Wave 3 found at Wal-mart

wolverine2281

Awesome score Chad!! I'd so take those over wave 3 any day!! Hopefully I see them soon! :)

Draven

Thanks man.A lot of folks are hearping on the Zombie Viper.I think he looks cool.The others are very well done.Scifi is a real win same with Law and Order and Airtight.The one I really wanted was Lifeline Hopehully The Walamrt in Athens will get more.I did get the set of 5 from BBTS as well.If anyone needs any of wave 4 I could hlep you out.

I guess I'm going to have to go a huntin' for wave 4, because both Big Bad Toy Store and Smalljoes have their 5 figure sets for around 60 bucks! That's a crazy 10 dollars plus for each figure. So lame.

Thanks Chad! I just got the Sci Fi, Lifeline and Law and Order! The first two, are two of the best Joes ever imo. I absolutely love them! Law and Order even surprised me! I can't wait to find the others, Airtight and Zombie Viper!

Draven

• 3 weeks later...

I've been so desperate lately to find this wave that I've resorted to looking for them on eBay. *sigh* It pains me to think of paying almost triple what these things are worth in stores. But I have just not been able to find them around here anywhere...

Well, I stopped by my local Walmart today after work as I have for the past several weeks, hoping for a glimpse of any Joes. Nothing. But then I noticed they're resetting the toy aisles, and they had all of those little papers hanging up on each section showing where the new stuff was gonna go. I figured I could at least try to decipher those and see if there's even gonna be a G.I. Joe section when they reset everything. And most sections were wiped out completely. So I look in the section where what few Joes they used to have had been...nothing, except for a few of the new CORPS figures. Then I worked my way down towards the end of the action figure aisle, and...

...I found four or five pegs absolutely FULL of Wave 3!!! WOO-HOO!!! FINALLY!!! (lol)

I've just had a rough time health-wise lately, and it was so much fun and such a stress reliever to finally find these great figures after looking for so very long. As much as I hated to, I was ready and willing to pay upwards of fifteen bucks a pop or more for these online, and I just kept putting it off. I had decided if I didn't find anything this evening, I probably would have bought a couple off eBay.

I don't think I've been this excited to find new G.I. Joes in stores since 1984. It was such a great feeling to have so much anticipation for these and actually find them after looking for so long. I grabbed Lifeline, Airtight, Sci-Fi, and a Zombie Viper. The first three were no-brainers...I simply had to have them. But I wasn't always sold on the Zombie Viper idea. At first glance it seemed to be veering off into Cobra-La territory to me concept-wise, but the more I've contemplated the idea and mulled over it, I've come to realize that it's a perfectly original if not horrifying idea for a Cobra trooper. I just can't decide what would be more horrific, to pretend like these soldiers are given a compound on purpose that turns them into battlefield zombies, or if Cobra had been tinkering with a "super-soldier serum", for a lack of better term, and it unexpectedly turned them into zombies as an unfortunate side-effect. Either way it makes for such a very interesting idea. I love it so very much, to think of Airtight, Sci-Fi, and others combating these zombified trained killers and trying to find a way to kill them. Then one wonders...if the Joes are exposed, do they become zombified as well? Are there Cobra soldiers volunteering for this program willingly, and if not, how are they coerced into it? Mind-control? Blind loyalty to Cobra Commander and his cause? There are so many imaginative possibilities with these troops, and I love it. It's absolutely one of the most original action figure ideas they've ever come up with, if not the most original. Maybe I'll be inspired enough to do a picture of my new guys fighting off a platoon of Zombie Vipers...

I'm just eating this wave up, and it makes me want more. I can't wait to see what Hasbro treats us to next.

sheesh.. good score man.. I haven't seen them yet here. I am getting impatient, but not enough to pay a scalpers price .

Lifeline, Airtight, and Sci-Fi are the best figures they have done

Thanks CLAM. If I could afford to do it man, I'd grab them for you. These figures make me wish Hasbro would back up and revamp all of their RAH commemorative figures. Some are great as they are, like the V1 Snake Eyes, Stalker, and Beachhead. But others need a makeover badly, like Scarlett, Roadblock, Duke, and Gung Ho.

