G.I. Joe Sub Service: Figure 9 Revealed - Theodore N. Thomas

The Wire

Yeah, TNT is a foreign figure. God is he ugly.(Don't get me wrong... he looks like the original)

You know I like the idea behind this figure...........will I ever own the original? No, but I get a chance at this guy. I'd happily take re-paints of all the International Joes.....the ones that are separate characters that is. He's above Tan Grunt in my book...........that figure is awful. I have one Grunt.....I'm good

This is the sort of figure I was expecting when the subscription service was first announced. Not random figures like the Nano B.A.T. Not characters from failed alternate continuities like Iron Klaw. Not updates of Valor vs. Venom characters.

He reminds me of a kid who makes a costume with aluminum foil. The other Joes don't mind if he does blow up.

(lol) He's just goofy enough to capture my interest. He doesn't even have a code-name!!

Geeeeezus! :blink: Who the hell is painting these things? I understand (after reading the previous comments) that it has been painted to look like the original International figure of the same name, but why repeat the same mistake twice? The figure itself looks decent enough, and if it was on sale at some discount department store for $4.99 I might buy it, and REPAINT IT!

He reminds me of a kid who makes a costume with aluminum foil. The other Joes don't mind if he does blow up.

(lol) He's just goofy enough to capture my interest. He doesn't even have a code-name!!

Ha, I actually thought it was TNT :)

His codename is TNT. It also happens to be his initials.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/argtnt.shtml

I think Hasbro decided to use his full name because of copyright issues.

Ah yes...I bet you're right. They've had to do that alot in recent years because of copyright issues. Makes sense now.

I can't help it guys...the international "variants" usually don't do a thing for me, but by golly, to see them done with brand-new sculpts in appealing (although completely unrealistic) colors, I'll have to admit that I'm intrigued. I actually like ol' "TNT" (bless his heart)! (lol)

Ya know, I'd buy this guy for this reason. If he was available at retail, of course, not through subscription. Going with Theodore N. Thomas as the official name for your figure is a bold move!

Ya know, I'd buy this guy for this reason. If he was available at retail, of course, not through subscription. Going with Theodore N. Thomas as the official name for your figure is a bold move!

Until some guy with that name sues you....

Another pass for me. Figures like this are helping my decision making process with this subscription. I now have more misses than hits. I really hope it doesn't end up 50/50 for me. I might just be dumb enough to lay down all the money just to get the half I want.

The figure looks pretty cool, but I'm just not that big of a fan of the foreign figures. I'll be selling this guy, Quarrel, & possible the Nano-Bat off once they're released.

Am I the only one who looks at this figure and thinks the old BTR line?

Those blowtorch parts have always reminded me of BTR blowtorch and that bright yellow is helping too!

with those garish colors and the heavy armor (except for the FACE?) look so odd. I think this may be the ugliest Joe figure i've ever scene (not counting manimals or aliens etc.)

The figure looks pretty cool, but I'm just not that big of a fan of the foreign figures. I'll be selling this guy, Quarrel, & possible the Nano-Bat off once they're released.

You can remember me on the Quarrel if you need a home for her. She is one of the few I plan on tracking down so far!

Draven