G.I. Joe Retaliation Trailer

The Wire

Screw the other Joes? you do realize that some fans are upset that many of the Joes don't look like their animated

counterparts. Joes that go into battle sporting football and baseball jerseys. Heck if you're going to complain about

the Joes lack of protection in connection to SE you might as well also complain why the rest of them aren't running into battle and fighting

terrorism with a sword, unlike SE. @loll@

I simply asked why SE should have all the protective rubbery gear, when the other Joes do not? I mean, that was the reason given as to what the rubbery suit was suppose to be for (if you were following the sequence of comments?) so I obviously had to question why only SE would get to sport that fancy dancy rubber protection and not the other Joes? Now I'm intellectualizing and you're trying to make it all so simple. @loll@

Personally, I WOULD like to see the Joes looking more like they did in the toyline, comics and cartoon. I mean, I am of fan of G.I.Joe ARAH so I would have to question why anybody would want any less, if they're into it as well?

I'm not as anal retentive about film costumes as others are. The only thing I didn't like about Snake Eyes in ROC was the mouth indent on the mask, which turned a badass commando into a Power Ranger wannabe.

From the previews...I'm not seeing much difference. He still looks like a Power Rangers wannabe. ;)

• Like 1

Does every post have to begin with um? Just spit it out.

That's because not every post I make begins with um. Unless 3 "um" out of 11 posts suddenly translates to "every post"

I do however wonder if all of your post consist of you getting worked up over some of the most trivial matters.

Isn't 3 out of 11 enough?

Not really, but its clearly your breaking point seeing as how 3/11 equates to every post, but whatever.

Why so adamant about such a trivial matter? I made my point about the rubber suit and moved on. It was only after that point was challenged and argued over that I came back to reflect on it further. It's usually how discussions go or progress around here. I hardly think there's ever a right way or wrong way to share opinions about stuff like this (toys and movies and what we think of them) so trying to intellectualize over this stuff seems pretty silly to me. I think the movie looks great...just think Snake Eyes sucks and looks as stupid as he did in the first one.

What gives you the impression I'm so "adamant", I'm merely replying to your rebuttals, isn't that how discussions go and/or progress around here? @smilepunch@

Truth be told I do agree on largely with what you've said in regards to the films and toys and typically many of your posts and opinions are humorous although in this instance you

could have used a bit more tact in expressing your views and opinions regarding this matter. Regardless of the current look of the characters I agree that this film looks to be

better than the previous one.

I simply asked why SE should have all the protective rubbery gear, when the other Joes do not? I mean, that was the reason given as to what the rubbery suit was suppose to be for (if you were following the sequence of comments?) so I obviously had to question why only SE would get to sport that fancy dancy rubber protection and not the other Joes? Now I'm intellectualizing and you're trying to make it all so simple.

Personally, I WOULD like to see the Joes looking more like they did in the toyline, comics and cartoon. I mean, I am of fan of G.I.Joe ARAH so I would have to question why anybody would want any less, if they're into it as well?

Isn't SE suit suppose to double as a wet suit as well? it looks as though it could, but I digress. Given the fact that todays audience is so enamored with realism I'm not sure that the ARAH looks would fly, perhaps as casual attire,

but not something worn into battle. While I agree it would be rather cool seeing them in such attire.

Get over the rubbery suit. You can't make a skin tight outfit look good without it being rubbery. (Batman, Spider-man, Snake-Eyes) It's never going to be the Marvel Comic or Sunbow Cartoon. They have to make changes to translate things into movies. I'm sure firefly doesn't wear a mask in most of it because they hate hiding people's faces in movies because the majority of the acting people do is with their face. That's why the Green Goblin's "eyes" open up in Spider-man and why Bane in the new Batman movie has a more open mask then in the comics.

Why would Snake Eyes have to be wearing a skin-tight suit? He isn't a superhero in spandex. I think they should have made him look like the all black POC figure.. you know, the amazing one.. (he wears a sweater).

As for Firefly.. even without the mask, he doesn't look like FF. He is wearing a leather jacket or something... he could at least have some grey camo paramilitary type gear on... give the dude a beanie that pulls down like a ski-mask for when he is doing his sabotage thing... etc

Is there a particular reason why he can't wear a form fitting suit given the fact that's he's

worn them in various Joe mediums? Not to mention its much easier passing off the rubbery

suit as something more durable and protective as oppose to a sweater. As for Firefly, given

the fact that no one has seen the film yet, you can't draw such a premature conclusion

based on a trailer under 3 minutes long. Perhaps he will have a more traditional Firefly look

in the span of the film.

uh.. I never said he can't wear a form fitting suit. I said the rubber looks dumb. You implied that he has to wear it because you can't make a skin tight suit without it being rubbery. So I am saying if they can't do a skin-tight suit well (i.e. the rubber looks like crap), then why not go with something else

I think they could do a skin-tight suit well without it being rubber anyhow. Spidey does not look like he is wearing rubber

Uh, I never explicitly claimed that you did, which was why I asked in the form of a question. Although it becomes

clear that you have a problem with the skin tight look either way as you inherently associated it with the superhero genre.