And I'm tellin' ya...I just about took the plunge and bought one or two off eBay. I was that desperate. (lol) I never resort to paying eBay prices for single-carded figures, unless I get a good deal on a lot or a sealed case.

Thanks CLAM. If I could afford to do it man, I'd grab them for you. These figures make me wish Hasbro would back up and revamp all of their RAH commemorative figures. Some are great as they are, like the V1 Snake Eyes, Stalker, and Beachhead. But others need a makeover badly, like Scarlett, Roadblock, Duke, and Gung Ho.

And I'm tellin' ya...I just about took the plunge and bought one or two off eBay. I was that desperate. (lol) I never resort to paying eBay prices for single-carded figures, unless I get a good deal on a lot or a sealed case.

oh man... I really wish they would have continued the 25th stuff... but hey, 3 RAH figures in 1 wave is pretty fantastic! They should keep it up because these guys are certainly better than anything they have done for POC

I've been so desperate lately to find this wave that I've resorted to looking for them on eBay. *sigh* It pains me to think of paying almost triple what these things are worth in stores. But I have just not been able to find them around here anywhere...

Well, I stopped by my local Walmart today after work as I have for the past several weeks, hoping for a glimpse of any Joes. Nothing. But then I noticed they're resetting the toy aisles, and they had all of those little papers hanging up on each section showing where the new stuff was gonna go. I figured I could at least try to decipher those and see if there's even gonna be a G.I. Joe section when they reset everything. And most sections were wiped out completely. So I look in the section where what few Joes they used to have had been...nothing, except for a few of the new CORPS figures. Then I worked my way down towards the end of the action figure aisle, and...

...I found four or five pegs absolutely FULL of Wave 3!!! WOO-HOO!!! FINALLY!!! (lol)

I've just had a rough time health-wise lately, and it was so much fun and such a stress reliever to finally find these great figures after looking for so very long. As much as I hated to, I was ready and willing to pay upwards of fifteen bucks a pop or more for these online, and I just kept putting it off. I had decided if I didn't find anything this evening, I probably would have bought a couple off eBay.

DevilBat I feel your pain, I was considering saving up some moneys to fly to China directly and buy Wave 3 myself, it would prolly be a lil cheaper than Ebay. I've been living at most of the local Wahmarts since Xmas passed ( I sleep in the tent displays at night and wash up in the back of the store mens room in da mornin) and I haven't seen a single Joe anywhere. I ask around and the employees run me off like villagers chasing Frankenstein. My interpretation of "a new truck is coming tomorrow" translates out to "your crowding my blue vest & I don't when your damn toys are coming" and the classic "we should have more by friday" means "we should have more by next Black Friday" and the ever popular "why don't you buy these ones (referring to the Corps toys), they're they same things" that translates to "listen dude the $h*t isn't fine wine, now go buy some overpriced Thundercats"..........Buttt all kidding aside I did manage to snag up a few of the Renegades joes that I dig.....I found Tunnelrat, Scarlet and a Techno Viper on sale for 6.39,(at Frys grocery store) it was a good haul to keep my frantic collector mania darkside from emerging. Its kinda funny when a grocery store becomes your main source of toys and Toyrntus (who Ive worked for in the past) Wahhmart, Tarjeeet, can't even get joes or sell any joes better than Arctic Destroy (Croms greatest mistake? you decide) and an old case of ROC Joes that only have Destro & that fugly version of Baroness. But you give me hope DevilBat and yes hunting joes is my therapy as well, it brings peace and glowing warming warming glow to mah soul, ahhh to get home and destroy that file card trying to rip open that plastic blister pack and losing most of the half dozen accesories under my couch, its the goodness. Can't wait to find more of the lost waves and I can only pray to the ToYGoDs that these next waves don't turn out like the POC Jungle Bat/Hawk waves which mysteriously disappeared like the ancient Anasazi.......Good luck you Hunters and Madmen

My walmarts(well, the closest one to me that I visited) did resets in the past couple of days. All the old stuff was still there, just moved around. Even though this Walmart has gotten every wave (at least through Renegades series 2) since I can remember, I'm glad I got both cases of 3 and 4 online. Can't beat under $8 a figure shipped.