120 Kmart, Sears stores closing

Wheeljack35

meh, I could care less about Kmart. I have one near my house but I never go there because it's filthy and disgusting

But Sears is a good store and I have one close to my house. It's a good place to shop for tools and whatnot. I don't want to see that one close

K-Mart's biggest problem is they don't seem to care. It's a shame they have to take Sears with them when they go.

Sears owns Kmart ....You make it sound like its the other way around

Plus Kmart charges higher prices how did they think they were going to continue

All in all I think prices killed them as well, many times I've checked the boards to hear about how they were running specials and clearances. Only to take a trip to my local Kmart and see nothing on the shelves or nadda on sale.......& to think that we won't see any more blue hairs stalking blue light specials is a bummer, shop at S-mart and save.....

All in all I think prices killed them as well, many times I've checked the boards to hear about how they were running specials and clearances. Only to take a trip to my local Kmart and see nothing on the shelves or nadda on sale.......& to think that we won't see any more blue hairs stalking blue light specials is a bummer, shop at S-mart and save.....

You hit it I feel the same way they are expensive..Would it kill them to compete price wise with Walmart?

They can't compete with WM because WM has a larger warchest to buy more merchandise from vendors in greater quantities than other retailers. And WM bullies vendors into giving them a bigger discount by threatening to stop buying their stuff if they don't acquiesce. They also pay their employees shite. That gives WM the edge in offering lower prices that KMart can't match.

• Like 1

K-Mart's biggest problem is they don't seem to care. It's a shame they have to take Sears with them when they go.

Sears owns Kmart ....You make it sound like its the other way around

Actually it IS the other way around , they just decided to use the name Sears Holdings :

Kmart, sometimes styled as "K-Mart," is a chain of discount stores headquartered in the United States. The chain acquired Sears in 2005, forming a new corporation under the name Sears Holdings Corporation

• Like 2

haven't had a K-mart here in town since 98 I remember my mom used to buy me so many toys at the bargain bins and sales as for sears they haven't had toys since 2004 the sears in town sells nothing but furniture I'm not even sure if they're still up and running since they are or were on the otherside of town

I'll find something once in a blue moon at K Mart and only buy it if I'm relatively certain I won't see it somewhere else for less.

I heard Sears' big mistake was not having shopping carts, which seems like a little thing, but makes sense.

Apparently a bunch of Hot Topics are closing too. Sucks because while I am not goth or anything like that they did have some awesome video game/cartoon related t-shirts! I don't have the heart to call my HT and ask if they are closing. I called a TRU by my house when they were closing stores and the guy I talked to started freaking out, screaming at the manager because it was the first he had heard of the closings. He asked how I heard about it and I told him I read it online and he said "So what you are just calling all the stores and ruining their days freaking them out?"