I also never implied that a skin tight can only be made rubbery, I was merely drawing the contrast of the rubbery and sweater look.

The only critic I would have regarding the rubber is that it makes him look a bit bulkier than he should be.

holy crap... what the heck are you on man? lol You never implied that a skin-tight suit can only be made rubbery?? read directly above from your quote

"Get over the rubbery suit. You can't make a skin tight outfit look good without it being rubbery." - azrael23

so uh... WHAT?

and I never said that I have a problem with a skin-tight look.... I love the superhero genre...

nevermind... I don't think I can get my point through to you

Get over the rubbery suit. You can't make a skin tight outfit look good without it being rubbery. (Batman, Spider-man, Snake-Eyes) It's never going to be the Marvel Comic or Sunbow Cartoon. They have to make changes to translate things into movies. I'm sure firefly doesn't wear a mask in most of it because they hate hiding people's faces in movies because the majority of the acting people do is with their face. That's why the Green Goblin's "eyes" open up in Spider-man and why Bane in the new Batman movie has a more open mask then in the comics.

Why would Snake Eyes have to be wearing a skin-tight suit? He isn't a superhero in spandex. I think they should have made him look like the all black POC figure.. you know, the amazing one.. (he wears a sweater).

As for Firefly.. even without the mask, he doesn't look like FF. He is wearing a leather jacket or something... he could at least have some grey camo paramilitary type gear on... give the dude a beanie that pulls down like a ski-mask for when he is doing his sabotage thing... etc

Is there a particular reason why he can't wear a form fitting suit given the fact that's he's

worn them in various Joe mediums? Not to mention its much easier passing off the rubbery

suit as something more durable and protective as oppose to a sweater. As for Firefly, given

the fact that no one has seen the film yet, you can't draw such a premature conclusion

based on a trailer under 3 minutes long. Perhaps he will have a more traditional Firefly look

in the span of the film.

uh.. I never said he can't wear a form fitting suit. I said the rubber looks dumb. You implied that he has to wear it because you can't make a skin tight suit without it being rubbery. So I am saying if they can't do a skin-tight suit well (i.e. the rubber looks like crap), then why not go with something else

I think they could do a skin-tight suit well without it being rubber anyhow. Spidey does not look like he is wearing rubber

Uh, I never explicitly claimed that you did, which was why I asked in the form of a question. Although it becomes

clear that you have a problem with the skin tight look either way as you inherently associated it with the superhero genre.

I also never implied that a skin tight can only be made rubbery, I was merely drawing the contrast of the rubbery and sweater look.

The only critic I would have regarding the rubber is that it makes him look a bit bulkier than he should be.

holy crap... what the heck are you on man? lol You never implied that a skin-tight suit can only be made rubbery?? read directly above from your quote

"Get over the rubbery suit. You can't make a skin tight outfit look good without it being rubbery." - azrael23

@loll@ Dude, you need to get your quotes straight. Those were Buzzchuck KJ words, not mine (post #12). What makes

the situation even funnier is the fact that you directly replied to this exact post on page 2 of this thread (post #35). No offense

man, but are you sure you're not on anything? ;)

so uh... WHAT?

What indeed! @loll@

nevermind... I don't think I can get my point through to you

Its looking very unlikely at this point CLAM, especially if you're misquoting the wrong posters.

I can't wait for the figures.......with the way the POC/30th/Renegades lines have been looking recently we might be getting some really cool stuff.

I can also see the Jinx subscription figure's stock going up or going down.........because we are definitely going to be getting her down the line in one way or another.

I don't want to get into the "Snake-Eyes Costume" war but I don't see too many people upset about Storm Shadows costume??? I mean I don't need straight up ninja outfit but I thought they could have improved it somewhat?? Or is he just gonna be slicing dudes up in pants the whole time? @loll@

Also happy to see Flint and Lady Jaye get some big screen love..........I was always a bigger fan of both of those characters more than Duke and Scarlett.......I just hope Lady Jaye is rocking a hat at some point in the movie. How hard is it for her to rock a distressed military unit baseball hat? I'm not saying in every scene or anything....just once or twice ya know.

