Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives

Wheeljack35

Heh...I understand bro. It's like Batman and Robin for me; it's so mind-numbingly terrible that I love to watch it. (lol)

EDIT: Oh...I just went back and watched your clip. (lol) Too funny man...

• Like 1

Heh...I understand bro. It's like Batman and Robin for me; it's so mind-numbingly terrible that I love to watch it. (lol)

Oh, man, Batman and Robin is almost too much for me...there's a point for Phantom Menace: I would rather watch PM than B&R any day! :)

You ever seen "Spaced?" I highly recommend it!

Oh, man, Batman and Robin is almost too much for me...there's a point for Phantom Menace: I would rather watch PM than B&R any day! :)

You ever seen "Spaced?" I highly recommend it!

Haha I see that you guys seem to be talking about bad movies, or movies that you like but for all the reasons... There are some movies that I like myself, but for all the bad reasons too... Usually anything that the Camster makes, or any other movie which would be considered the movie of the year by elitist trash...

Below are clips of movies, tried to be made less boring...

Maybe if the Camster would have made "Titanic" like in the video above, then it may have been a little less boring...

Hey feat, since you mentioned "Over the Top", here's something for you.

Even though I'm a fan of a lot of Stallone's movies, I thought that you may enjoy the clip above.

Here's another clip, even though I liked "Philadelphia", I found this clip hilarious....

The great wonders of Danny Elfman's music...

That video was funny featofstrength! Yeah it's not a perfect movie, and I do love all the star wars movie, but I take it for what it is. Yeah hearing that little kid act makes me cringe, but I will still go and see it. If I had a kid, I would want to take them to see it too. Im taking my wife to see it for Valentines day (Im such a roMANtic) Ideally, I want her to take it the whole story, be it good or bad, and let her decide for herself how she feels. Personally, the entire story, as a whole is good. The journey of a small child to Darth Vader is good overall. Yeah there are plot holes through out the entire thing, but sometimes I think people look at the original trilogy with rose tinted glasses. I mean, are the mistakes and plot holes created in the new trilogy REALLY so different from the original trilogy? I mean, Ewoks anyone? I mean I am sure I could riff on the original just as much as I can riff on the new, so neither set is perfect.

Yes, I agree the original trilogy is better, but that does not make the new trilogy any less enjoyable. To each his own for sure, but really it's not a terrible movie that movies you want to gouge your eyes out. I've seen enough of those movies on MST3K. Really I want to be able to take her to see all six movies in theaters, just as something to do together.

To each his own for sure, but really it's not a terrible movie that movies you want to gouge your eyes out. I've seen enough of those movies on MST3K.

Beef Blastbody disagrees with you.

Scavengers%20Reb%20Brown.jpg

I know pain...I've sat thru countless viewings of "The Beast of Yucca Flats", editing it down to an hour long format. And honestly, it still has more going for it (from a film history perspective at least) than the Phantom Menace ever will.

I think a lot of us "older fans" (being fans who saw the original and had many years to build up what we wanted to see in the prequel's and were disappointed by what we got) have a lot harder time dealing with the prequels then younger people do, especially those youngster who grew up with the prequels. My stepson is 10 and loves the prequels and the CW cartoon. The Original Trilogy doesn't hold his interest as much. He thinks Luke and Vader are a bid lame compared to the Jedi in the Prequel's, doesn't understand why Empire is such a cool movie (he really doesn't understand why the reveal is such a OMG thing). It's really become a generational thing now. In five years we'll get people that hate the OT and Prequels, but love the CW cartoon because that is what they grew up with.

Bah...the hate/backlash thing doesn't bother me anymore. Now it's just mildly amusing. I have every intention of seeing Episode I in 3-D no matter how many people put it down. I'll still enjoy it.

I'm going to see it in 3D for nostalgia's sake I saw it in theatres when I was 7 or 8 so I'm going to relive the old days watching the film,Drinking a pepsi and forgetting all the crap in my life for 133 minutes plus the prequels aren't that bad when you compare them to the likes of theese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Nightmare_on_Elm_Street_(2010_film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilight_Saga_(film_series)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Syfy_original_films

LOL I got to look for this "Spaced" movie.I like how when you enter that dudes office it has a the police call box sign as if it were the Tardis

For all you Daisy Steiner's out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJlgpozN31s&feature=related

LOL He is totally obsessed with hate TPM so much he destroys his merchandise? :P

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got to see Episode I in 3-D today. My wife and I took our nephews to see it. I wasn't sure what to expect because my brother had seen it with some friends, and they didn't seem terribly impressed with the 3-D transfer. And since I've seen Episode I about a thousand times, I kinda expected to be underwhelmed, to be quite honest.

My experience couldn't have been further from the truth.

I found myself wrapped up in the story and enjoying the film as if I were watching it for the very first time. I don't know if it was because of the 3-D aspect or because it just feels like a different movie when you see it on the big screen, but...I just really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I guess these films are just meant to be seen on the big screen to get the full effect and feel for them.

One thing I did notice was that some scenes didn't seem to be in 3-D at all, then others really jumped out at you and looked amazing. And Jar Jar didn't grate quite as much as I was expecting either. In fact, it was so much fun to hear the little ones, including my nephews, in the theater laugh at him throughout the film. And I would hear them react to Darth Maul, and they'd ask questions from time to time...it was just so much fun to see and hear a new generation discovering Star Wars for possibly the first time. People even clapped at the end.

I'm sitting here right now in my living room watching Episode I yet again, and I am noticing that, as cool as the 3-D effect was, the picture quality on my tv is waaay better than what I saw today. I guess 3-D technology can't quite match 1080p picture quality yet. It just seems so much clearer and fluid than what I saw at the theater today. I just kept thinking Episode I looked kinda dated now on the big screen, as much as I enjoyed it. But maybe that was just my imagination, knowing that I was watching a thirteen-year-old movie transferred to 3-D. But overall it felt like an epic Star Wars film again, and I think future generations will be kinder when looking back on this film and appreciate it as a fitting episode in the saga. Simply put, it was fun, and the spirit of Star Wars was still intact.

That would be a shame, because I'm like Wheeljack in that I really want to see the original films in 3-D. Yeah, the prequels look great and are suited for 3-D too, but man...the originals have just been begging for a 3-D transfer. I hope they get to do them...

That's the plan. Although there's some discussion that if the Prequels don't perform too well they may scrap the releases entierely.

If that is true that would be ridiculous

By now George should know that if he releases the origionals back into theaters they will make money.Peopl would love to relive there childhoods by seeing it on the big screen again like we did in 1997 for the special editions

Seems like I read that somewhere as well, but you just know each and every episode will make money, and I can't imagine Lucas re-releasing one or two of them and not all of them in 3-D.