G.I. Joe Sub Service: Figure 10 Revealed - Sure Fire

The Wire

it's not a bad figure, it's just not a very good figure either.

there isn't anything special about him. He just looks like a generic dude that somebody made with a quick LBC job.

I would probably buy him on the peg for 7 bucks, but not for anything more than that

I wish they'd gone with the version 1 colors. The green and brown just looks strange. I hope CG isn't this ugly.

yeah, actually he would have looked pretty dope in the V1 colors. If his arms and legs were blue, he has the black knee pads and boots and gloves.. then the vest and helmet should be black. Then he suddenly becomes a pretty cool figure.

post-2334-0-32160900-1321077764_thumb.jpg

No demand really, just someone they can make with existing parts!! :/

I'd love to see Cobra's Doc they released back Joe v Cobra days!!! That was a great idea!!! Loved the character!!! Sadly, never got the figure!!! >_<

It's not nearly special enough. It looks a little generic. Over on other boards it has been mentioned they were forced into the v2 colors to prevent confusion with law. But it would be slightly different... and this will come out way later, so why the confusion? It was also noted the green will not be that bright in production colors. I think my big confusion is why these new toolings are available, but not others which could have made some excellent customs. That "ultimate" snake-eyes/stalker scuplt itslef could be used for 13 :) figs or so. In reality quite a bit more , yeah that could overdo it but shows they could have done 2 maybe 3 using those parts (like grunt for one) and really improve the line.

It's not nearly special enough. It looks a little generic. Over on other boards it has been mentioned they were forced into the v2 colors to prevent confusion with law.

@loll@

Just once...wouldn't you love to be present at the roundtable when this kind of asinine thinking flops out of some morons mouth? "confused with LAW"??? How stupid do they think us fans of G.I.Joe really are?? <_<

I guess Topside wasn't consider to be too "confusing" with Cutter at that particular roundtable meeting? @haha@

topsideFweb.jpgcutter2.jpg

• Like 2

Great point VH! and a connection a didn't make. I wonder if the reason Barrel Roll wasn't in v1 colors is because that would have made him look like Air-Raid? (Which strangly looked almost exactly like a v1 barrel roll... How can they not pre-plan for that one? or no how to name their characters? )

a major let down agin but at least they are keeping in line with the others so i can save my self alot of cash by not buying the sub line. they could of made this so cool yet they dropped the ball and used bad parts and bad paint apps for most of them. ill be getting dice off the 2ndary market as he is the only one i really like and i might try for topside. now lets hope CG is a home run but i think she will be another let down lol.

This is the only one so far that I don't care for. There had to be much better/more creative ways to use existing parts to make him look more like the original figure. Also, I'm assuming the goatee was added to further distance him from Law or whatever.

Sort of off topic here, but reading comments and opinions around the various Joe sites, I notice the same ol same ol continues on and on as far as the constant war between haters, lovers, naysayers and fanboys regarding these plastic toys we all collect (or buy then sell).

This place has died down pretty much (from what it use to be like) but it's funny to see that the same old folks who use to haunt the site here have just taken their crusade elsewhere and the opinion wars still continue. @haha@

Again, I have to ask the question, as represented HERE....

crybabies2.jpg

I guess my position has always been that criticism (constructive or just flat out disappointed and frustrated) of the toys we collect and the state they're in as far as it being to our liking or straying from it, is NORMAL...whereas to have a coniption over somebody elses gripes, seems a bit more obnoxious. Sort of like going to a movie and not liking it and having somebody that did like it lose their ever lovin friggin mind over the fdact that ANYBODY could not feel exactly the same way about it and then going on to criticize the critic? One is based on the material subject matter, the other is based on the opinion of a person.

• Like 2

This is the only one so far that I don't care for. There had to be much better/more creative ways to use existing parts to make him look more like the original figure. Also, I'm assuming the goatee was added to further distance him from Law or whatever.

Ugh.. the goatee. It might be knit-picking on my part, but I really don't like it @hmmm@ . If I were ever to get this figure it would be a great candidate for a head swap.

Not only that (the goatee) but it's the same color as the vest and other Brown parts, so there's an all over bland look to it, where some contrast would have been nice.

• Like 2

Yeah, why the goatee? The original Sure Fire didn't have a goatee. Actually, I think the head from this Sure Fire would be good as a new head for Crankcase.

That's a great idea...anything would be better than that gigantic Breaker head!

And I agree, Mike Prime, about the flak jacket being the biggest flaw on this figure. He needs a smaller one, more in line with the original.

Probably because the guy its based on now has a gotee imo @loll@

Draven

1athreadbomb.jpg

• Like 2