Sign in to follow this  
The Wire

G.I. Joe Sub Service: Figure 10 Revealed - Sure Fire

it's pointed out else where that the head looks like a retooled VVV shipwreck head (which never did look like shipwreck to me btw) It could be and would fit with the Club retooling VVV Jinx's head as well.

Looks like Benchpress with a goatee instead of a beard to me.

This is easily the most bland thing they could come up with. I never knew all the drama that surrounded the original version of this figure and I don't really care one way or another as far as that goes. I just think it's weird to not only go with something so dull but to use up a valuable slot in this line with it. If the guy wanted a 25th version of himself, surely he could pay someone to make a custom.

Probably because the guy its based on now has a gotee imo @loll@

Draven

Sure Fire is based on David Lane, the one who is behind the subscription figures, Yes he does have a goatee

There are a bunch of figures I am excited for in the sub program... This is not one of them! Here's to hoping 11 and 12 are winners as well as the bonus fig.

Draven

Sure Fire is based on David Lane, the one who is behind the subscription figures, Yes he does have a goatee

Did he have one back when the originals were created though, because neither of those two had the goatee?

• Like 2

How does the subscription work? Are the figures free, after you purchase a subscription, or do you have to pay the subscription and for the figures?

From my understanding (and that's very little) you join the club (say..at the officer level for $64) then you still pay an additional amount on top of that (yet to be determined, most likely in the $20 range?) for each figure per month it comes out?

Draven

1athreadbomb.jpg

Life truly Goes On. Corky be sportin facial hair.

@haha@ I'm going to @firedevil@

Draven

I don't know the guy, so it's nothing personal, but i've always thought both sure-fire and big brawler were b grade figs and horrible code names, especially brawler. Wasn't he a club guy too?

Oh gosh don't start the Brawler talk, it will create a war @loll@

Draven

it's pointed out else where that the head looks like a retooled VVV shipwreck head (which never did look like shipwreck to me btw) It could be and would fit with the Club retooling VVV Jinx's head as well.

It is actually a repainted comicbook Beachhead head, but with the goatee completed:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/beachhead11.shtml

it's just a really stupid move to put a lame character into your subscription because he is based off of a buddy...

that's great and all that, but would you rather sell figures or make figures of your friends?

It is so weird the reaction that this subscription is getting. I see on some places there are people that love each and every figure. They drool over them, talking about what a great honor it is to get our hands on these figures we'd never see otherwise, and how great the figure selection has been. Then on here, it's more people that have the same views I do. This line has been fairly hit or miss, and their character selection has been somewhat lacking with no real rhyme or reasoning behind it. Gotta love my good ol friends here at TNI.

It is so weird the reaction that this subscription is getting. I see on some places there are people that love each and every figure. They drool over them, talking about what a great honor it is to get our hands on these figures we'd never see otherwise, and how great the figure selection has been. Then on here, it's more people that have the same views I do. This line has been fairly hit or miss, and their character selection has been somewhat lacking with no real rhyme or reasoning behind it. Gotta love my good ol friends here at TNI.

I hope around on the net a bit, and I have only seen a few positives that you mention (but we may not be looking in the same place.) I've seen enough negative comments to wonder if they can get this off the ground at this point.

I think a lot depends on where you go to look for comments. I've seem similar divides with MOTU. There are some hardcore fans out there that just want the figures made no matter what. They are willing to pay whatever price is set and actually get mad when people complain because I think they are afraid the complainers will jeopardize the line. Course there are complainers that take it to far as well. They act like aholes, can't stand anyone who doesn't agree with them that something sucks and will make themselves a nuisance to try and keep anyone from enjoying something they don't like.

As far as figure selection goes, The Club is going to be limited by a number of factors. They aren't really creating new tools for figures so they have to go with parts already made, I am sure there some characters off limits from Hasbro for whatever reason and regardless of who they make or don't there always going to people who don't like it and those who do. Your never going to make everyone happy.

I think the biggest sticking point with this is going to be price. At $20-$25 a figure (which seems like what it will be) plus club membership cost and shipping, I don't see this program attracting a lot of new people to the hobby. In fact there is some danger of it driving people away. If a bunch of figures get released you can't afford or not willing to pay that much for your quit possibly going to just get frustrated and move on to something else all together.

I don't think the Club is trying to rip people off and at the low production runs these will liky be made at, the cost is probably perfectly justifiable. My frustration is that the reason there seems to be less and less fans out there each year is these companies are no longer looking at ways to grow their customer base, but instead make the most money possible off the smallest number of hardcore fans left. Maybe thats all thats left and I am off base to think its possible to really bring new people into this hobby anymore, but that is what I find frustrating with the trend many of these companies seem to be moving in. Its like lets milk as much as we can before it totally dies off instead of looking at ways to grow things so it doesn't die out.

When I go into collecting the 25th anniversary figures, it was because the line was made up of classic ARAH in modern sculpts. That's what I expected from this subscription service when it was first announced. I don't want characters from other lines of G.I. Joe figures, or random stuff like the Nano BAT. I expected updates of ARAH characters, like Grunt or foreign characters like Quarrel and TNT.