November 2011 Toy Haul Thread

Mike

Finally, I decided to snatch MP10:

Hey Remy, I'm curious about something, and I can never tell from any pics I've seen...what can you tell me about this Prime's eyes? Sometimes they look dark-blue or even black, then sometimes they look like they might be light-pipe eyes. I hope they're the latter...

And y'know, I have so many mixed feelings about this figure. First of all, Optimus Prime is my favorite Transformers character, and I was always thrilled with the original Masterpiece figure. I didn't get the MP-01 version until Hasbro released the 20th Anniversay edition. And even then the obsessive-compulsive nut in me wanted the cleaner-looking Takara version. Well, I ended-up giving my brother my Hasbro one and was finally able to afford the original Takara figure. It came in an absolutely mint-perfect box, so I never did open it and appreciate it as a loose figure. Then I sold that one so I could afford a Darth Maul statue. And yes...I've regretted it ever since. So needless to say I was estatic when I found out Takara was gonna re-release MP-01. Fortunately I found myself in a financial position to be able to afford it just as it came out. So now I have MP-01 Prime, for a third time. This one's in a mint box too thanks to tfsource.com, so again, as a result I can't bring myself to open it. (lol)

Now when Takara announced that MP-10 would be a new an improved Optimus Prime, I felt like I had been sucker-punched and taken advantage of. They touted the final release of MP-01 as the last chance to own what we all thought was arguably the definitive Optimus Prime toy, then they announced a better one was in the works after some of us bought the so-called "final edition". I'll admit I was very annoyed, although I still loved the MP-01 version.

Then they released the pics, and I have to admit, I wasn't completely impressed. Initially I thought the new head looked too round and stylized, the "abs"/grill section didn't look right to me, and his arms looked disproportionate. There were just little things here and there that didn't add up, and I wasn't too impressed. So I remained satisfied that I still had my MP-01 Prime, and I didn't regret owning the "inferior" original. I didn't feel like I needed to get the "new-and-improved" Masterpiece Prime. I could live without it, and I felt like I wasn't being manipulated by Takara anymore.

Then I took a second look recently. This figure is pretty darn awesome. The head-sculpt has grown on me in a big way; it looks a lot like how he

was animated in the show, moreso than the rather blocky-looking head in comparison on the original Masterpiece Prime. And I love how you can cover his wheels in robot mode. I also think his new truck mode looks much better than the first one. Now he still looks too wide to me in robot

mode at times, but I do believe this is a great Optimus Prime toy worth getting.

I'm still content to own the original Masterpiece Prime, and I still think it's a great figure and a cool centerpiece of any Optimus Prime and/or Transformers collection. But I don't blame Takara for trying to improve upon the original design. Heck, I love the character of Optimus Prime so much that they can just keep on releasing him in as many versions as they want. (lol) At the end of the day, I just see MP-01 Prime and MP-10 Prime simply as two different takes on the same character, as if they had been made by two different companies.

So needless to say I want MP-10. I'm just not quite sure how I'm gonna afford it... (lol)

finally received my new Insecticons set from fansproject...and they are soooo awesome! one of the best tf purchases i've ever made :)

here's a pic of what they look like.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6238/6310760300_78ffce5b03.jpg

this pic was taken by someone else, not sure who, i just googled it. i was having issues with my camera, but they are identicle.

Ladies & Gents........if your looking for the new wave of generations then head to Target. Scored Junkheap & Sky Shadow.

Are those the new repaints??

remolds not repaints

Ladies & Gents........if your looking for the new wave of generations then head to Target. Scored Junkheap & Sky Shadow.

remolds not repaints

Different heads doesn't make it a remold

Sky Shadow's also got a new chest does that count?

remolds not repaints

He does? Post me the picture I never seen it

remolds not repaints

He does? Post me the picture I never seen it

Gen-toy_SkyShadow.jpg