LOTR Mordor Orcs

JaffleMaker

Just thought i'd share these somewhere but since I couldn't find a dedicated lotr forum for the toybiz toys I'll give you guys the privelage of checking these out. :)

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

AXEMAN

The head of the axeman is from the Moria door that came with a Sam, it is left unpainted but I may redo the eyes to fit in with the other mordor orcs.

The axeman body is made from The samwise goblin armour figure with his shoulders cut and extended with screws leather and sculpey. His hands are repainted from gollum. His torso is stripped of his original armour and replaced with leather. His feet, axe and loin cloth are borrowed from an orc archer (isengard). The thighs are sams but extended with screws and sculpey. The helmet is a beserker uruk-hai drybrushed lightly and then marked with the red eye. The red cloth is a painted chux cloth.

SWORDSMAN

Base figure is a Frodo in goblin armour. The Face was made from a Gollum who required cutting, sanding and minimal sculpey to differentiate him enough to look like an orc. I originally just tried repainting the face but it looked simply like a green gollum and not threatening at all. helmet is an extensively modified Gimli helmet and the forearms are from the isengard orc archer figure. The gloved hands are from a random Spiderman and the legs are Spiderman/Goblin frodo legs heavily smothered in sculpey and superglue. The sword and sheath were from a random babarian figure I aquired. The wings on the helmet and skull on the knee pad also come from the same sword.

Both figures will be modified later again as more ideas come to me but I am happy for now.

Hope you enjoy :)

Thanks. :) I'll post a picture with a few figures maybe tommorrow but it's late here so not tonight. However both are around a head or half a head shorter than an Aragorn figure.

Also this morning at an opp shop bought a Orc Overseer for $1 and my girlfriend not wanting to troop build him I combined him with the fodder of the previous two figures plus some ML bullseye forearms (heavily cut back and reversed). I also hated the head so gave him a haircut front and back. Only parts not painted are the eyes belly section and teeth.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

And not a very good photographer but used the flash to try and show a bit more colour in the next pic... the actual figure isn't glossy, it just shines because the paint wasn't fully dry.

IMG_0207.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just a few WIP pics of a new figure, still have to paint the eyes the scar and blackwash.

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Base is a Spiderman/king aragorn. Both figures were cut in half mid torso and glued together with parts of Goblin armour Frodo and an orc overseer attached and scuplied over. Head is an extensively modified gollum with mail sculpted on over a looooong time.

Also repainted and changed a couple of the figures from earlier, will take a new group shot when they are finished.