The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Wheeljack35

It's WAAAAAY early, but I was very underwhelmed.

In all honesty, the football scene looked stupid.

Christian Bale looks scrawny, as if he hadn't yet recovered from filming "The Fighter."

Bane, as has been discussed before, looks moronic. Bane is supposed to be huge; this guy is big, but not that big.

The fight scene in front of City Hall looks phony.

And Anne Hathaway...uggh.

Again...it's early. But the 3rd movie is often the bad one.

His mask is more Mortal Kombat Cosplay than Bane, in Wrong TurnEliza Dushku spoke clearer than this guy... with a belt in her mouth, and on the whole the actor is more painful to watch than Mickey Rourke in IM2, but I must admit, that Andy Travis '70's lambskin coat really cements Bane's look. I just hope the boys at DC are paying attention.

It's hilarious that people continue to harp on Bane's look (rightfully so in some instances) but say absolutely nothing about the fact that (from the looks of the trailer) he's kicked Batman's ass six ways to Sunday and just about taken over Gotham... exactly what Bane did in the comics 20 years ago.

I just hope the boys at DC are paying attention... and give Nolan a medal for hitting Bane's character to a T.

• Like 1

This info is apparently from the TDKR Facebook community. Somebody named Bilal Bhatti spilled these beans:

"Here are the Wally UPCs for the TDKR Movie Master figures

Batman - 74677507265

Catwoman - 74677507266

Bane - 74677507268

Ras - 74677507267

GCPD Blake - 74677507271

Alfred - 74677507272

TDKR 6 Fig Ast 74677507264 $15.97"

Can someone validate, and/or authenticate?

• Like 2

Well, Batman Begins was pretty good, just a little slow.. and I loved the Dark Knight... so I have faith that this will be a pretty good movie, if not great.

The trailer is decent. Bane sucks, but the story is intriguing

Looking forward to that movie master line, as much as I dislike Mattel. MM figures get props for life-like proportions and different body sculpts (rare features in the DCUC line).

From the trailer, looks like this will not be your swinging-through-the-city-fighting-crime Batman movie, and that's OK. We've had them before and we will have them again. I'm more interested in getting a satisfying conclusion to this trilogy than a "classic" Batman story. I won't call the trailer mind blowing, but it is interesting and I can't wait to see the movie!

It's WAAAAAY early, but I was very underwhelmed.

Christian Bale looks scrawny, as if he hadn't yet recovered from filming "The Fighter."

according to this he's scrawny because of him not being neede for a number of years(8 to be specific) so he's older and a bit out of shape http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32527

If this is true, maybe that just speaks to the whole "Batman attracts freaks" angle of the story. Batman disappears, so do the freaks.

I've always thought a story that incorporated elements of Knightfall, No Man's Land, and The Dark Knight Returns would work better without them anyway...

Where are they keeping the Joker during all of this anyway?

The%20Dark%20Knight%20Returns%20Fan%20Cast%20Joker.jpg

If this is true, maybe that just speaks to the whole "Batman attracts freaks" angle of the story. Batman disappears, so do the freaks.

Where are they keeping the Joker during all of this anyway?

Jail he's gotta have a life sentence for all the stuff he did in the last film