G.I. Joe Sub Service: Figure 7 Revealed - Jinx

JayC

Wow you are kidding me.... people want a Jinx like the original and the go and do a updated VvV one.... well making it easy on me MC! I don't want this one! So that leaves Big Boa and Covergirl... bet they screw those up at this point. For me anyway.

Draven

This is actually the first one i'd be willing to pay 20 + for. So keep that in mind those of you who don't want it, I'll buy from you and you don't have to give ebay a cut! The sword does sit a bit high, but i love the VVV 's updated design and back in the day i made a custom that similarly incorporated the dragon symbol. A gotta have for me. But i still don't see the subscription as worth it.

Wow you are kidding me.... people want a Jinx like the original and the go and do a updated VvV one.... well making it easy on me MC! I don't want this one! So that leaves Big Boa and Covergirl... bet they screw those up at this point. For me anyway.

Draven

Think of it this way, this club exclusive has this version. While now we have a better chance to get the version we want in retail hopefully down the line, at a more fair price.

Draven

man im so with you on this a hug fail and i bet those 2 will suck too. the club had a chance to give us some killer figs and they end up giving us this crap repaints crap parts. all they have is new head sculpts. so im def out now its not worth the price nor the figs. i do like dice and will see if i can get him on the 2ndary market.

Okay, that does it. I'm in. It's official. I've always loved this version of Jinx, but not necessarily the execution.

There's just enough cool figures in this lineup to catch my interest. How do you sign up?

That's quite disappointing and lame. I agree...why the hell go with the VvV version? Big thumbs down here. Seems the customizers always do it better...

jinx_2.jpg

Should we get that on a t-shirt? @haha@

that is a pretty good figure, no arguing about it.

I was expecting the 87 version.. but it doesn't matter much to me. I aint a very big jinx fan in the first place.

we just need to hear the prices

Yeah I got to say. I am not sure what is so appealing about the classic version which looks like an outfit someone down the street at the local Karate class would be wearing as opposed to a ninja battling Cobra. I know that is what the original figure looked like but again can't say I was ever a fan. Not a huge fan of the VvV one either but I think it is an improvement over the original. Also the original version isn't very practical for a club figure. Your not going to see newly sculpted figures in this line, and I don't recall any existing figures that would have been feasible to create a classic look Jinx out of.

'

LOL! @haha@ Cracks me up when all these ARAH purists poo'poo on everything that isn't an exact remake of the 1980's line (in appearance and cardback) and then suddenly switch gears on something that isn't even close to the original. This Jinx looks more like a Kill Bill knockoff of Uma Thurman's character and while that would be cool in itself, I don't like the looks of this for reasons other than it not being like the "pajama wearing", blindfolded, female ninja, of the 80's version. It's just not an appealing figure. Ugly boring headsculpt and odd color combinations make it look like somebody ate a book of crayons and puked on it.

Yeah I got to say. I am not sure what is so appealing about the classic version which looks like an outfit someone down the street at the local Karate class would be wearing as opposed to a ninja battling Cobra. I know that is what the original figure looked like but again can't say I was ever a fan. Not a huge fan of the VvV one either but I think it is an improvement over the original. Also the original version isn't very practical for a club figure. Your not going to see newly sculpted figures in this line, and I don't recall any existing figures that would have been feasible to create a classic look Jinx out of.

'

i hear what you are saying jay. i feel the club could of done alot better on her as alot of customizer have made her to look like V1 but way updated. that's what i like in the 30th line as they have some killer figs like lifeline,stalker & scifi. so they could of updated her more then just repainting scarlet with a new head. just like grunt they could of used stalkers body. they drop the ball on alot of these figs. now i know they cant make new figs even though the price they will be charging should be able to give us 1 new mold.

now alot of ppl will like this sub line. thats great and im happy they will get what they want out of this line. for me it is a sub par line for what it is. as they could of made it killer with killer molds or parts. not just bad repaints and bad parts with new head sculpts and charge a arm and a leg. like grunt, bat, topside just to name a few that are very sub par figs. they could of dropped the bat and had better molds for them. i would like to see what the 30th line is doing with updating them with new molds but keeps there V1 looks.

now jinx is in the movie and i so hope they make a killer looking one. as i would rather have that one then this one. also it will be 10x cheaper lol.

• Like 1

I wish she came with a masked head. The mask is jinx to me more so than the outfit. I like that they made her look more military looking. The sword should have been a backpack.

I wish she came with a masked head. The mask is jinx to me more so than the outfit. I like that they made her look more military looking. The sword should have been a backpack.

Yeah, why isn't the sword on her back. It seems like that would make more sense, especially with this outfit.

I think the reason I'm digging this figure is because I really enjoyed some of the re-imagined classic characters in the GvsC/Spy Troops/VvsV lines, I just didn't always appreciate the execution of all of them. With the VvsV version of Jinx for example, I always thought her new design was really cool and dynamic; it just seemed very dramatic as opposed to her original "ninja pajama" look. I mean, I always liked that version too, but like JayC and others may have alluded to, it was also kinda boring, albeit realistic for a ninja/martial arts outfit. And I always liked the little touch of her having the blindfold, like that's how she fights, and I always thought that was so very cool and interesting.

So for me this figure is a combination of things that make it a must: It's based on a cool verion of a favorite character, and they used one of my new favorite sculpts, which is the Resolute Scarlett (I think).

Is that a sword in your pocket, or are you just happy... oh wait... it is a sword. Oh. Nevermind.

Worst possible placement for that sword. If it was removable, I'd be alright with this figure as a new take on the character. Not the best, but still not horrible to me. As it is now with that sword, it looks like this figure would almost be unposeable. And an unposeable action figure just doesn't make much sense for $20+.

Someone who has a city strike scarlet on the "what's on Joe mind" podcast said that the sword does not hinder movement. So that's somethign. I would agree the sword would look better on the book, but it still looks okay.

I believe I heard the sword thing is removable?

And are people sure this is a new head? It looks exactly like the VvV head.

I still have an image of the cancelled Scarlet being used:

ScarlettNew1.jpgJoeJinxClub1.jpg

I admit I wasn't too thrilled with the reveal at first, but with Jinx coming in the new movie I'm sure we will be seeing more of her...plus I do like the colourings being used here on the sub figure.

The Club apparently have a very limited amount of molds they can use, so I gather they are doing the best they can with the limitations Hasbro has placed on them.

I'm still undecided about purchasing the sub. I'd say it will depend how Covergirl looks.

I believe I heard the sword thing is removable?

And are people sure this is a new head? It looks exactly like the VvV head.

I still have an image of the cancelled Scarlet being used:

ScarlettNew1.jpgJoeJinxClub1.jpg

I admit I wasn't too thrilled with the reveal at first, but with Jinx coming in the new movie I'm sure we will be seeing more of her...plus I do like the colourings being used here on the sub figure.

The Club apparently have a very limited amount of molds they can use, so I gather they are doing the best they can with the limitations Hasbro has placed on them.

I'm still undecided about purchasing the sub. I'd say it will depend how Covergirl looks.

The sword was removeable CS Scarlet. It could actually be taken off and put on a different figure. I've read that it is on Jinx as well. Also, I'm thinking you're right about that being a VvV head.