G.I. Joe Retaliation Trailer

The Wire

I don't think the first movie was that bad, it just didn't have a huge GIJoe feel to it. This one from this one teaser trailer seems to have tried to fix some of that, I just hope they don't go to overboard. The scene with the Cobra flags on the White House, although very much in tune with things we've seen in the cartoon and such, it seems to stretch realism a bit. Since we don't know the actual context of the scene I will certainly not pass any judgement at this point, just hope they don't get to corny trying to make it feel more like G.I.Joe. I am hopeful this will be a good movie and this trailer certainly continues to give me hope but the truth is we haven't seen enough at this point to really make a realistic judgement if the movie will be good or not. I've seen a lot of folks claiming this will be a great movie and others saying it will suck, when in truth no one really knows.

i think he's saying that no one has said how awesome it is that he's NOT in the movie :)

Exactly he was one of the worst aspects of the first movie.

Don't worry Belmont13 you're not alone, I also enjoyed the first movie. I'll add to an extent. However, the trailer for Retaliations

seems so much better than the first and looks like it will cater more toward the fans. Looks awesome so far and I can't wait to see it.

Thanks, my enjoyment of the first movie wasn't without some facepalming moments but they didn't completely ruin the movie for me and in most instances(mainly the action scenes) it felt like a G.I. Joe episode unlike certain franchise adaptations(Transformers movies I'm looking at you). I get CJflan32 's point sometimes criticism can be a little extreme specially visual stuff that won't overall affect the movie, I thought Storm Shadow was great in the first one regardless of the actor's nationality.

it looks pretty good but I think they're over doing the ninja thing again. I really like how CC looks in this and that there's actually Ratlers instead of bloody night ravens is a plus. why was this released on Machinima?

I still remember seeing The Rise of Cobra trailer and knowing it was going to be a bomb. If ROC didn't kill future prospects from going to see this one. I hope the movie helps bring back the toy line to full strength and that the figures look as nice as the costumes in the movie. I get more of a mix of Renegades and Pursuit of Cobra than anything else, but as a hardcore fan, I really am excited about this!

I love how they're keeping Cobra Commander actor a secret!!! it may be an unknown and just use a voice over, or someone big could be in there?? Who knows??

What do you guys think???

Yeah, it doesn't really matter who CC is. If it's Joe-schmo in a suit, so what? Innitial reaction is not "WTF" like the last movie so, again, it's a plus.

Duke, as much as I realise people aren't a fan of the "Chann", I hope he's not killed off. As long as he's alive there's hope he will be done better in future movies.

I'm not worried about the figures. Even if you hated the looks of the first movie, the figures BASED on those looks were solid. Sculpting, articulation, and most of the likenesses were all good. I just pray we don't get those huge rocket launchers with every figure again. God I hate those. I threw away every one from my POC figues.

Get over the rubbery suit. You can't make a skin tight outfit look good without it being rubbery. (Batman, Spider-man, Snake-Eyes) It's never going to be the Marvel Comic or Sunbow Cartoon. They have to make changes to translate things into movies. I'm sure firefly doesn't wear a mask in most of it because they hate hiding people's faces in movies because the majority of the acting people do is with their face. That's why the Green Goblin's "eyes" open up in Spider-man and why Bane in the new Batman movie has a more open mask then in the comics.

Why would Snake Eyes have to be wearing a skin-tight suit? He isn't a superhero in spandex. I think they should have made him look like the all black POC figure.. you know, the amazing one.. (he wears a sweater).

As for Firefly.. even without the mask, he doesn't look like FF. He is wearing a leather jacket or something... he could at least have some grey camo paramilitary type gear on... give the dude a beanie that pulls down like a ski-mask for when he is doing his sabotage thing... etc

Is there a particular reason why he can't wear a form fitting suit given the fact that's he's

worn them in various Joe mediums? Not to mention its much easier passing off the rubbery

suit as something more durable and protective as oppose to a sweater. As for Firefly, given

the fact that no one has seen the film yet, you can't draw such a premature conclusion

based on a trailer under 3 minutes long. Perhaps he will have a more traditional Firefly look

in the span of the film.

uh.. I never said he can't wear a form fitting suit. I said the rubber looks dumb. You implied that he has to wear it because you can't make a skin tight suit without it being rubbery. So I am saying if they can't do a skin-tight suit well (i.e. the rubber looks like crap), then why not go with something else

I think they could do a skin-tight suit well without it being rubber anyhow. Spidey does not look like he is wearing rubber

Get over the rubbery suit. You can't make a skin tight outfit look good without it being rubbery. (Batman, Spider-man, Snake-Eyes) It's never going to be the Marvel Comic or Sunbow Cartoon. They have to make changes to translate things into movies. I'm sure firefly doesn't wear a mask in most of it because they hate hiding people's faces in movies because the majority of the acting people do is with their face. That's why the Green Goblin's "eyes" open up in Spider-man and why Bane in the new Batman movie has a more open mask then in the comics.