For the record Snake-Eyes outfit doesn't really bother me.........he was always kinda like the "super-hero" of the Joe team anyway......he's the Joe's "Wolverine"........I'm just glad the lips are gone......its whatever to me.

For the record Snake-Eyes outfit doesn't really bother me.........he was always kinda like the "super-hero" of the Joe team anyway......he's the Joe's "Wolverine"........I'm just glad the lips are gone......its whatever to me.

I wouldn't compare Snake-eyes to wolverine considering Wolverine talks alot especially to himself and his style of fighting is just going in guns blazing...err claws slashing where snake eyes is more stealthy and tends to pick targets off one at a time @loll@

The whole rubber suit bit is a necessity to have the super-ripped comic book appearance. In the comics, everyone looks like they stepped straight out of "300" or something, the problem is fabric doesn't really do that. Look at jacked up football players in their Underarmor-brand shirts. Heck, just look at the Rock in some of this films stills. You can tell they're built, but you don't see the cuts, and shirts don't get any tighter than UA. It's one of those comic physics vs real-life things that there is no simple replicating. So, they wanted a Snakes Eyes that looks like he stepped out of the comics? They have to go rubber suit. You're right though - it makes him look thicker than he should be and I think it's mainly because the suit tucks into regular pants.

Snake Eyes - the Rock notwithstanding - is really the "face" of Joe at this point. I think R.Digital means he's like Wolverine in that he's the character that always gets played up the most in the franchise. They're nothing alike as individuals, but they each are a big part of the branding. Consequently, Snakes can't just be a guy in a black commando sweater (to them).

I'm not as anal retentive about film costumes as others are. The only thing I didn't like about Snake Eyes in ROC was the mouth indent on the mask, which turned a badass commando into a Power Ranger wannabe.

From the previews...I'm not seeing much difference. He still looks like a Power Rangers wannabe. ;)

I should've said looked. He was pretty badass in ROC.

Its looking very unlikely at this point CLAM, especially if you're misquoting the wrong posters.

Another TNI moderating staff fail.

I'm loving the negative comments about these films.

If you stick around here you got the guy who took a dump on the trailer even though he missed about 20 things in it.

If you head over to the DC forum you can find a few people taking a dump on the leaked images (and some fake ones too) from The Dark Knight Rises.

And then the troll will come in and say "You wouldn't be reserving judgement if Firefly were wearing bunny ears."

• Like 1

Snake Eyes - the Rock notwithstanding - is really the "face" of Joe at this point. I think R.Digital means he's like Wolverine in that he's the character that always gets played up the most in the franchise. They're nothing alike as individuals, but they each are a big part of the branding. Consequently, Snakes can't just be a guy in a black commando sweater (to them).

Yeah, thats what I meant........

I don't get it man........I'm not saying this is the greatest thing in the history of GI Joe but I think this trailer is a pretty damn good preview of things to come for GI Joe in a cinematic sense. I don't remember this much hatred for Snake-Eyes look in ROC......I know people were upset about the lips but I don't remember this much negativity towards Snake-Eyes not being in Commando gear for ROC.

If you stick around here you got the guy who took a dump on the trailer even though he missed about 20 things in it.

I know, I was reading some other forums and peoples opinions were all over the place........I was like "What trailer were they watching?"

......I know people were upset about the lips but I don't remember this much negativity towards Snake-Eyes not being in Commando gear for ROC.

The outrage that follows these films is so selective and only helps reinforce the opinion that these people shouldn't be taken seriously and questions how much they actually know about the source material they worship.

• Like 1

Ok, Snake's outfit aside, anyone else geek out at seeing the Rattlers in formation?? OMG, loved it, my favorite Cobra vehicle of all time on the big screen!!

And although it hasn't been named yet, that cycle could be the Ram!!!!

This is one of the many things I didn't like from the first film, that they didn't use classic vehicles!!! I hope they actually call the vehicles by their proper names!!!

I just can't wait for the toy line and have 3 3/4 inch Rock and Willis! Having Bruce as a toy that size is going to be fun to make his other movie charaters.

CC looks great! Can't wait!

I liked the first movie. Yeah Tantun sucked, his relationship with Baroness was uncalled for, and CC look was stupid. But it was entertaining still as an action movie.

Looking foward to Jinx and Tunnelrat in the film and as toys.

lol... I don't know how that happened. :unsure:

sorry about the misquote and the confusion #WTF#

Its cool CLAM, its good to see your humility regarding such a mistake though :)

And then the troll will come in and say "You wouldn't be reserving judgement if Firefly were wearing bunny ears."

