BBTS Exclusive 7 packs

RobbieDigital

For anyone that likes that Falcon but hates the colors, if I were a betting man I'd say we'll see that mold used again. And I AM a betting man.

The Dreadnok set is preordered. Now I remember that I never did pick up that Monkeywrench from that Walmart 2 pack...

The noks just haven't aged well. They were bizarre looking in the80's and now they look like mad max rejects. I would have prefered some updating.

No shirt? No buy! I don't see the logical of anyone having no shirt on. Even with Gung-Ho i put a vest of some sort on the guy. It leaves them so exposed.

I guess for me, all of these figures are meant to fit squarely into the 25th line right alongside weirdos like Mindbender and the Crimson Twins. As such for me, I would have been disappointed had they looked any less odd and slightly garish than their originals. With almost no exceptions, my 25th/ME figures do not mingle with my PoC figures simply because the aesthetic is too different.

While the idea of "modern" Dreadnoks is an interesting one, truth be told they'd probably be mostly boring with more normal street clothes.

I'm with you on Zanya not so much on the age thing - 20 yr olds have plenty of ummm "definition" - but because standing her next to Zarana makes it too obvious they share many of the same parts. I'll probably keep my MU X-23 custom in place and see where else I can use the Zanya parts.

Cant believe we are getting all the remaining 'noks in one pack, to finally get a Zandar and Zanzibar since their debut in the 80's is amazing, and not to mention the debut of Zanya, they really did an outstanding job in giving the fans what they want. That being said, now, im definately not a "nay sayer" or anything, but, did anyone else notcie the odd facial sculpting they chose for Zandar and Thrasher? They really dont look anything like their comic or cartoon conterparts, Thrasher looks like a guy in his 40's or so whose had too much sun, maybe its the eyebrows, and Zandars face looks nothing like him (in my point of view anyway) they almost look like you might know them personally, like an old high school buddy or high school teacher. Still preordered them b*tches tho lol, Anyway, so glad I got a Zarana on ebay for a decent price, cant wait for the whole gang to be reunited!

Now all we need is an updated classic Zartan, the new sculpting style is excellent and I would love a newer version of the classic Zartan look, painted just like my avatar. To go a stretch further, I would also be happy with an updated Buzzer, one that actually has the thigh guards on his legs like the original design, and either lose the elbow and shoulder guards on him or Ripper so they werent so similar. They could make that work with some of the new existing scuplts I think.

I have to agree with Mr. Creed. While some of molds are good they suck compared to the quality we've seen with the POC line. A lot of the figures are goofy and weak looking, or have odd proportions. For example, Zandar's head sculpt looks like Will Ferrel, Zanzibar and Gnawgahyde have tiny arms. There's just a lot of close set-eyes and plain bad -looking head sculpts. Spirit looks like a character from CONTRA? Who really gives a crap about having BURN OUT. Red Dog's football is bigger than his head!? I'm not saying I hate these things, I just think they're getting a lot more praise than they deserve. The only figures worth having in my over-critical eyes are:

MERCER, FALCON, BARBECUE, TAURUS, ROAD-PIG, ZANYA, and THRASHER. Just because we're finally getting some of these characters for the first time in long time, doesn't mean they look good. Looks like I'll still be buying both packs even though less than half of the figures are ones I actually want. *sad trombone*

I have to agree with Mr. Creed. While some of molds are good they suck compared to the quality we've seen with the POC line. A lot of the figures are goofy and weak looking, or have odd proportions. For example, Zandar's head sculpt looks like Will Ferrel, Zanzibar and Gnawgahyde have tiny arms. There's just a lot of close set-eyes and plain bad -looking head sculpts. Spirit looks like a character from CONTRA? Who really gives a crap about having BURN OUT. Red Dog's football is bigger than his head!? I'm not saying I hate these things, I just think they're getting a lot more praise than they deserve. The only figures worth having in my over-critical eyes are:

MERCER, FALCON, BARBECUE, TAURUS, ROAD-PIG, ZANYA, and THRASHER. Just because we're finally getting some of these characters for the first time in long time, doesn't mean they look good. Looks like I'll still be buying both packs even though less than half of the figures are ones I actually want. *sad trombone*

It's like some of the figures in that last Joe 7 pack ended up. Ripcord and Chuckles weren't as good as they should have been. The Recondo in my set didn't have a mustache. Hit & Run was okay, but he could have been better.

