If you could only have one

RecklessEndangerment

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which playset would you choose if you could only have one reissued?

• U.S.S. Flagg
    • Terrordrome
    • Mobile Command Center
    • The Defiant
    • Headquarters Command Center
    • None of them

The FLAGG baby!! That one's still on my wish list after all these years.

A close second would be the Defiant. Man...I used to dream about all the ways I would play with that thing... *sigh*

I chose the terrordrome. I would gladly get all of the above depending on how they are released. I would want classic styling none of that rise of cobra deco crap. I would also love to see the original gi joe base as featured in the cartoon. As far as vehicles go, I would love to see the killer whale reissued. It looks like they added it in the new movie promo, so here's to hoping. With the PITT i would like to see a more comic accurate toy. I thought the rise of cobra pitt was an eyesore and would never add that to my collection.

Wait...which Pit are we talking about: the mobile one from 2009, or one of those ones from 1992 or 2001? I know that when I was growing up, I always wanted the original GI Joe headquarters--even though it wasn't the actual Pit.

From this list, I guess I'd prefer most to have a Terrordrome. The reason for this is not just because it's a cool set, but also because though the other items on the list are expensive and hard to get in a complete state, I could still get one of those other items off eBay and I'd only need one of each. If the terrordrome were re-released, I'd probably get two or three. I could set up some nasty little complex reminiscent of the Eben Emael, complete with supporting bunkers, sandbagged ASP emplacements, and a few other things. THEN I could plan for how the joes would assault the place.

Wait...which Pit are we talking about: the mobile one from 2009, or one of those ones from 1992 or 2001? I know that when I was growing up, I always wanted the original GI Joe headquarters--even though it wasn't the actual Pit.

From this list, I guess I'd prefer most to have a Terrordrome. The reason for this is not just because it's a cool set, but also because though the other items on the list are expensive and hard to get in a complete state, I could still get one of those other items off eBay and I'd only need one of each. If the terrordrome were re-released, I'd probably get two or three. I could set up some nasty little complex reminiscent of the Eben Emael, complete with supporting bunkers, sandbagged ASP emplacements, and a few other things. THEN I could plan for how the joes would assault the place.

Seems I screwed up the poll a bit. I actually meant this: http://www.yojoe.com...3/headquarters/ Not sure why I thought it was called the Pit, although that was a long time ago. I definately didn't mean the roc base that looked like a Winnebago. Did anyone buy those things before they were put on clearance?

Seems I screwed up the poll a bit. I actually meant this: http://www.yojoe.com...3/headquarters/ Not sure why I thought it was called the Pit, although that was a long time ago. I definately didn't mean the roc base that looked like a Winnebago. Did anyone buy those things before they were put on clearance?

Yeah, that's the old base that I was talking about! I know that it wasn't the real Pit and that it was only used in the comics twice--as a diversion during the night attack and as a pre-fab base to hold cobra commander prisoner in issue 24, but it was still the first Joe base.

I guess my answer remains the Terrordrome for the very reason that I'd buy multiples, but the very topic of this thread makes me want to check eBay for the original Joe base.

Out of the listed ones I chose the Terrordrome.

Although not really a base I would much rather have the Rolling Thunder out of all them. Those two giant missles means game over for any othe playset.