Bandai S.H. MonsterArts

The Maestro

For those that don't use Facebook...

525073_424231654262672_155435907808916_1503799_318464018_n.jpg

Exploding-03.jpg

Exploding-02.jpg

Exploding-01.jpg

I know some who were curious if they improved the articulation on the Explosion Godzilla based on the poses, so I tried a similar pose with my standard MA Godzilla compared to the promo pic:

DSC04278.jpg

Exploding-03.jpg

It can be done with the original figure, so I'll assume this will be the same mold without any real tweaking. Regardless, I'm getting it anyway! :D

Also, I finally had this bad boy arrive the other day!

DSC04292.jpg

DSC04294.jpg

DSC04295.jpg

Time to rearrange the display again. :D

One minor issue with mine is the right shoulder crystal with the paint scuff, but it's not a big deal. I may try to touch it up later.

I will say that they improved the articulation quite a bit compared to Godzilla. If this is an indication of how the line evolves, King Ghidorah is going to be a nice addition!

Bluefin Tamashii is conducting a poll for the Monsterarts line on Facebook:

Go put in your votes! I already put in mine. I want my MA Titanosaurus! :D

I voted for only a handful of characters, but my top picks were Titanosaurus, MechaGodzilla (Showa), and Gigan. Looking at the poll now, Biollante is running away with over 100 votes.

It'll be interesting how much the poll influences this line.

Hedora, (I know, but man I love that movie) Mecha Kong, Frankenstien, Biolante (we so need this movie to get a DVD release) and Jet Jaguar were my 5 picks.

Hedora, (I know, but man I love that movie) Mecha Kong, Frankenstien, Biolante (we so need this movie to get a DVD release) and Jet Jaguar were my 5 picks.

Biollante & 1985 both need a frackin' DVD release at least. And Megalon (which is now in DVD limbo hell apparently with MediaBlasters having "issues").

A Biollante MonsterArts figure? Oh dead lord YES!

Bluefin Tamashii and Bandai Hobby posted some promotional pictures for MA King Ghidorah:

http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLESDVVHRADMVIMU/articles/646945

makg1.jpg

makg2.jpg

makg3.jpg

makg4.jpg

makg5.jpg

makg6.jpg

makg7.jpg

makg8.jpg

makg9.jpg

Looking really good! I'm hoping the pre-orders are up soon!

Biollante & 1985 both need a frackin' DVD release at least. And Megalon (which is now in DVD limbo hell apparently with MediaBlasters having "issues").

A Biollante MonsterArts figure? Oh dead lord YES!

I agree, Biollante is one of my favorite Kaiju movies, and Return of Godzilla is a must have for the entire Heisei series of films. Megalon will come out eventually, its just that Toho is dragging their feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just rearranging the display, and messing with the camera. Insomnia will do that. :P ...

DSC04509.jpg

DSC04510.jpg

DSC04511.jpg

The diorama is temporary until I get more display space. I'm going to need it soon, whether I order Mogera, or my preorder for Little G comes in later this month.

Speaking of which, does anybody know the release date for Little G?

Bluefin Tamashii just posted this on their Facebook page with a small teaser:

cosmothra.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

They also quoted the following:

Mothra is sad there is no S.H. MonsterArts Mothra...yet ;D

Pic via Squishy taken at Akon

Maybe we'll see a proto at SDCC!

Bluefin is starting to post this image around the net:

712TOW4OOPL._AA1084_.jpg

Looks like he'll be hitting very soon!

• Like 1

A couple of more angle shots of Little G in the box:

MALG2.jpg

MALG3.jpg

I'm hoping they added some neck articulation to Little G as early photos didn't indicate it. I can't really tell if it was added with the new pics.

Bluefin Tamashii just posted this on their Facebook page with a small teaser:

https://www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA

They also quoted the following:

Mothra is sad there is no S.H. MonsterArts Mothra...yet ;D

Pic via Squishy taken at Akon

http://www.flickr.co...57629993094702/

Maybe we'll see a proto at SDCC!

But new or old Mothra? Personally im hoping for 90's version, maybe give us some parts to make the underwater version.

The line is still focused on the Heisei series of movies, so I would imagine that we'll get the 90's version. I'm hoping that sets up for a Battra soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Space Godzilla got a buddy to destr...er, play with today. :D

DSC04673.jpg

I'll mess around with Mogera in a bit.

Got to actually play around with my recently aquired Mogera, and snap a few pics.

DSC04676.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

DSC04679.jpg

DSC04681.jpg

I have to admit that Mogera turned out really nice for the Monsterarts line even though he isn't my favorite mech. I couldn't find any real QC issues with this figure. Tamashii seems to be getting better with those type of problems.

If there was a complaint, while having a good deal of points of articulation, movement can be somewhat limited. It's more of a design flaw with Mogera, than a QC issue. Still, you can get some nice poses out of him. I really like the interchangeable parts that allow for his flying mode too.

One of the best things about Mogera are the accessories. The missiles and effects for them are pretty neat. The smoke plumes coming out of Mogera's hands have some nicely sculpted details too. There are a number of options on how you want to display him given all the accessories.

I'm glad I picked him up! Now, just waiting on Little G to finish the players from G vs. SG!

In case anybody still hasn't picked up a SHMA Godzilla yet, it appears the 2.0 version is starting to hit Yahoo Japan auctions.

Probably the most obvious difference between the two will be the boxes:

magodzilla2box.jpg

Looks like the 2.0 version will not have the sticker for the effect piece that the first version included. For those that haven't picked up a SHMA Godzilla yet, it may be a good idea to ask sellers first which version they are selling.

Also, the small Godzilla sticker on the left now has the year 2012. The first version has 2011.