G.I. Joe Retaliation Trailer

The Wire

. Last friday a co-worker was at my house, pointed at a DIC animation cell of Cobra Commander wearing his hood and said "Cool, Snake-Eyes". SO if a 32 year old guy can't tell the difference between CC and S-E

wow just wow even my friend Sylvain knows the difference between them and he's never watched the original cartoons

I love how they're keeping Cobra Commander actor a secret!!! it may be an unknown and just use a voice over, or someone big could be in there?? Who knows??

What do you guys think???

I'll be pretending its Hugo Weaving just to make CC even more bad ass in my mind, can't beat Hugo AND he can work from behind a mask

I can dream @smilepunch@

Incidentally to chime in on the SE costume, does anyone else think it looks like a Resolute SE outfit? Its got the chin guard and the shoulder armor at least.

Truth be told I do agree on largely with what you've said in regards to the films and toys and typically many of your posts and opinions are humorous although in this instance you

could have used a bit more tact in expressing your views and opinions regarding this matter.

More tact? @hmmm@ Let's see, my first comment I expressed on this matter was "Snake Eyes still looks rubbery....like the Thing in the F4 movies." Was that so hurtful? Then I was complimentary of the theme music used in the trailer because it has a James Bond sound to it which I like. Was that over the top?

Then Buzzchuck KJ took exception to the rubbery suit critiques and posted a lecture on getting over it and why it's apparently necessary to have the rubbery look? So I defended my dislike of the rubbery suit. Was that a no no?

Then came the dreaded response to your assertion of "Is there a particular reason why he can't wear a form fitting suit given the fact that's he's worn them in various Joe mediums? Not to mention its much easier passing off the rubbery

suit as something more durable and protective as oppose to a sweater." to which I must have offended you by asking "What would be the reason for Snake Eyes to have a rubbery "durable and protective" outfit on and not everyone else? He's a Commando...not Batman!" and I provided a picture of how I would much prefer a movie Snake Eyes to look...

snake_eyes_v1_gi_joe_25th_anniversary.jpg

It's a standard Joe uniform, only in BLACK and a cool face covering to hide his scarred face. You're telling me there aren't enough muscle heads out there in Hollywood that could fill out a uniform enough (with muscles) so they wouldn't have to use a rubbery suit on someone to play a mute? @haha@

I don't think I've been over the top here, let alone lacking in tact. You've carried yourself as being the holder of all logic and wisdom and the educator of stupid Joe fans. Evidenced by the rude remark to belmont13 who commented "I'm surprised no one has mentioned the lack of Ripcord Wayans in the trailer which is the biggest plus." to which you felt it necessary to comeback with...

"Umm, that's because Marlon Wayans isn't in the movie, thats why theres a lack of him."

#WTF#

Was that "tactful"?

I mean, if a few of you are hot on CLAMS ass and dog-piling on everything he posts for personal reasons, I'm out of that loop, but other than that, I just wanted to make an opinion on the SE outfit and heavy rubber look to it. I don't like it. There's no "getting over it" and there's no amount of reasoning behind why others think it's necessary that will change that. It's my own little personal opinion on the aesthetics of it. If it's always going to be a rubber fake muscle suit, then I will never like it. I didn't pan the whole movie preview and actually think it looks pretty decent. The SE suit thing seems to be the going rant right now. @haha@

• Like 2

I love how they're keeping Cobra Commander actor a secret!!! it may be an unknown and just use a voice over, or someone big could be in there?? Who knows??

What do you guys think???

I'll be pretending its Hugo Weaving just to make CC even more bad ass in my mind, can't beat Hugo AND he can work from behind a mask

I can dream @smilepunch@

That wouldn't be too far off. He's already voiced one Hasbro villain leader, why not another??? Plus he's the voice behind V as well, so he could do both the person in the suit and the voice???

Speaking of voices, I gotta tell ya, no matter what, the late Chris Latta will never be replaced as the voice of Cobra Commander!!! He was perfect in the role!!! No one has ever come close in the cartoons, even they try!!! Just had to add that!!!

So, just out of curiosity, how does everyone feel about Snake Eyes wearing the rubber suit? @smilepunch@

• Like 1

So, just out of curiosity, how does everyone feel about Snake Eyes wearing the rubber suit? @smilepunch@

No!! No more discussion on the suit!! No more quoting long ass replies and wasting bandwidth!!! LOL!!!

