New Marvel Legends hit TRU

gruntcast

I would not work for me! I tried getting Fantomex with the deal and it would not. I was going to get him, another Cap and Drax.

Draven

They'd probably tell you it didn't work because only fantomex is part of the offer. It'd have to be a combination of figures that are marked as part of the offer. It seemed kind of weird to me from the get go.

I think it's best to stay optimistic about them shipping more frequently for a few months and try to be patient. Unlike the Deadpool, Hulk and Black Widow two packs, tru isn't the only store getting them.

I would not work for me! I tried getting Fantomex with the deal and it would not. I was going to get him, another Cap and Drax.

Draven

are you talking about the TRU offer?

Take 50% OFF THESE items with ANY Marvel or DC Comics Action Figure purchase of $20 or more!

Must add to cart $20 worth of eligible items plus your choice of discounted item.

QUICK LINKS

Use the links below to find products related to this promotion.

- View Eligible Discounted items

- View Eligible Marvel or DC Comics Action

These are the "eligible discounted items"--- http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=12774464&type=effect

Lame

Sorry if you were talking about something else. I wasn't following the whole thing and your post was just kinda out there :)

Be patient, these will be plentiful.

I have to agree.

Keep in mind that scalpers buy these and literally dream up a price they want to bump them up to. That doesn't mean they'll be hard to find or they 're "worth" that much. I'm seeing a decent amout of MLs in my area (wave 1, that is, 2 hasn't hit me yet). So I wouldn't panic if you're not seeing someone you want. These things JUST came out!

As for the variants, I'm not seeing a problem there either. They're MORE available to the people that want them. Just looking at my Target stores, I'd say it's about half and half. I wish that happened with someone like, say, Toybiz Destroyer. And again, I wouldn't panic when you see the first scalper asking nearly $100 for the two wrecking crew guys. Be patient...

Wow.. those new figs look fairly decent...too bad I stopped buying since Hasbro took over..well, except the thor from the ML line..that one was cool.

@smilepunch@

WOW OMG Long time no see

I know, hu... There's just not that much new stuff out there as there was before. @hmmm@

LOL To me there is more then there ever was :P

Man, that toysrus online sale is pretty confusing. And misleading. And worthless. The only things you can actually get at 50% off are the Giant of Justice Flash and the preview Green Lantern. Basically the crap they can't sell and they're trying to trick you into buying.

I got home from work and there was a surprise on my doorstep! This was a different case assortment than I had been hearing about, it had Thunderball, Madame Masque, Unmasked Daken, and FF Spidey. Now I just need Viper/Madame Hydra and I am done with wave 2!

2dde55eb.jpg

e4f1a9b1.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!

My local TRU's Distribution Center seems to have gotten more cases in (FINALLY). HOPEFULLY it's just a matter of time now...

Also, straight up, a manager at one of my Walmarts ordered TWO CASES right in front of me. said I should expect them in around the 23rd. I was like "THE HELL?! you people can do this sort of thing???"

So... Soon. SOON. SO SOON.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!

My local TRU's Distribution Center seems to have gotten more cases in (FINALLY). HOPEFULLY it's just a matter of time now...

Also, straight up, a manager at one of my Walmarts ordered TWO CASES right in front of me. said I should expect them in around the 23rd. I was like "THE HELL?! you people can do this sort of thing???"

So... Soon. SOON. SO SOON.

My TRU actually got a case today of Wave 2. Managed to pick up Bucky Cap, FF Spider-Man, and Fantomex before heading off to work.

How did you get the manager to do that? Do you just ask one of the employees in the toys area to speak to a manager?

I found a manager and asked them if they had any in the back, then I asked what the warehouses numbers where. she said they were at 0, and that the warehouses dont just sit on that sort of thing... she could see my disappointment, so she was like "here, I'll order 16 (or 2 cases). Is that cool?" and with a wave of her gun, it was done.

Walmart has a single competent employee, and I found her yesterday.

• Like 1

How did you get the manager to do that? Do you just ask one of the employees in the toys area to speak to a manager?

I found a manager and asked them if they had any in the back, then I asked what the warehouses numbers where. she said they were at 0, and that the warehouses dont just sit on that sort of thing... she could see my disappointment, so she was like "here, I'll order 16 (or 2 cases). Is that cool?" and with a wave of her gun, it was done.