Why would Snake Eyes have to be wearing a skin-tight suit? He isn't a superhero in spandex. I think they should have made him look like the all black POC figure.. you know, the amazing one.. (he wears a sweater).

As for Firefly.. even without the mask, he doesn't look like FF. He is wearing a leather jacket or something... he could at least have some grey camo paramilitary type gear on... give the dude a beanie that pulls down like a ski-mask for when he is doing his sabotage thing... etc

Is there a particular reason why he can't wear a form fitting suit given the fact that's he's

worn them in various Joe mediums? Not to mention its much easier passing off the rubbery

suit as something more durable and protective as oppose to a sweater. As for Firefly, given

the fact that no one has seen the film yet, you can't draw such a premature conclusion

based on a trailer under 3 minutes long. Perhaps he will have a more traditional Firefly look

in the span of the film.

uh.. I never said he can't wear a form fitting suit. I said the rubber looks dumb. You implied that he has to wear it because you can't make a skin tight suit without it being rubbery. So I am saying if they can't do a skin-tight suit well (i.e. the rubber looks like crap), then why not go with something else

I think they could do a skin-tight suit well without it being rubber anyhow. Spidey does not look like he is wearing rubber

Uh, I never explicitly claimed that you did, which was why I asked in the form of a question. Although it becomes

clear that you have a problem with the skin tight look either way as you inherently associated it with the superhero genre.

I also never implied that a skin tight can only be made rubbery, I was merely drawing the contrast of the rubbery and sweater look.

The only critic I would have regarding the rubber is that it makes him look a bit bulkier than he should be.

I think it looks really cool. No goofy accelerator suits. I will miss Scarlett though.

For starters...don't tell us what to do. :P If we don't like the stupid rubber suit on what should be a COMMANDO (not a fricken super hero as you lumped him with) then we simply don't like it. There's nothing to "get over", it will be what it is regardless of our opinion and our OPINION is what we're here to discuss. The movies been made whether we approve of EVERY detail of it or not. You like the suit, think it looks cool? Well hot damn....that's great, because that's what we're getting. What should you care then if some of us think it looks a little stupid, fake and bulky for a COMMANDO that wears a mask to cover his scarred face? Even a ninja wouldn't want to have all that restrictive rubber all over them.

in the span of the film.

What would be the reason for Snake Eyes to have a rubbery "durable and protective" outfit on and not everyone else? He's a Commando...not Batman!

snake_eyes_v1_gi_joe_25th_anniversary.jpg

Yeah, it doesn't really matter who CC is. If it's Joe-schmo in a suit, so what? Innitial reaction is not "WTF" like the last movie so, again, it's a plus.

Well I'd like to know!!! Like has been said before by me and the previous poster, it's either an unknown with a voice over, or a well known actor!!!

If it's a well known actor, I wonder who it could be?? If it's a voice over, who will that be??

But you are right, seeing a Cobra Commander that greatly resembles the cartoon counterpart is exciting!!! Finally!!!

Well I'd like to know!!! Like has been said before by me and the previous poster, it's either an unknown with a voice over, or a well known actor!!!

If it's a well known actor, I wonder who it could be?? If it's a voice over, who will that be??

But you are right, seeing a Cobra Commander that greatly resembles the cartoon counterpart is exciting!!! Finally!!!

It's a no name actor under the outfit with Seth MacFarlane doing the voice. Sorta like how James Earl Jones voiced Darth Vader while David Prowse wore the suit. ;)

I like the way this movie looks.

As far as Roadblock being the central character...doesn't matter to me, because it's The Rock...they could call him "Timmy" and I wouldn't care. The Rock fits in perfect in the Joe universe IMO...way better than Marlon Wayans. @lol@ Bruce Willis is also a huge bonus. :)

I think the reason they opted for the rubber suit on Snake Eyes IS because it makes him look more superhero-ish, and makes him stand out more...which is what I'm sure they were probably going for. The suit doesn't bother me really. It looks like SE, and that's good enough for me.

I liked the first one for what it was, even though it wasn't really a great movie, but this looks a lot more like GI Joe and has a better cast, so I'll definitely be seeing it when it comes out.

I love how they're keeping Cobra Commander actor a secret!!! it may be an unknown and just use a voice over, or someone big could be in there?? Who knows??

What do you guys think???

not sure who would be in that suit but I know it would be aazing if they got Charlie Adler to do the voice over

I think the reason they opted for the rubber suit on Snake Eyes IS because it makes him look more superhero-ish, and makes him stand out more...which is what I'm sure they were probably going for. The suit doesn't bother me really. It looks like SE, and that's good enough for me.

