G.I.Joe Subscription Figure Dice Revealed

JayC

My decline in interest in GI Joe aside, there's no way I would pay what they're asking for these figures...

I never cared much for Dice, not even in the RAH line when I was a kid... BUT, that is probably exactly what he should look like in the modern era.

It's a good/decent figure... just not one I am in love with.

Topside is still the only one I really want.

if they want me to open my wallet, they need to put in some more interesting characters that I am sure Hasbro won't be making... guys like:

Muskrat

Pathfinder

Iceberg

Fastdraw

Lightfoot

Repeater

Spearhead

Annihilator

Backblast

Frag Viper

HeatViper

Nightviper

Recoil

Rock n Roll v2

Targat

Ambush

Bullhorn

freefall

metalhead

Rampart

Salvo

Subzero

Big Ben

Desert Scorpion

Dusty v2

General Hawk w jetpack

SkyPatrol

Nightforce

Dice was a Ninja Force character that came out after I originally stopped collecting, so I don't really have a nostalgic reaction or connection to him like others may have. Having said that, It looks like they did a good job on him, and I'm all for new versions of vintage characters, even the ones I'm not familiar with, just as long as they're done well, and Dice seems to be done well.

Take Topside for example. He's another character I never owned nor was familiar with, but in recent years I've become intrigued with these post-1989 characters that I probably would have gotten had I continued to collect. I always imagined populating my make-believe U.S.S. FLAGG with characters like him and Keel-Haul. (lol) So naturally I'm drawn to him.

I'd be fine seeing Hasbro revisiting some of these "end-of-the-line" characters if they can do them justice. For example, some of the neon day-glow characters would have been really cool had they been done in more muted colors and had normal-colored weapons and accessories.

Hrm, maybe that leaked list from two months ago is actually legit. In case you wanted to know what was on that list:

Quarrel

Nano-Bat

Topside

Dice

Iron Klaw

Jinx

Barrel Roll

Sure Fire

(Tan) Grunt

Cover Girl

Big Boa

TNT

If this is indeed the list, then I will be passing on the sub. There's only 3 or 4 figures I would be interested in.

PharmV

Is there a price quoted???

No official price has been quoted. They originally said that the likely cost would be $25 each on top of HAVING to sign up for membership in the club which is like $42 for the year. That probably doesn't include shipping costs either.

My hope is that the reason why we haven't heard an official price yet is because they realized at those prices there was no way this was going to fly and have been looking at ways to lower that, but only time will tell. Even if you are already a club member, $25 a figure for 1 3.75" figure is just way to expensive. I am sure there will be some diehard fans who will pay that but the majority I do not think will regardless of what figures they release. Even if there are a few must haves in the list like say a Cover Girl I think most would just resort to evil bay and pay a high price for one figure as opposed to 12.

I'm actually liking Dice & Topside. If that list is accurate, I'll be signing up for sure. The only ones I care nothing about are the Nano-BAT & Quarrel. The others I like. Of course, I'd love to see the vast majority of Clam's list too.

Hrm, maybe that leaked list from two months ago is actually legit. In case you wanted to know what was on that list:

Quarrel

Nano-Bat

Topside

Dice

Iron Klaw

Jinx

Barrel Roll

Sure Fire

(Tan) Grunt

Cover Girl

Big Boa

TNT

If this is indeed the list, then I will be passing on the sub. There's only 3 or 4 figures I would be interested in.

PharmV

hmm.. I hope that isn't the list... if it is, I feel the same way. I would only want 3 or 4 of them. maybe a couple more depending on how they turn out (Barrel Roll and Sure Fire), but I have no attachment to them and wouldn't pay much for them.

My decline in interest in GI Joe aside, there's no way I would pay what they're asking for these figures...

Same here Joe. Scarce sightings in store, instant sell outs online, rising prices all around....and I'm just about burntout on an almost 30 year hobby. :(

Are these gonna be on vintage-style cardbacks? That would make my decision much easier. Twenty-five bucks a pop for cool exclusive figures on vintage-style cardbacks doesn't seem like a whole lot at the end of the day, but maybe that's just me...

Are these gonna be on vintage-style cardbacks? That would make my decision much easier. Twenty-five bucks a pop for cool exclusive figures on vintage-style cardbacks doesn't seem like a whole lot at the end of the day, but maybe that's just me...

It's just a small, plastic, kids toy, army man, action figure though, and the cardback is just cardboard and "exclusive".....what does that even really mean besides a gimmick for jacking the price up? $8.99 is too much to ask for these things, so $25 a pop is totally asinine unless it's from the 60's 70's or 80's and isn't being made anymore and is now RARE! Hell a scalper can raid the brick & mortars in a certain area and go on eBay and call his stash "Scalper Steves club" and charge $25 (or more) a pop on everything he scalped off the shelves because they're all now "exclsuive" to him and his little eBay shop. @haha@ This crap has just gotten way out of hand and obnoxious.

Based on that list, I want enough of the figures that if the price isn't too crazy outrageous I'll buy in.

I mean, if you count Footloose in (Club membership figure), and the secret 13th bonus figure, it adds a little value...and if the resale prices on Dial Tone are any indication, I'm sure the resale value on the figures you don't want will help make up for the sub price.

I like this Dice, but the first three have so much to desire. I am happy for the head sculpt for Topside but do not like that they just used the body of Shipwreck for the rest. They could have made some updates to give him a little more individuality. Currently, Dice is the only one that I would be willing to buy for $20 or $30. The rest are not interesting enough for me to get excited for. I hope we see all 12 before they put the subscription up.