Walmart has a single competent employee, and I found her yesterday.

Keep us informed, Strap, of what wave your store gets if you don't mind, please. I decided to call a local Walmart after reading your post, just to see what would happen, and first I asked if they had any $15.44 Marvel figures in stock and they did. I asked if they could tell me the names of the figures, and I could tell it was Wave One. I asked if she knew if she could order a different newer assortment. The manager lady I spoke to said that she had already ordered more cases before I asked because they planned to restock about six pegs worth of them. But she's convinced that they will be Wave One, the same thing that store has already been getting, and no matter how many cases they order it will just be more Wave One until their Winter reset because they only have one assortment number they order cases by. I don't think it works that way, but she could be right, I don't know. I'd like to catch a Thunderball, Piledriver and Madame Masque, but I don't know if I'm going to buy anything or not, I'm just curious at this point which wave these stores will get.

I've been far too lazy to actually do any toy hunting lately. the best thing I do is collect the item numbers for the various stores, then I call one of the stores, tell them I am looking for someone to check on an item using the item number. SOMETIMES they ask which Department, sometimes they just ask for the item number.

After they check the item, I ask if they would mind checking the other nearby stores inventories. I kinda keep track of how many each store has by that... most of my Walmarts are getting low on the waves, so as soon as a larger number finally pops up, I'll head out. Typically, if the number of product on a shelf is around 2, according to inventory, the warehouse is supposed to automatically send out a new case (at least thats what the deal was when I worked for Toys R Us...), SOOOO it should only be a matter of time...

I just saw the same wave 2 case assortment that I received yesterday at the Cary, NC TRU.

That's the one that's about fifty miles away from me. I called them just out of curiousity a moment ago and they told me they got in one case and somebody bought it this morning... must be someone who rabidly stalks that store out for 'em.

I hope it was at least somebody who is gonna open them and play with them, child or collector... getting tired of the scalper bullsh!t. They're like cockroaches, they're disgusting and annoying but they always seem to survive. At least there's a point to what cockroaches do lol.

WM got a case of Wave1 in, so I got Steve Rogers and Stealth IM to finish off my Terrax. Still want/need regular IM and Thor from Wave1 and Masque, TBall, BigTime Spidey, Daken, and Drax from Wave 2.

JACKPOT. MY TRU got 3 cases in! ALL were the Hydra/Piledriver/FF Spidey packs. I got everyone BUT Spidey. REALLY glad I got the unmasked Daken.

What's REALLY Exciting is it seems like I WILL be able to mod my Arnim Zola body to have a real working screen (like I did a few years ago).

A few facts about Zola:

1: the Purple area on his chest is all one rubbery piece that clips on at the sides, and is only glued via 2 small pegs in the bottom corners of the screen.

2: the Screen is only clipped on, and can be popped out with a small screw driver (once the purple area is removed)

3: the screen works like a lens, and magnifies things ever so slightly.

4: the Red Skull/Zola image is just a sticker.

If anyone has a Madame Masque, or Thunderball, let me know. As soon as I figure out HOW to fit a photoviewer into Zola, I'll be able to do that for others, at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

I just saw the same wave 2 case assortment that I received yesterday at the Cary, NC TRU.

That's the one that's about fifty miles away from me. I called them just out of curiousity a moment ago and they told me they got in one case and somebody bought it this morning... must be someone who rabidly stalks that store out for 'em.

I hope it was at least somebody who is gonna open them and play with them, child or collector... getting tired of the scalper bullsh!t. They're like cockroaches, they're disgusting and annoying but they always seem to survive. At least there's a point to what cockroaches do lol.

Actually, as I was walking down the aisle where the empty pegs are, I saw a guy casually browsing through the Marvel stuff. I told him that they had a wave 2 case in that I had asked an employee to open for me to see if their was a Madame Hydra figure in there. He was shocked, and did pick up the whole wave. The kid who opened the case for me said he was going to buy the extra Captain America if either of us did not want it. I used to go to that store more often when I worked right by it, but now only on Friday's because they open at 9 instead of 10.