See, I think all the heads culpts are amazing honestly. What's more, I'm impressed that each one is pretty much a one off - there's no reuses there at all really (maybe Gnawhyde?). Zandar is a little odd looking - definitely different than how he's normally depicted - but some of that appears to depend upon the angle at which his picture is taken. I think it's the longer hair that makes the biggest impact.

I HATED Thrasher's headsculpt on the original toy from the moment I pulled him out of the box as a kid. This one at least has some character to it. He was always supposed to be a greaser and now he really looks like one. Burn Out really looks like he's been huffing paint out behind the garage or something.

And the football looks about right scale-wise. A full size, regulation football is relatively big.

I still want to know who has the job of posing these figures for the cons...I could have done a better job when I was five. I love how they have Gnawgahyde posed with his gun upside down. @loll@

@loll@ oh come on Darth Joe, you know its almos impossible to pose things! @smilepunch@ I love the figs I will say again. The Noks that is. Zandar looks great and my fav of the set. I can't wait to get thse!

Draven

I'm a broken record still spinning w/the volume turned down but I just hafta say (in my the sid the sloth voice) I'm displeased with not getting retail access to the exclusives. I try to buy local if possible ie. comic shops, boutiques?, mom & pop thrifts, & global (haha) boxstores who employ my neighbors & friends. I have ordered online before in the past when I had more money b4 I lost mah job but right now online & traveling to some Comic Con far far away aren't in mah budgie. The economics behind exclusives has to be very lucrative for the big H otherwise they wouldn't waste their time making such delights to dangle above our Tantalus like minds. I really want to buy Slaughters Marauders but not if there's a big empty hole where the team captain should be. I can't afford to pay 70 bux for one figure online (for the Sarge 20 woulda been nice) so they're losing this small time charlies money on the whole schmere. Annnnd to beat & murder an expired horse when its down, the Zarana affair.......I don't know about the Noks 7 pack either, to not include her in that pack is madness, that's like having a Xamot but no Tomax in your army....I do buy alot of toys for a broke a$$, but when it comes to spending 50-80$ on one fig its a no-go Joe. The reality is I'm still a spoiled man-child & most of the time I do get what I want but it justs hurttss (broke out my handkerchief) I tells yaaa, when I see that jones boy across the street with his SDCC starscream/CC & Sarge (he bangs that jet against the curb over and over again just wanting to break it) as I roll my eyes and rock in fetal position over & over agin......just had to get that off my ample bosom......haha once again the sets rule but slightly less due to missing all things that make the sets true to the Sarge & the Noks.....just saying thanks you hunters and madmen......

Actually it can be a harder job than you might imagine. Often they aren't put out till right before the convention hall opens or even sometimes after the hall opens, so you are doing it in a hurry or with large crowds around you all trying to look at what your doing or taking pictures. Also often the figures have to be assembled right there and they are very delicate. You have to remember these usually aren't finished product like you buy in the store. The are production pieces and a lot more fragile. Finally they have to be posed in a way that they don't fall over when the hundreds of people start coming up to the cases an bumping into then and such.

I still want to know who has the job of posing these figures for the cons...I could have done a better job when I was five. I love how they have Gnawgahyde posed with his gun upside down. @loll@

Thrashers head sculpt was apparently based on on of the Hasbro designers which is maybe why it has character.

See, I think all the heads culpts are amazing honestly. What's more, I'm impressed that each one is pretty much a one off - there's no reuses there at all really (maybe Gnawhyde?). Zandar is a little odd looking - definitely different than how he's normally depicted - but some of that appears to depend upon the angle at which his picture is taken. I think it's the longer hair that makes the biggest impact.

I HATED Thrasher's headsculpt on the original toy from the moment I pulled him out of the box as a kid. This one at least has some character to it. He was always supposed to be a greaser and now he really looks like one. Burn Out really looks like he's been huffing paint out behind the garage or something.

And the football looks about right scale-wise. A full size, regulation football is relatively big.

The Sgt Slaughter is decent.

O.o?

I think Lowlight and BBQ are the ones who sacrificed to make this pack come in under cost considering all the new involved.

I'm just glad for Falcon's removable beret. It will probably go towards my Dial Tone custom.

