DC All-Stars Wave 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Soft-goods clothing over a standard buck body, minor accessories done in cheap plastic, and a sculpted head.   Double the asking price of retail... standard Matty proc

Seriously? A whole thread full of people trash-talking Matty... and I get the only Negative?

Yeah, it does actually.   God forbid should people understand what they're complaining about.

Toy Fair is a little over a month away. I wonder if we'll see Wave 3 there.

I don't know, but I would'nt hold my breath. We're already two waves in spoiler-wise. Giving us the skinny on a third could happen, but it's a stretch. The most I'd look for is a teaser or two during the slide show.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out though. Ever since San Diego, Matty's focus has been the subscription service with very little spot-light on the All-Stars. Fortunately, TF is a trade show, so they'll have to play to the retailers now. Hence, play up the retail line.

Come to think of it, we may get a third wave reveal after all. ;)

Wow 6 negatives because i told you not to buy them if they are too much? The whole point was for you to vote with your dollars,they will be forced to change their strategy . I am a completist I have to have them all so it doesn't matter to me.

Pretty much. Take comfort in the fact that attaching a negative doesn't make it any less true.

Anyway, yes, you shouldn't buy things you can't afford, but if you think "voting with your dollar" is gonna drop the price of these things you might wanna try another strategy, especially since Mattel has the full confidence of DC Comics and DC Universe Classics is a drop in the bucket to both of them.

• Like 5

Wow 6 negatives because i told you not to buy them if they are too much? The whole point was for you to vote with your dollars,they will be forced to change their strategy . I am a completist I have to have them all so it doesn't matter to me.

Telling angry toy collectors to stop buying toys they are complaining about is akin to telling a crackhead who's life is ruined by crack to quit. Toy collecting can be addicting.

Agreed. My brother bought me a Star Wars Lego set as a gag gift for Christmas and I told him to stop feeding my addiction.

True story.

• Like 1

Telling angry toy collectors to stop buying toys they are complaining about is akin to telling a crackhead who's life is ruined by crack to quit. Toy collecting can be addicting.

Agreed. My brother bought me a Star Wars Lego set as a gag gift for Christmas and I told him to stop feeding my addiction.

True story.

I would'nt know, some of us aren't addicted.

... but there are a few who should seek professional help.

• Like 4

True story.

I would'nt know, some of us aren't addicted.

... but there are a few who should seek professional help.

While that is true, this is the internet where anyone can say annything. Regardless, it is irrelevent on who here is addicted and who is not. My point is that those who tend to complain, but end up buying the figure anyway might be addicted to toy collecting, hence the negative feedback other people get when they give the logical response of don't like it, don't buy it. They are other reasons too such as the way the commentator gave his response or simply people love to complain as aa a way to vent. Venting can make a person feel better so yeah....

• Like 2

Pretty much. Take comfort in the fact that attaching a negative doesn't make it any less true.

Anyway, yes, you shouldn't buy things you can't afford, but if you think "voting with your dollar" is gonna drop the price of these things you might wanna try another strategy, especially since Mattel has the full confidence of DC Comics and DC Universe Classics is a drop in the bucket to both of them.

Actually not true seeing as mattel is dropping prices on the young justice line do to the price point being to much for collectors.

• Like 1