DC All-Stars Wave 2

Dragon66

I personally like this wave, I don't understand the same people complain about every wave but then once the wave comes out they are all over every figure and complaining about what they can't find or when they do they buy the whole wave. People trashed the rainbow lantern wave yet so many people were tracking it down and reporting on what they found or who they were looking for. I like the new comics and I like the new figures so I will pick them up.

A lot of ppl like to complain

• Like 3

People people.....gas or oil has never had that much of an influance on the price of plastic. If this were true then the price of ALL THINGS PLASTIC would have steadily increased over the decades the way they have the last few years. Don't you find it odd that around the same time the 70ies & 80ies era are found to be cash cows....toys based of their continuity suddenly experiance. 50-100% price hike? There are no coincidances. If anything China getting a minium wage for the 1st time in history has more to do with price increase that "big oil".

The DC lic is the real culprit here. That & the unending demand for more POA & a sculpt that won't be compromised by said POA. Mattel has had it with unrealistic demands from fans. On one hand they wax poetic about the "good ol days" when toys were "good"....yet they seem to forget that toys were also no where near as detailed as todays (altho there are some exceptions). Face it.....big oil is or was just an excuse thought up by either fans wanting to justify forking out crazy amounts of money for toys they want & not feeling like a fool for having done so......or the toy companies themself.

Think I'm wrong.......then I invite you to take a trip down the K.O. toy ile. Big ass boxes of trucks....farm equipment.....municipale vehicles.......millitary convoys.......huge bags of army men! & all for under $20 per set! No lic.....no price hike. & no lame excuse about big oil.

Such a shame. Here you make a valid point but back on the other thread you were OFF. You are right, the price of oil isn't the cause of the price of figures, I was in TRU during the holidays and looked at all those big giant dump trucks or those knock off Joe sets and the prices were the same for a DC figure. Wait till the new Marvel Legends hit as well because they are priced higher than the DC stuff. The price of the Marvel stuff is bad news for DC buyers because then Mattel will justify a price hike to match ML.

Peace to all the Gary fans and please use your ball point pens.

• Like 1

I personally like this wave, I don't understand the same people complain about every wave but then once the wave comes out they are all over every figure and complaining about what they can't find or when they do they buy the whole wave. People trashed the rainbow lantern wave yet so many people were tracking it down and reporting on what they found or who they were looking for. I like the new comics and I like the new figures so I will pick them up.

A lot of ppl like to complain

Yeah I agree. I'm glad the baf program is done. I think all my "must haves" have been made, so if something comes out that is cool like a kingdom come batman then i'll buy it. If not, im fine without them. I'm very happy they made all the superfriends and legion of doom, and just about every classic jsa. I also liked the kirby stuff. If i can find the few sub figures cheap on ebay that would be good. But since the line is basically finished I'll be customizing the few figures yet to be made.

• Like 1

Im just disapointed in the sculpts they went with. Although im fine with the larger Red Robin, he will go well with my kingdom come figures. The other three are a waste of space to me, I supose Larfleeze and Prime from wave one are flukes.

Wait till the new Marvel Legends hit as well because they are priced higher than the DC stuff. The price of the Marvel stuff is bad news for DC buyers because then Mattel will justify a price hike to match ML.

If that winds up being true, a lot of people will definitely be disappointed. Pretty soon Scrooge McDuck is going to be the only guy who can afford to collect figures anymore.

• Like 1

I thought the new Legends had a suggested retail of 14.99, did they go up in a press release?

I heard that to. It makes since, just coming outta the gate you'd want to under-cut the competition.

On BBTS some are listed as 19.99(certain characters.

Thats not unusual but I heard they were $14.99 at retail too.

BBTS and other online retailers charge more than suggested retail they have to to make a buck. $14.99 is the sugested retail.

Draven

That's why I often wonder whay people think it's so great to buy online.

"Haha suckers. I bought my figure online while you guys wasted gas going to Target!"

Yeah, and spent $10-$20 more out of pocket for your figure :rolleyes:

Anyone know what topic we can drift into next? What are ya all having for breakfast tomorrow? @smilepunch@

• Like 1

BBTS and other online retailers charge more than suggested retail they have to to make a buck. $14.99 is the sugested retail.

Draven

That's why I often wonder whay people think it's so great to buy online.

"Haha suckers. I bought my figure online while you guys wasted gas going to Target!"

Yeah, and spent $10-$20 more out of pocket for your figure :rolleyes:

Anyone know what topic we can drift into next? What are ya all having for breakfast tomorrow? @smilepunch@

I think it depends on where you live. Online is good if you live in a scrapper-feast city lik sf or ny where the popular toys are hard to come by, whereas it is better to buy stuff offline if you have easy access to these.figures. Sometime paying 5 dollars more for a toy is better than spending hours looking for that same toy. Depends on your environment.

For example, Batman is hard to come by where I live. I just got the silver age legacy ver with stand on eBay for 8 dollars free shipping. Weeks before, I got bat mite for 8 dollars free shipping. That is 16 bucks, the same cost as retail. However, I couldn't find him at retail. Also, you can get deals online like on eBay.

Wow 6 negatives because i told you not to buy them if they are too much? The whole point was for you to vote with your dollars,they will be forced to change their strategy . I am a completist I have to have them all so it doesn't matter to me.

Telling angry toy collectors to stop buying toys they are complaining about is akin to telling a crackhead who's life is ruined by crack to quit. Toy collecting can be addicting.

• Like 1

Wow 6 negatives because i told you not to buy them if they are too much? The whole point was for you to vote with your dollars,they will be forced to change their strategy . I am a completist I have to have them all so it doesn't matter to me.

Telling angry toy collectors to stop buying toys they are complaining about is akin to telling a crackhead who's life is ruined by crack to quit. Toy collecting can be addicting.

Glad I'm not addicted....

Pretty much. Take comfort in the fact that attaching a negative doesn't make it any less true.

Anyway, yes, you shouldn't buy things you can't afford, but if you think "voting with your dollar" is gonna drop the price of these things you might wanna try another strategy, especially since Mattel has the full confidence of DC Comics and DC Universe Classics is a drop in the bucket to both of them.

• Like 5

Agreed. My brother bought me a Star Wars Lego set as a gag gift for Christmas and I told him to stop feeding my addiction.

True story.

• Like 1

Agreed. My brother bought me a Star Wars Lego set as a gag gift for Christmas and I told him to stop feeding my addiction.

True story.

I would'nt know, some of us aren't addicted.

... but there are a few who should seek professional help.

While that is true, this is the internet where anyone can say annything. Regardless, it is irrelevent on who here is addicted and who is not. My point is that those who tend to complain, but end up buying the figure anyway might be addicted to toy collecting, hence the negative feedback other people get when they give the logical response of don't like it, don't buy it. They are other reasons too such as the way the commentator gave his response or simply people love to complain as aa a way to vent. Venting can make a person feel better so yeah....

• Like 2

Pretty much. Take comfort in the fact that attaching a negative doesn't make it any less true.

Anyway, yes, you shouldn't buy things you can't afford, but if you think "voting with your dollar" is gonna drop the price of these things you might wanna try another strategy, especially since Mattel has the full confidence of DC Comics and DC Universe Classics is a drop in the bucket to both of them.

Actually not true seeing as mattel is dropping prices on the young justice line do to the price point being to much for collectors.

• Like 1