2011 NYCC - Mattel Day 1 - Masters of the Universe Classics

Wheeljack35

From matty collector

Product Reveals & Demos

Here are a few of the reveals and demos planned, but there's plenty more in store!

• DC Universe: Revealed for the first time… the 2012 DC Universe Club Infinite Earths Club Exclusive Figure, Metron with Mobius Chair!
  • Ghostbusters™: We're celebrating the re-release of "Ghostbusters" in theaters with a demo of the Prop Replica Ghost Trap that goes on sale here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 10/17 along with 6" Ray with Slime Blower. (P.S. Don't miss our 20%-off Ghostbusters Halloween Sale 10/17-10/31!)
  • Green Lantern: Don't miss the demo of our ultimate Movie Masters® Hal Jordan! Featuring the voice of actor Ryan Reynolds, it's got a power ring sensor that activates lights and sounds (and the Green Lantern Oath), simply by waving the ring near the figure. You seriously have to see this one!
  • Masters of the Universe®: We're getting our 30th Anniversary party started early by unveiling two more figures.

From matty collectorMasters of the Universe®: We're getting our 30th Anniversary party started early by unveiling two more figures.

Two more 30th Anniversary figures? Or just two more figures from next year.

They would have to be the second 4H design and the Johns figure.

Leaving only the Fan design, which we won't know for quite awhile.

I thought it was

1 unproduced classic figure (Photog)

1 ToyGuru figure (Spectre)

1 Goeff Johns figure (unknown)

1 Fan Contest figure (unknown)

And the last two were 4H designs.

If 4H are only doing Draego, then who's designing the sixth figure?

Saw this in the other thread from Mattycollector:

MOTU 30th Anniversary Series

By fan demand, we're offering a subscription to the six very special figures we'll be releasing approximately every other month in 2012 in celebration of MOTU's 30th anniversary! Each figure will be a new character created just for the MOTUC line, including Fearless Photog (the winner of the 1985 Create a Figure Contest by Nathan Bitner) and Draego Man by the Four Horsemen. Of the remaining figures, two will be from Mattel, one from Geoff Johns (famed creative director from DC Comics), and the final figure is planned to be the winner of the current Create a Character Contest.

Yeah, there are two from Mattel. Scott (Toyguru) and someone else important to MOTUC are both getting figures.

Terry Higuchi from Mattel MOTUC design is doing the second Mattel 30th figure.

Terry is the guy who figures out how the figures need to move and what parts get used etc. Terry designed the new no ankle pin boots.

As for what two new figures get shown, It was never said if they were 30th anniversary or 2012 MOTUC. I just know it depended on if the Horsemen finished them so Eric Treadway could deliver them to Scott (ToyGuru) at NYCC.

If Eric Treadway brought them they will be revealed on Saturday.

Heh, so Horde Prime's unmasked head is TOP SECRET, except for the sneaked photo in the next slide.

...which looks ridiculous. @hmmm@ @smilepunch@

Is Snake Man-At-Arms the reason they've refused to re-release Man-At-Arms? Hopefully the alternate head is a normal one. Still, it goes against their previous logic. They kept re-releasing She-Ra despite giving us Bubble Power She-Ra, too. Same with Evil-Lyn.

Heh, so Horde Prime's unmasked head is TOP SECRET, except for the sneaked photo in the next slide.

Horde Prime comes with Two heads. One is the head from the UK comics that has the antennas and the other head is under the helmet Which Mattel is keeping hidden for now, but many think it's close to Hordaks head.

HordePrime.jpg

HordePrime2.jpg

HordePrime3.jpg

Original Man-At-Arms better be re-released, The snake version is just a cheap copy/knock-off. I.m.o.

I'm waiting for him He is the most important one I need right now from the origional releases

Yep. He still my most sought after character.

At-least He is considered a classic.

Not something that appeared in a cartoon episode from 10 years ago.

But.... As to be expected, This snake version l.b.c. "classic" probably came about, Due to so-called entitled elitists chirping for it.@wink@ @lol@

Original Man-At-Arms better be re-released, The snake version is just a cheap copy/knock-off. I.m.o.

I'm waiting for him He is the most important one I need right now from the origional releases

Yep. He still my most sought after character.

At-least He is considered a classic.

Not something that appeared in a cartoon episode from 10 years ago.

But.... As to be expected, This snake version l.b.c. "classic" probably came about, Due to so-called entitled elitists chirping for it.@wink@ @lol@

That snake version I have no interest and as for Horde Prime? I thought he was a giant? These two are passes for me

Sooo .... Why are they putting out a snake head figure when the snake heads are correct me if I am wrong from the new toon .... Which they have been constantly saying they hate & don't want anything to do with ....

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE