Matty Collector Legion Boxset

66JEDIKILLER66

It's 5:07 am by my time right now; I just woke up with this on my mind.

I'm pretty broke but can put it on my credit card, no problem, I figure I will be in debt for life anyways.

My real problem is that I live in Canada and customs is going to slap a brokerage clearance fee on it, this seems to be because Matty is forced to do it with their own brokerage company.

Last time I ordered something from them was the Color of Fear 2 pack, I ordered 2 of them and the clearance fee was $30.00!

This leads me to believe that the clearance fee on this item will be around $80.00.

So $180 cost + $20 shipping + $80 brokerage fee = $280.00 divide by 12 figures will work out to be $23.33 each.

I really don't know what to do, I'm not a Legion fan but would love to see them in my display.

What do you guys think I should do?

I wish I made more money or had a better job then I wouldn't care so much. I just feel like I am getting ripped off.

Does any one know if BBTS or anyone else will carry these? I have not seen any solicitation for it what so ever.

What do you guys think I should do, wait and see if I can get it somewhere else cheaper or go for the gold?

Either way I am going to have an empty little spot in my heart, either from over paying or from not being able to buy it at all.

I used to live by that creedo that "I'll be in debt for life anyway!"

Think of it this way...if you were to buy these all on E-Bay singled out with shipping if you won the auction at cost thats about as much as you'd be paying anyway....

If this is something you want in your collection then i say go for it...i didnt want the CSA 5 pack for $80 buuuuut i went out and got it because the CSA looks boss next to my JLA!

Yeah, today's order was relatively painless. Except for the sticker shock of course.

I did have a minor problem with DR though. I added 1 Icarius and 1 Legion set. When I got to the address page it said I had TWO Legion sets. Eff that. I'm not paying $400+ for a Matty order. So I reduced it back to one and went to the billing page and I STILL had TWO Legion box sets in my order. Dammit Digital River, you dicks should be happy I'm ordering one set without padding out my order as if I wouldn't notice. Anyway, I went back to the beginning and started over and got ONE set. Even with the hassle I was done by 11:08.

got mine, it came out to a total of 207.74$. It's worth it to me, the box, extras, and design of the figs and again this a disposable income hobby , So wealthy people collect expensive cars, and I collect expensive toys lol.

But if you can't afford it, or it will put you in debt you can't pay back then just pass on it , this is a want and not a need. You could maybe sell some stuff to get the money you need. I've done that in the past when I only had one job.

Anybody have any extra sets pm me let me know

Im a big Legion fan and way excited for this set. Really though there are alot of legion fans out there, and im sure this set had alot of crossover fans buying it. I really hope this quick sell out means we might see box set two. Put Mon-el as the anchor like superboy in this and then give us more of the girls next time. Wooo I cant wait for my set to arrive, Long live the Legion.

Alright, I listed a bunch of old 12" star wars dolls on Kijiji to justify my buying it and had a painless transaction finished by 12:10pm.

I still feel kind of empty though.

Maybe it will go away when the set arrives, or maybe not, that's when I will have to pay the brokerage fee.

Lousy Matty why can't you be more foreign country friendly!

To be fair, that brokerage fee isn't really Matty's fault. That's more a US/Canada govt thing.

Regardless, knowing how quickly it sold out, and weve already got Johnny come latelys scrabbling in here and asking if we have spare sets, I'm sure you'll be happy you got it. Congrats on your purchase.

I AM LOCKED AND LOADED! Yes todays transaction was very painless. But I suspect its more to do with sticker shock than Mattel improving server speed. & how about that super fast sell out! Yup....there will be tears of regret as many look on & watch the 2nd-ary market value go off like a sky rocket. I don't collect for the value, but damn it sure does feel good landing a grail piece every now & then. :D

i really thought this will last at least 2 days. I was hoping it would because I get paid later this week. but when I saw that it was Almost Gone I couldn't gamble and I just had to use my wife's account. :) good thing I did that, after 1 hour from my purchase it got sold out. thank you Iphone!

You know I wouldn't be surprised if Matty announces that the next club figure will be Dawnstar or one of the other females from the Legion.

It would only make sense, they know they have an automatic sale for all of us who bought the boxset so I say that the next figure announced will be a Legion member of some type but... Dawnstar would be really cool.

Would make a lot of sense since I remember TG saying he wanted to do her in the set but she did not cost out. And that he was looking for a slot in a future wave. So yeah can see it happening easily!

Draven