G.I. Joe Sub Service - Barrel Roll Close-Up Shot

The Wire

Man...I'd like this figure so much better if his jetpack was grey like his helmet and boots. I still like it pretty good, I just don't care for all the brown. I am glad Hasbro's doing Spy Troops/VvsV-based figures. There were some good ideas in those lines, just not executed so well in some cases. I'd love to see club exclusive Spy Troops Roadblock and the GvsC Wild Bill. Those were two of the diamonds in the rough so to speak.

Anyone else getting tired of seeing pics of figures we've all seen before yet still NO pricing info?

This just comes across as the guy at the pawn shop showing you a nice watch. They keep showing it to you, showing the little features, and the 'quality craftsmanship', and then they dump the price on you and it's beyond ridiculous. But you've been looking at how great it is for so long, and you think you can't do without out, so you go ahead with the 'it's a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it is a really great product' line and you convince yourself to buy it. Then you get it home and show your friends and they're into it, so you feel great about the purchase. And then about three days later, you're looking at it again, wishing you had money for something else saying to yourself 'why did I spend so much on this piece of crap? My Timex was doing just fine.'

I'm sure we'll get some more close ups for the next few weeks to help win us over, and then they'll drop the boom on us. I'm pretty sure someone out there will be posting 'it's a little more than I wanted to pay, BUT...' @loll@

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting tired of seeing pics of figures we've all seen before yet still NO pricing info?

This just comes across as the guy at the pawn shop showing you a nice watch. They keep showing it to you, showing the little features, and the 'quality craftsmanship', and then they dump the price on you and it's beyond ridiculous. But you've been looking at how great it is for so long, and you think you can't do without out, so you go ahead with the 'it's a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it is a really great product' line and you convince yourself to buy it. Then you get it home and show your friends and they're into it, so you feel great about the purchase. And then about three days later, you're looking at it again, wishing you had money for something else saying to yourself 'why did I spend so much on this piece of crap? My Timex was doing just fine.'

I'm sure we'll get some more close ups for the next few weeks to help win us over, and then they'll drop the boom on us. I'm pretty sure someone out there will be posting 'it's a little more than I wanted to pay, BUT...' @loll@

I agree with that.

I've set my spending budget for the next year and I didn't make room for the G.I.Joe subscription.

They should have released the price months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I have to agree with some folks here that while these figures definitely look nice, I'm really not planning on them being affordable. I understand the club's model and how it has to be more expensive to break even. I appreciate what the club does in terms of making fan favorite characters or releasing never before released tooling and figures. I still cannot convince myself to pay at least 3-4 times what a standard G.I. Joe costs. $10-12 each, I could do that for a great deal of figures and might subscribe. $15- I might pick up a few here and there. $20-25 for a 1/18th figure? Sorry, there's no way. Maybe the club is really working out ways to make these more cost effective. In my opinion, art and packaging wouldn't be necessary. I'm interested in hearing the prices, but like 99% of what the club has released, I decided I didn't need it at first glance to save myself the trouble.