@loll@

Okay, kick me off the f-ing board for mentioning Batman on a GIJoe thread. If you give the Snake-Eyes v2 figure or any comic or cartoon material based on that figure to someone working in the costume department anywhere in hollywood they will produce a rubber suit. This is because it's the only way to make a skin tight costume with good muscle definition and without showing off the guys junk. I've watched tons of bonus features and commentaries on DVDs where hollywood people talk about why things are designed the way they are and so I made a comment about why those decisions are made using other characters from fairly recent movies. (I also talked about masks that cover peoples faces) It's to bad there isn't another movie about a non-traditional military team that I could reference as to why costumes are made the way they are. Maybe we should bring in George Lucas and get a CGI Snake-Eyes that looks like the 1982 action figure. Complete with rivets in his arms and a screw in his back. You are all right. He is a commando, but after 1985 they played up the ninja angle. This movie is also going with that angle. I'm so glad I don't hang out in this forum as much as I used too. Many of you have treated me and other posters like crap. We all have different opinions. It's okay. It's not insane for someone to compare one action figure/comic book character/cartoon character to another. Snake-Eyes is practically a super hero. Even if he is in a military based toy/comic. It's not the real world. Everyone likes that gijoe is different from the real army so lets not complain about the guy who is not wearing standard army equipment and is instantly recognizable as a particular character. People complained because firefly doesn;t look like firefly, but Snake-Eyes is not allowed to look like Snake-Eyes. I love how someone posted a picture of V1 S-E as proof he doesn't wear rubber. I own all 520 vintage gijoes and I own one that looks a whole lot like the rubber suit. Sorry for ranting, I had a shitty day at work and then when I relax at home and read about stuff I like on line and discuss it with fellow fans, they make me out to be stupid.

Someone on one side or another of this argument is going to call me dumb, but I would think making a non-rubber SE suit would be one of the easiest things in the world. Like someone pointed out, take the latest POC Snake Eyes and use it as a model. Make sure it's all black. Boom. Snake Eyes.

Okay, kick me off the f-ing board for mentioning Batman on a GIJoe thread. If you give the Snake-Eyes v2 figure or any comic or cartoon material based on that figure to someone working in the costume department anywhere in hollywood they will produce a rubber suit. This is because it's the only way to make a skin tight costume with good muscle definition and without showing off the guys junk. I've watched tons of bonus features and commentaries on DVDs where hollywood people talk about why things are designed the way they are and so I made a comment about why those decisions are made using other characters from fairly recent movies. (I also talked about masks that cover peoples faces) It's to bad there isn't another movie about a non-traditional military team that I could reference as to why costumes are made the way they are. Maybe we should bring in George Lucas and get a CGI Snake-Eyes that looks like the 1982 action figure. Complete with rivets in his arms and a screw in his back. You are all right. He is a commando, but after 1985 they played up the ninja angle. This movie is also going with that angle. I'm so glad I don't hang out in this forum as much as I used too. Many of you have treated me and other posters like crap. We all have different opinions. It's okay. It's not insane for someone to compare one action figure/comic book character/cartoon character to another. Snake-Eyes is practically a super hero. Even if he is in a military based toy/comic. It's not the real world. Everyone likes that gijoe is different from the real army so lets not complain about the guy who is not wearing standard army equipment and is instantly recognizable as a particular character. People complained because firefly doesn;t look like firefly, but Snake-Eyes is not allowed to look like Snake-Eyes. I love how someone posted a picture of V1 S-E as proof he doesn't wear rubber. I own all 520 vintage gijoes and I own one that looks a whole lot like the rubber suit. Sorry for ranting, I had a shitty day at work and then when I relax at home and read about stuff I like on line and discuss it with fellow fans, they make me out to be stupid.

You actually made some very valid points though, particularly when they decided to play up Snake Eyes'

ninja attributes ahead of the Commando attributes post 1985. I blame it on the ninja craze that started

to take effect when TMNT came on the scene. After which many more ninja and martial arts themed

characters/figures began to appear in G.I.Joe. So by all means blow off some steam

The funny part is, don't actually care if he looks like V1 or V2 because they are both awesome designs. If you were to hold up a picture of both of them to John Q Public he is more likely to identify the V2 look over the V1 because GIJoe was more popular in 85 than 82 and there were many more comic and cartoon appearances in the V2 style. Last friday a co-worker was at my house, pointed at a DIC animation cell of Cobra Commander wearing his hood and said "Cool, Snake-Eyes". SO if a 32 year old guy can't tell the difference between CC and S-E because he hasn't thought about GIJoe in 20 years do you think the non-GIJoe fan that walks into the movie is even going to know there is more than one "Version" of Snake-Eyes? (And people make the CC/S-E mistake a lot)