Avengers vs X-Men

Rollo Tomassi

Marvel announced their big crossover Event for 2012 yesterday.

It's an ambitious 12 issue bi-weekly comic collaborated on by four writers and three artists that centers around The Pheonix Force returning to Earth and with Marvel's two biggest franchises at odds with each other.

So what are your thoughts? Excited? Ambivalent? Disgusted?

And the important question. Are you with Team A or Team X? ;)

*yawn, haven't we seen this before? Is this book going to be about wolverine fighting himself? Seems like Hope and the phoneix would work better sticking only to the x books. I've never liked the entermingling except for Beast as an avenger.

Beast is currently the biggest douche in the Marvel Universe. But I digress.

The jaded 30 year reader of comics in me sees this as the most obvious cash grab ever. And I know I'll be disappointed in the conclusion, whatever it is.

But the fanboy in my is very "Kewl!!". I skipped Feat Itself altogether, but I'll probably dive into this Event head first.

The jaded 30 year reader of comics in me sees this as the most obvious cash grab ever. And I know I'll be disappointed in the conclusion, whatever it is.

I'll play the jaded comic reader (Marvel makes it easy).

I could not keep up with X Men. Regardles of how big a fan I was and still am, Marvel has made it all but impossible. There are now about 6 different titles JUST for the main X Men team. That's before you even count other X books like X Factor, X Force, all of Wolverine's books, etc. Pick one you like and just stick with that? Sure, until an "event" comes up, after which the book you like is shaken up, switching up writer, artist, characters, renumbered and all of the above. On top of that, you pay $4 a month for all of them.

Take the word "X-Men" and replace it with "Avengers" above and you've just described their books as well.

If the only X Men books were X-Men and Uncanny X-Men and the only Avengers books were Avengers and maybe West Coast Avengers, I'd be in for this. As it stands, I'll be passing.

As for the ending, that's easy: Jean Grey comes back.

looks like a big build up....rumors are that its about the phoenix coming back, fall out from xsanction (that starts next week), or the fate of scarlet witch.

• 3 weeks later...

I think its lame since we already did this in civil war & look how that turned out ... you think they would learn from past mistakes ... Also looking at the power class with the mutants I hardly see how the avengers even have any chance ...

Beast ?.. please ...

Storm ... sure if she is that much of a traitor she will betray the xmen for her "new team" she is up there on power scale ...

Every single xmen though that I can see outclasses any avenger aside from thor who they don't have anymore

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting that the few promo posters and covers we've seen seem to have Wolverine on the Avengers side, but have Storm and Beast on the X-Men's side. Also wondering where the whole Norman Osborn and HAMMER situation falls into this. Perhaps that storyline will be mercifully over by the time AvsX takes place.

a lot of the covers I've seen make no sense they have people on cyclops team that sided with wolverine & teach at his school they should be on his side with the avengers ...

• 2 months later...

Here's some old Toy Biz figures in a new Xmen Vs. Avengers photo, I entered in a contest:

http://ifanboy.com/articles/vote-now-avengers-vs-x-men-playtimes-over-contest-finalists-revealed/

Please vote for my entry (Match C: The assassination of Charles Xavier) because voting ends tomorrow at midnight EST and I'm barely losing by a few votes!

AVvsXM-BB.jpg

AVvsXM1-BB.jpg

AVvsXM2-BB.jpg

Thanks!

Whoa! I'm still trying to catchup. Just started reading Heroic Age. Haven't even started Fear Itself yet.

Yeah, that's me too. We're gonna have to catch up quick. (lol)