I thought the rubber suit was supposed to make it look like his suit was made of bulletproof material like kevlar

in the span of the film.

What would be the reason for Snake Eyes to have a rubbery "durable and protective" outfit on and not everyone else? He's a Commando...not Batman!

Who said the other squad members weren't wearing some type of light armor protection? SE is a Commando, Commandos can

and do wear protective attire. And what does Batman wearing kevlar have to do with SE?:huh:

in the span of the film.

Um, because even a commando can wear light armor for protection. And from the looks of it even the other squad members

look as though they're wearing some type of light armor. What does Batman have to do with anything? :huh:

Does every post have to begin with um? Just spit it out. I provided the image of what I would LIKE to see a movie version Snake Eyes look like. It's fairly simple...no stupid rubber suit. The other squad members don't have the rubber suit. Protective gear or light armor is one thing...SE has the rubber suit thingy going on and it's goofy looking. Batman was brought up earlier in the thread and was used to defend the rubber suit by another member, so in that context, is what Batman has to do with "anything" or why I don't like the super hero, chunk of a rubber, on SE. Again, it's Snake Eyes....not Batman or even a Super Hero.

• Like 1

I thought the rubber suit was supposed to make it look like his suit was made of bulletproof material like kevlar

So screw the other Joes, only Snake Eyes gets to have the rubber suit protective thingy all over him? @haha@ Snake Eyes basically wears what the other Joes wear, only in Black and with a mask to cover his scarred up face. Hollywood has to complicate everything. He's a commando with extensive martial arts skills. Why would a man that can kill with his bare hands and feet, want to be incased in rubber? Would Chuck Norris wear that sh@#? @loll@

• Like 1

in the span of the film.

Um, because even a commando can wear light armor for protection. And from the looks of it even the other squad members

look as though they're wearing some type of light armor. What does Batman have to do with anything? :huh:

Does every post have to begin with um? Just spit it out.

That's because not every post I make begins with um. Unless 3 "um" out of 11 posts suddenly translates to "every post"

I do however wonder if all of your post consist of you getting worked up over some of the most trivial matters.

I provided the image of what I would LIKE to see a movie version Snake Eyes look like. It's fairly simple...no stupid rubber suit. The other squad members don't have the rubber suit. Protective gear or light armor is one thing...SE has the rubber suit thingy going on and it's goofy looking. Batman was brought up earlier in the thread and was used to defend the rubber suit by another member, so in that context is what Batman has to do with why I don't like the super hero chuck of a rubber on SE, like what some think is ok because Batman wears it. Again, Snake Eyes....not Batman or even a Super Hero.

Okay, we all get it, you hate the rubber suit, you've made that painfully clear, it is what he will be wearing nevertheless. And again, the interpretation of Batman that routinely

wears rubber has been the cinematic interpretations so referencing Batman is moot as far as my principle point was concerned. As a matter of fact I even gave my criticism

regarding the rubber awhile ago.

So screw the other Joes, only Snake Eyes gets to have the rubber suit protective thingy all over him? @haha@ Snake Eyes basically wears what the other Joes wear, only in Black and with a mask to cover his scarred up face. Hollywood has to complicate everything. He's a commando with extensive martial arts skills. Why would a man that can kill with his bare hands and feet, want to be incased in rubber? Would Chuck Norris wear that sh@#? @loll@

Screw the other Joes? you do realize that some fans are upset that many of the Joes don't look like their animated

counterparts. Joes that go into battle sporting football and baseball jerseys. Heck if you're going to complain about

the Joes lack of protection in connection to SE you might as well also complain why the rest of them aren't running into battle and fighting

terrorism with a sword, unlike SE. @loll@

Does every post have to begin with um? Just spit it out.

That's because not every post I make begins with um. Unless 3 "um" out of 11 posts suddenly translates to "every post"

I do however wonder if all of your post consist of you getting worked up over some of the most trivial matters.

Isn't 3 out of 11 enough? Toys (and movies about them) is pretty trivial to begin with, so I'm not sure how I can trivialize it that much more, but whatever.

Okay, we all get it, you hate the rubber suit, you've made that painfully clear, it is what he will be wearing nevertheless. And again, the interpretation of Batman that routinely

wears rubber has been the cinematic interpretations so referencing Batman is moot as far as my principle point was concerned. As a matter of fact I even gave my criticism

regarding the rubber awhile ago.

Why so adamant about such a trivial matter? I made my point about the rubber suit and moved on. It was only after that point was challenged and argued over that I came back to reflect on it further. It's usually how discussions go or progress around here. I hardly think there's ever a right way or wrong way to share opinions about stuff like this (toys and movies and what we think of them) so trying to intellectualize over this stuff seems pretty silly to me. I think the movie looks great...just think Snake Eyes sucks and looks as stupid as he did in the first one.

• Like 1