I'm a broken record still spinning w/the volume turned down but I just hafta say (in my the sid the sloth voice) I'm displeased with not getting retail access to the exclusives. I try to buy local if possible ie. comic shops, boutiques?, mom & pop thrifts, & global (haha) boxstores who employ my neighbors & friends. I have ordered online before in the past when I had more money b4 I lost mah job but right now online & traveling to some Comic Con far far away aren't in mah budgie. The economics behind exclusives has to be very lucrative for the big H otherwise they wouldn't waste their time making such delights to dangle above our Tantalus like minds. I really want to buy Slaughters Marauders but not if there's a big empty hole where the team captain should be. I can't afford to pay 70 bux for one figure online (for the Sarge 20 woulda been nice) so they're losing this small time charlies money on the whole schmere. Annnnd to beat & murder an expired horse when its down, the Zarana affair.......I don't know about the Noks 7 pack either, to not include her in that pack is madness, that's like having a Xamot but no Tomax in your army....I do buy alot of toys for a broke a$$, but when it comes to spending 50-80$ on one fig its a no-go Joe. The reality is I'm still a spoiled man-child & most of the time I do get what I want but it justs hurttss (broke out my handkerchief) I tells yaaa, when I see that jones boy across the street with his SDCC starscream/CC & Sarge (he bangs that jet against the curb over and over again just wanting to break it) as I roll my eyes and rock in fetal position over & over agin......just had to get that off my ample bosom......haha once again the sets rule but slightly less due to missing all things that make the sets true to the Sarge & the Noks.....just saying thanks you hunters and madmen......

You can get a hold of a Zarana for a decent price, I got mine for under 30 bucks on ebay, They probably jacked up the prices now with this new pack coming out but I saw some after I one the auction going only as high as 20-30 dollars. I know thats still a lot to pay for one figure, but, I had to have her knowing that we would probably never see in mass retail.

I'm a broken record still spinning w/the volume turned down but I just hafta say (in my the sid the sloth voice) I'm displeased with not getting retail access to the exclusives. I try to buy local if possible ie. comic shops, boutiques?, mom & pop thrifts, & global (haha) boxstores who employ my neighbors & friends. I have ordered online before in the past when I had more money b4 I lost mah job but right now online & traveling to some Comic Con far far away aren't in mah budgie. The economics behind exclusives has to be very lucrative for the big H otherwise they wouldn't waste their time making such delights to dangle above our Tantalus like minds. I really want to buy Slaughters Marauders but not if there's a big empty hole where the team captain should be. I can't afford to pay 70 bux for one figure online (for the Sarge 20 woulda been nice) so they're losing this small time charlies money on the whole schmere. Annnnd to beat & murder an expired horse when its down, the Zarana affair.......I don't know about the Noks 7 pack either, to not include her in that pack is madness, that's like having a Xamot but no Tomax in your army....I do buy alot of toys for a broke a$, but when it comes to spending 50-80$ on one fig its a no-go Joe. The reality is I'm still a spoiled man-child & most of the time I do get what I want but it justs hurttss (broke out my handkerchief) I tells yaaa, when I see that jones boy across the street with his SDCC starscream/CC & Sarge (he bangs that jet against the curb over and over again just wanting to break it) as I roll my eyes and rock in fetal position over & over agin......just had to get that off my ample bosom......haha once again the sets rule but slightly less due to missing all things that make the sets true to the Sarge & the Noks.....just saying thanks you hunters and madmen......

You can get a hold of a Zarana for a decent price, I got mine for under 30 bucks on ebay, They probably jacked up the prices now with this new pack coming out but I saw some after I one the auction going only as high as 20-30 dollars. I know thats still a lot to pay for one figure, but, I had to have her knowing that we would probably never see in mass retail.

I know I might hafta bust out the emergency Credit Card (dun dah dunnnn) for Miss Z. I was saving it for Xmas prez's for the Fam buttt I bought enough floofloovers & tartookas for them last year.....I really want to get that Noks 7 Pack but w/out her its not as Noktastic.......soo I'll prolly bite

Actually it can be a harder job than you might imagine. Often they aren't put out till right before the convention hall opens or even sometimes after the hall opens, so you are doing it in a hurry or with large crowds around you all trying to look at what your doing or taking pictures. Also often the figures have to be assembled right there and they are very delicate. You have to remember these usually aren't finished product like you buy in the store. The are production pieces and a lot more fragile. Finally they have to be posed in a way that they don't fall over when the hundreds of people start coming up to the cases an bumping into then and such.

Well, maybe if you're a water-head. ;)

I get what you're saying...but his friggin' gun is UPSIDE DOWN. @lol@

Of course, this is in reply to the site owner who doesn't even know how to run quotations properly. ;) @smilepunch@

No I know how to run em, I just prefer to read the new text first instead of sifting through and re-reading older quotes ;)

Well, maybe if you're a water-head. ;)

I get what you're saying...but his friggin' gun is UPSIDE DOWN. @lol@

Of course, this is in reply to the site owner who doesn't even know how to run quotations properly. ;) @smilepunch@