New Marvel Legends hit TRU

gruntcast

So I found both Steve Rogers and I could not decide which one to keep. Then I got the idea to do a headswap with one of them and I put Dum Dum's head on the variant body. I really like the way he looks. I felt like Dum Dum's head always looked weird on the shield agent body plus I now have another shield agent.

161ggpe.jpg

• Like 2

The DCPI search shows them readily available at bot Huntsville Targets last I looked Chad. You just have to get them out of the back!

DRaven

Yeah, I had to get them out of the back, but they should be there. I bought a whole set plus the variant steve, but the rest should be there. I believe it said they had 16 left

Just waiting on wave 2 now

Went to Walmart over the weekend and that didn't even have shelf space for it (not surprised, they still don't have Thundercats) Checked TRU too, and they were completely sold out. I do want this line, I sold off most of my Legends and I'd love to start rebuilding my Marvel empire, but only if I can find these at retail, the price is already high enough without adding on secondary market prices or shipping for that matter.

When is wave 2 supposed to be hitting?

Wave 2 is already popping up at some Walmart's. I did see a variant case of Wave 1 at my closest Walmart this morning and they were just sitting between some of the new Avengers stuff. They were $15.44 each. I knew they had a case on the way because I had them search the item number 65356969047.

Wave 2 is already popping up at some Walmart's. I did see a variant case of Wave 1 at my closest Walmart this morning and they were just sitting between some of the new Avengers stuff. They were $15.44 each. I knew they had a case on the way because I had them search the item number 65356969047.

Cool, sadly all my walmarts in the area have been lacking in the DCU and Marvel department. Add the fact that there are 4 very active scalpers, (that I know of) and two kids , one of which is to young to drag for hunts and a lot of work equals going to BTTS for what I could order and praying to find the rest when possible.

I'm not too impressed with this 'Return of Marvel Legends'...the only figures really worth a look are Klaw and Constrictor.

Plus, why is the Heroic Age Thor not packed with a single BAF Part? That makes no sense at all...he's a decent figure, but it defeats the purpose of the BAF concept. What is the point in buying him when the BAF is the bonus anyway when purchasing the whole set? :huh:

Makes no difference to me though, I prefer the ML series 2 w/the BAF Arnim Zola anyway.

I agree, I am not that impressed and only want 3 from the set. It seems hasblow has picked right back up in the nonsense dept for the next wave, 12 figures in all is ridiculous for one wave of action figures, what does that tally up to for a complete set? Even worse if you buy them at the over-priced TRU which has them for 18.00 a piece. Then with wave 2 they make the wrecking crew variants.................wtf is up with that, I want the whole set and these should be individual releases not hard to find variants. If these were priced right they would of sold out online. My nearest Target doesn't have shelf space for these and the TRU is still nursing the two Iron Man.

Target in Richmond, CA has a case..... but the jackass manager said he "couldn't sell them because they're waiting to put them out during the reset in 2 weeks"....I think he thought I was a scalper. I think he was saving him for himself the way he was looking me up & down.

I'm not too impressed with this 'Return of Marvel Legends'...the only figures really worth a look are Klaw and Constrictor.

Plus, why is the Heroic Age Thor not packed with a single BAF Part? That makes no sense at all...he's a decent figure, but it defeats the purpose of the BAF concept. What is the point in buying him when the BAF is the bonus anyway when purchasing the whole set? :huh:

Makes no difference to me though, I prefer the ML series 2 w/the BAF Arnim Zola anyway.

I agree, I am not that impressed and only want 3 from the set. It seems hasblow has picked right back up in the nonsense dept for the next wave, 12 figures in all is ridiculous for one wave of action figures, what does that tally up to for a complete set? Even worse if you buy them at the over-priced TRU which has them for 18.00 a piece. Then with wave 2 they make the wrecking crew variants.................wtf is up with that, I want the whole set and these should be individual releases not hard to find variants. If these were priced right they would of sold out online. My nearest Target doesn't have shelf space for these and the TRU is still nursing the two Iron Man.

They *do* sell out online. Even at the wrong prices. Hasbrotoyshop put cases of Wave Two up at the best price that can be expected for these things nowadays and they sold out as soon as people found out about it. People let their anxiousness get the better of them and help the third party sellers on sites like Amazon sell them at two or three times the average retail price, too. Seeing people pay $50 for Bucky Cap on ebay is hillarious and sad. And seeing Foundation Forum Spidey sell on average for $100 is mind boggling.

There'll be shelf space for them at Target after the 26th. Probably both waves will hit at once. If it's true that Walmart does start stocking MLs, Bucky Cap could even wind up being a peg warmer.

I think Wave One is great. The only one I could care less about is Hope but she's a pretty figure. Wave Two has too many figures I can do without, but I'm sure it'll be popular with people who care about characters like Vin Diesel Drax or Daken or Fantomex. I hope Walmart does carry Wave Two and does a better job of it than something like the Discover The Force figures. That way I can hopefully get the figures I want want the most from Wave Two and maybe get the others later if I can.

I agree that the variant thing is annoying. I don't remember how it usually was with variants back in the Toy Biz ML era, but I think there's equal amounts of the current variants made. People are finding both Terrax assortments at Target and they haven't even put them on the shelf yet. It might turn out to be one of those situations like the Piledriver cases show up at Target and Walmart gets the Thunderball cases. I can't believe how enthusiastic a lot of people seem to be for the new stuff. I think it encourages the scalping and hoarding.

@ slao, I think Hasbro/Marvel was actually trying to do us a favor by not including a BAF piece w/ Thor. In case you bought the sdcc version and didn't want the Terrax wave Thor.

Things don't seem to bode well for the Iron Man 6" figure assortment that was supposed to have the Extremis and that great looking Neoclassic armor, though. The Extremis in the Terrax wave looks more like the color scheme from the IM wave. If they scrapped the IM assortment I hope the Neoclassic armor gets a slot in Legends.