Just agree to disagree!!!!

• Like 1

@loll@

If I can put it as "tactfully" as I possibly can......it SUCKS! @smilepunch@

Now ask us how we feel about people that get all bent out of shape and indignant to our opinion about that rubber suit. ;)

• Like 2

What I like so far in the movie trailer:

The ROCK!

CC in more traditional outfit!

Ray Stevenson as Firefly!

New characters showing up like Jinx, Flint and Lady Jaye!

No Ripcord or at least no Wayans fool playing him!

Bruce Willis!

The theme music (by White Stripes) is pretty cool!

Traditional vehicles making an appearance!

Less Channing Tatum? I like the character Duke, but not as Tatum plays him!

What I've criticized so far:

Rubber clad Snake Eyes! oh my! :o

• Like 2

:P

and whiners are gonna whine,

crybabys are gonna cry,

bitches are gonna #@$#@,

blowhards are gonna blow,

suck ups are gonna suck,

know-it-alls are gonna think they know-it-all!

@haha@

It's a vicious cycle I tells ya.

• Like 1

While looking up some various images of Snake Eyes, I came across this image of a fan's costume (mock-up) of SE and maybe I'd be the only one thinking this, but i find it to be way more appealing in looks than what they've come up with for the movie version?

snakeeyescostume.jpg

• Like 2

Truth be told I do agree on largely with what you've said in regards to the films and toys and typically many of your posts and opinions are humorous although in this instance you

could have used a bit more tact in expressing your views and opinions regarding this matter.

More tact? @hmmm@ Let's see, my first comment I expressed on this matter was "Snake Eyes still looks rubbery....like the Thing in the F4 movies." Was that so hurtful? Then I was complimentary of the theme music used in the trailer because it has a James Bond sound to it which I like. Was that over the top?

Then Buzzchuck KJ took exception to the rubbery suit critiques and posted a lecture on getting over it and why it's apparently necessary to have the rubbery look? So I defended my dislike of the rubbery suit. Was that a no no?

Then came the dreaded response to your assertion of "Is there a particular reason why he can't wear a form fitting suit given the fact that's he's worn them in various Joe mediums? Not to mention its much easier passing off the rubbery

suit as something more durable and protective as oppose to a sweater." to which I must have offended you by asking "What would be the reason for Snake Eyes to have a rubbery "durable and protective" outfit on and not everyone else? He's a Commando...not Batman!" and I provided a picture of how I would much prefer a movie Snake Eyes to look...

Yes, tact, because you apparently don't know what that entails. Suffice to say I was under the impression we moved

pass this and yet from my last response to you, the only thing you found the need to expound upon was my comment

regarding your lack of tact. So allow me to provide a few examples.....

For starters...don't tell us what to do.  If we don't like the stupid rubber suit on what should be a COMMANDO (not a fricken super hero as you lumped him with) then we simply don't like it. There's nothing to "get over", it will be what it is regardless of our opinion and our OPINION is what we're here to discuss. The movies been made whether we approve of EVERY detail of it or not. You like the suit, think it looks cool? Well hot damn....that's great, because that's what we're getting. What should you care then if some of us think it looks a little stupid, fake and bulky for a COMMANDO that wears a mask to cover his scarred face? Even a ninja wouldn't want to have all that restrictive rubber all over them.

What would be the reason for Snake Eyes to have a rubbery "durable and protective" outfit on and not everyone else? He's a Commando...not Batman!

Does every post have to begin with um? Just spit it out. I provided the image of what I would LIKE to see a movie version Snake Eyes look like. It's fairly simple...no stupid rubber suit

You apparently felt the need to rant at Buzzchuck's reply despite the fact that it wasn't a response particularly aimed

towards you. Then came your totally unnecessary and condescending replies to me as if I denigrating your initial opinion

regarding SE. Ironically enough you continue on with the condescending rebuttals even with this response, so pardon me

if I overlooked your tact? :rolleyes:

I don't think I've been over the top here, let alone lacking in tact. You've carried yourself as being the holder of all logic and wisdom and the educator of stupid Joe fans. Evidenced by the rude remark to belmont13 who commented "I'm surprised no one has mentioned the lack of Ripcord Wayans in the trailer which is the biggest plus." to which you felt it necessary to comeback with...

