DC Comics Gets A New Look

The Wire

That's a pretty bad logo.

Aside from being difficult to read (I see the "C" but I don't read the "D.") it has absolutely nothing about it that says "Comics." There's nothing fun about it.

Then again... There's been nothing fun about their comics for years either! Zing!

In the words of Mr. Horse, "No sir, I don't like it!".... I wasn't too crazy about the last one either, but it was still a lot more passable than this... The best DC logo was the 1980's version in my opinion. Though I do admit that the new logo definitely reflects the crap that DC has become, since the 2011 reboot....

I really liked the last logo, I wonder why they thought they needed an update. This new one isn't so good.

I don't think it looks bad, its just not a logo that is appropriate for a comic company.

It looks like a corporation logo... very clean and sterile. Yes I know they're a corporation bt it still has to feel like comics, unless they just don't care. It looks like they're trying to compete with mac or some other electronic media logo

I doesn't really matter at this point, I guess. I'm down to two Marvel books and almost as many DC books. This is compared to two years ago when I was spending $20 a week on comics. This industry has shot itself in the foot, big time on ALL levels imaginable!

I doesn't really matter at this point, I guess. I'm down to two Marvel books and almost as many DC books. This is compared to two years ago when I was spending $20 a week on comics. This industry has shot itself in the foot, big time on ALL levels imaginable!

There are still some good books out there. You just have to look around for them.

I dropped DC entirely last August. In the past six months they've had ONE book I was moderately interested in maybe reading at some point. That's the Batman relaunch by Snyder and Capullo. Everything else looks as abysmal as it did before the Reboot.

I am current on about 40 or so of the New 52. Some of them have been pretty good. Others, not so much.

My least favorite so far has to be Men at War....its unreadable.

I like the new 52 also. I've been reading 15 or 20 titles. The 2 batman and 2 superman titles are my favorite right now. oh yeah new logo stinks

There are still some good books out there. You just have to look around for them.

I believe I'm buying the good ones now.

I get Thunderbolts and X Factor from Marvel. DC is down to Aquaman, Nightwing, Batman and Detective Comics. Oh and GI Joe ARAH and Hellboy when they put one out.

I like to think I gave Superman (another) fair shot, gave Supes, Action, and Supergirl a chance, but DC still hasn't got it. I'll be back to try his next incarnation.

So I went from about $80 a month on comics to about $30, which isn't bad. Couldn't have done it without high prices, numbering gimmicks, reboots, retcons, multiple titles, oversaturation, "big" events, etc.

Logo looks like crap!!! I can understand the company wide media blitz and cohesive look, but everything at its core has to be about DC COMICS!!!

Their new logo would be like if Marvel replaced their famous big block letters MARVEL to just one M!!! Stupid, as is this new look!!!

I only read a few online books, and even then, I look for the free ones. Other than that, I occasionally buy trades. But the days of weekly comics shopping are OVER. There's something about spending almost $20 and walking out of a store with only 4 comics that just ain't right...