringing this up originally. If you have made any purchases recently* from FubPub, be it a club membership or exclusives, keep an eye on your credit card. I recommend you connect with your card's issuer and have it canceled and replaced with a new card. *by recent I mean.. maybe just at all. Saw a guy on tfw who's last purchase was October 2011 and he got hit..

Sorry to hear that man. I took a chance and ordered them too, but I made sure I used a card with a low exploitable limit. I have been watching it closely for fraudulent charges.

Sorry to hear that man. I took a chance and ordered them too, but I made sure I used a card with a low exploitable limit. I have been watching it closely for fraudulent charges.

I would get rid of the card... Most likely they will wait some months or even years and hit you when you least expected...

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, because they were not. If the problem lies with the company handling their security, and they had no reason to doubt said company.. it really isn't their fault.

All we have right now, and we've always had, is circumstantial evidence of the club's "involvement" and that's just not enough to condemn them in this particular case. What most people, including myself were enraged about, was how long it too them to send a frickin' e-mail out to let people know there may be a problem.

Uh, because they were not. If the problem lies with the company handling their security, and they had no reason to doubt said company.. it really isn't their fault.

All we have right now, and we've always had, is circumstantial evidence of the club's "involvement" and that's just not enough to condemn them in this particular case. What most people, including myself were enraged about, was how long it too them to send a frickin' e-mail out to let people know there may be a problem.

I do... They hired them... Its kind of like not blaming Matty for DR... Plus denying the breach instead of letting people know in a timely matter like you said was a bad PR move...