"Umm, that's because Marlon Wayans isn't in the movie, thats why theres a lack of him."

#WTF#

Was that "tactful"?

Wow, you're truly stretching my replies now to justify things aren't you? To read that much into my replies means that you

are either deluded or very sensitive. What's also interesting is that even belmont apparently didn't take some offense(as far as I know) and even

wolverine2281 corrected my misunderstanding of belmont's reply, and yet for some strange reason only you read deeper

into the reply and actually took it offensively. #WTF#

So again, please point out how I carried myself as the holder of logic and wisdom and educator to quote on quote "stupid Joe fans"? Because

that weak belmont quote just isn't cutting it, because if that response alone proves that I myself wasn't being tactful, it only reinforces the idea that you

weren't tactful, despite your claims to the contrary. So again, how did my personal opinions regarding SE suddenly translate into me

becoming this so-called purveyor of G.I.Joe logic and wisdom? @loll@

I mean, if a few of you are hot on CLAMS ass and dog-piling on everything he posts for personal reasons,

Actually, I can only speak for myself, not other posters, which is something you should have done as oppose to speaking in the behalf of CLAM

or belmont. I was however curious as to why CLAM was so overly critical of a mere trailer though, but whatever. Yet its like I said, CLAM can speak

for himself and my replies towards him weren't personal to say the least, if anything I could have taken the fact that I was misquoted as personal, but

I didn't.

I'm out of that loop, but other than that, I just wanted to make an opinion on the SE outfit and heavy rubber look to it. I don't like it. There's no "getting over it" and there's no amount of reasoning behind why others think it's necessary that will change that. It's my own little personal opinion on the aesthetics of it. If it's always going to be a rubber fake muscle suit, then I will never like it. I didn't pan the whole movie preview and actually think it looks pretty decent. The SE suit thing seems to be the going rant right now. @haha@

We know this, you've made that abundantly clear, so why the hell are you still ranting about it? You're actually harboring sour grapes because another

poster told the SE naysayers to "get over it"? :huh:

• Like 1

We know this, you've made that abundantly clear, so why the hell are you still ranting about it? You're actually harboring sour grapes because another

poster told the SE naysayers to "get over it"? :huh:

Wow! Do you practice what you preach or not? You could have ended the rant yourself, but decided to go on another quote by quote rant of your own (act like a hypocrit much?) and then you have the arrogance to accuse me on the very same thing you are doing? @loll@ You blowhards are a dime-a-dozen and I'm not talking about people that post nasty criticisms about toys and movie characters, but the ones that want to criticize people.....for criticizing toys and movie characters. I have no "sour grapes" towards Buzzchuck KJ. I made my position pretty clear (right?) and if I have "sour grapes" over being told to

"get over" my dislike of the rubbery look of the movie SE, what the heck is your excuse for taking on me?

Just what I thought. You like to dish it out, but can't take anything in return. Maybe if you people would learn to make your opinions non-personal and without beating somebody over the head about theirs, you'd get along much better with the other members. If people don't mind the rubbery suit (and many here have said as much without any personalized attack on it) then that's all they have to post. You apparently don't like being criticized or told what to do...so why should you begrudge others for the same thing? Practice what you preach and treat others the way you DEMAND to be treated yourself. Fair enough?

• Like 1

Well, I asked Snake-Eyes what he thought of his costume in the movie and he was speechless "..."

Now THAT.....was funny! ;)

Agreed.

Wonder if they're going to leave Destro out of this one as well? Christopher Eccleston was a lousy one.

Agreed.

Wonder if they're going to leave Destro out of this one as well? Christopher Eccleston was a lousy one.

Rather see him back as Destro, Then arab version of Breaker.@wink@

Agreed.

Rather see him back as Destro, Then arab version of Breaker.@wink@

I was more indifferent to the Destro than I was to Breaker, although the whole "Arab's can be Real American Hero's too" crusade launched by Hollywood (at the time) was pretty annoying, I'd still take Breaker over Destro.

Agreed.

How Gerard Butler was never cast as Destro I'll never know..........he can also be somewhat physical looking when he wants to be as well.......and he just happens to be Scottish!!!

How Gerard Butler was never cast as Destro I'll never know..........he can also be somewhat physical looking when he wants to be as well.

Hadn't thought of him, but that would have been a GREAT choice.